K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Posted September 26, 2013
Hamlin is great! The teachers are very energetic and willing to work with students. The academics are great and by the time they leave, they are very well prepared for high school. I especially liked how they are the only school who has the girls lead the school tours. Wanda Holland is an amazing head of school.

Posted December 10, 2010
Hamlin is a fantastic school. We have a 1st grader and another starting next year. Hamlin has a dynamic and visionary head of school that is keeping what is good about the school while changing for the 21st century. The teachers are great -- educated, energetic & passionate. Over the past few years, the school has become more diverse in race, religion and social-economic status. I highly recommend the school.

Posted September 26, 2008
Since most of these reviews are at least two years old, I thought I'd add mine to the mix. Hamlin has a dynamic new head of school and the entire community is excited about the direction the school is going. The incoming K class is diverse--racially, socioeconomically, and in terms of family structure, and probably in other less obvious ways. We have found the community very welcoming. It was by far our first choice for our daughter. Check it out!

Hamlin, The 3

Posted October 10, 2006
Great school with excellent academics. The parents are very snooty, but seem nice. We are considering removing our daughter because the school does not respond well to students who creative are learners.

Posted March 15, 2006
We have really enjoyed our experience at Hamlin. They have provided a wonderful learning environment and experience for my daughter. The teachers are interested in her as an individual and encourage her to take risks. They have provided her with a great foundation to exceed in life.

Posted March 13, 2006
Outstanding school all round, save diversity

Posted February 01, 2006
My daughter attended this school for the K - 8 grades. At the time of her initial enrollment, I had my doubts, as there are other excellent options in the SF area, and we stressed over making the best decision. In summary and in hindsight, if we were to be in that situation again, we would choose Hamlin, but this time with the utmost confidence. My quiet and introverted daughter flourished here. She left the school with a lot of confidence in her abilities, she has maintained a love of learning, and many fond memories.

Posted October 11, 2005
Hamlin is am amazing school. The teachers are some of the best educators I have known. They are kind, smart, and extremely helpful to parents. They truly want your children to suceed. It is the best school imaginable.

Posted May 14, 2005
I'm an alumna (as are my sister, cousin) and I still remember my French, history, math, and English teachers; I truly believe they helped me develop as a person as well as succeed in the material sense (Brown, med school, chief resident, etc).

Posted December 10, 2004
Incredible school, especially Corrine Hester, the Head of School. Academics, athletics, art and music etc. are unquestionably great. But the real differentiator is the strength of the vision of the school and philosophy with regard to girls' education.

Hamlin, The