K-12|Private

Bad
Good

We have two children at FAIS and could not be more pleased. They both started in the pre-K program and within a year were speaking conversational French proficiently. We think the academics are top notch and we really love the diversity of the students. One thing that I think is exceptional at FAIS is the focus on creating independent, confident children. They do this by allowing the children to explore the world beyond the classroom, through day trips within San Francisco and overnight trips both in Northern California and abroad. We feel very fortunate to have found a school with an educational focus that aligns so strongly with our own.

Our three children attend FAIS; we love the school for its diverse student body, high academic standards, great learning specialists when kids need help, and emphasis on participatibg in their immediate community and larger world community. The middle school sports program has also been an important part of my kids' experience. The school has shown flexibility in their curriculum, working with us and other parents to introduce a new third language option in 6th grade. Since the school is Pk-12 teachers often emphasize not just the immediate performance of the student, but how they will develop and perform over the long term. We wish the school wasn't such a big bite of our budget, but it is a very unique and enriching experience.

Well established IB and FB (International and French Baccalaureate) school teaching in French and English, with Chinese and Spanish language studies. Emphasis on best practices as educators. Great track record of preparing for top flight universities.

I attended this school from Pre-K thru 12th grade and think that the education is unparalleled. I felt extremely prepared and well-equipped for college. The advantages are: - Bi/multilingual education - Good environment for those who are interested in art - Small class sizes - Very structured environment (which can be a good or a bad thing, depending on your child) - Capable teachers - Exposure to different cultures - Offers both International and French Baccalaureate tracks Cons would be: - Expensive - Not very diverse in terms of socioeconomic background (read: lots and lots of wealthy families) - Not a great school for sports

French American is an outstanding school. It has a terrific curriculum, cutting edge tech in the classroom, an assurance that your child will fluently speak three languages by 8th grade, significant exposure to global cultures (very diverse student/parent body), a major emphasis upon international learning and travel, a social and emotional learning program (studies show that professional success is more closely correlated with emotional IQ than intellectual IQ), small classes and great teachers, and a decent sports program (though much of that is run by parents until 5th grade). My son has been at FAIS for three years, and it is wonderful to watch him grow in this nurturing, yet highly stimulating and challenging environment. In a world that is becoming more international by the second, I believe that the education that FAIS provides is about as close to ideal as you can get.

I love my school. It's a perfect fit for my friends and I. A student can really live, grow, and have a responsible and academic life. I highly recommend it for students who wish to further themselves and their futures. Besides the academics, the student life is fairly easy. Though harder than most schools, it is more open to anyone and everyone instead of a few select type of people. Come to French American!

Very expensive but worth the money for high expectations around academic discipline, altruism and a dedicated faculty.

The best education I could ever hope for my child - bilingual, international in perspective, high expectations and dedication to each child's success.

Its such a great school! It really helps you learn about the world and diffrent cultures!

As a 'lifer'(K-11 going to be a Senior next year) at the French American Intl. School, I really couldn't have been more grateful for being able to recieve such an excellent education. Although the academics are very rigerous and challenging, critical thinking and international awareness is an important part of the education. Through this fabulous school, I have been able to travel around the world experiencing and learning about many different cultures and their peoples. Aside from the exquisite international travel the school offers and the rigerous academics, I'm happy to say that the school truly is a second home to me, and has opened doors to my future, making me grow as a student, individual and has formed a well rounded intelligent human being ready to go out into the world and succeed. I would highly recommend this school to anyone, looking for an outstanding, challenging international education.

Last modified French American International School is a Private school that serves grades K-12