Posted May 15, 2014
I attended this school from Pre-K thru 12th grade and think that the education is unparalleled. I felt extremely prepared and well-equipped for college. The advantages are: - Bi/multilingual education - Good environment for those who are interested in art - Small class sizes - Very structured environment (which can be a good or a bad thing, depending on your child) - Capable teachers - Exposure to different cultures - Offers both International and French Baccalaureate tracks Cons would be: - Expensive - Not very diverse in terms of socioeconomic background (read: lots and lots of wealthy families) - Not a great school for sports

Posted February 11, 2014
French American is an outstanding school. It has a terrific curriculum, cutting edge tech in the classroom, an assurance that your child will fluently speak three languages by 8th grade, significant exposure to global cultures (very diverse student/parent body), a major emphasis upon international learning and travel, a social and emotional learning program (studies show that professional success is more closely correlated with emotional IQ than intellectual IQ), small classes and great teachers, and a decent sports program (though much of that is run by parents until 5th grade). My son has been at FAIS for three years, and it is wonderful to watch him grow in this nurturing, yet highly stimulating and challenging environment. In a world that is becoming more international by the second, I believe that the education that FAIS provides is about as close to ideal as you can get.

Posted March 28, 2010
I love my school. It's a perfect fit for my friends and I. A student can really live, grow, and have a responsible and academic life. I highly recommend it for students who wish to further themselves and their futures. Besides the academics, the student life is fairly easy. Though harder than most schools, it is more open to anyone and everyone instead of a few select type of people. Come to French American!

Posted January 10, 2010

Posted October 31, 2009
Very expensive but worth the money for high expectations around academic discipline, altruism and a dedicated faculty.

French American International School 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The best education I could ever hope for my child - bilingual, international in perspective, high expectations and dedication to each child's success.

Posted August 29, 2009
Its such a great school! It really helps you learn about the world and diffrent cultures!

Posted May 21, 2009
As a 'lifer'(K-11 going to be a Senior next year) at the French American Intl. School, I really couldn't have been more grateful for being able to recieve such an excellent education. Although the academics are very rigerous and challenging, critical thinking and international awareness is an important part of the education. Through this fabulous school, I have been able to travel around the world experiencing and learning about many different cultures and their peoples. Aside from the exquisite international travel the school offers and the rigerous academics, I'm happy to say that the school truly is a second home to me, and has opened doors to my future, making me grow as a student, individual and has formed a well rounded intelligent human being ready to go out into the world and succeed. I would highly recommend this school to anyone, looking for an outstanding, challenging international education.

Posted December 17, 2008
With two children at FAIS for a few years , we can only recommend this wonderful school. The LS Principal is new and we saw a huge difference in all levels. He gets to know the children and children know him. Teachers are wonderful, the kids get a lot of personal attention. If you want your kid to receive a great education, speak French and just be happy, send 'em here !

Posted October 27, 2008
I'm writing here because the leadership is brilliant, cares about diversity, and because I know that this will be a real effect on my children

French American International School
150 Oak Street, San Francisco, CA  94102
(415) 558-2022
Last modified French American International School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
French American International School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top