San Francisco, CA
After care: No

Posted November 19, 2014
Drew school. has been a exceptional experience for our daughter as well as our family . The faculty commitment to excellence has given our daughter such confidence and independence dealing with life challenges and adversity. We believe that Drew 's educational philosophy has natured our daughter with greater prospective to participate in life with determination and true expression . My dearest wife have actively engage in the school's PGA with dedicated passion ,knowing that the Drew family is solidly paving the way for our children's future success.

Posted November 15, 2014
When looking for a school I talked to 5 Drew students. The responses were so enthusiastic; I love my school, I love my teachers and I love going to school. That got my interest. My child is a sophomore and very happy. His interests are Honors Chemistry, Psychology, Math, Surfing (DEALL), Coding and 3d Printing (DEALL) where he built a 3d printer. There's a great school spirit here and a nice community feeling. It is not a drop off school. Parents are invited to be involved. I have met so many parents at the school events and the sports games. My child is getting a great education and learning wonderful social skills also. He was invited to the honors chemistry class and now wants to proceed with more honors and AP classes. He

Posted November 15, 2014
Drew is one of the few high schools left that offers a great education without completely stressing out its students. Drew's teachers and administrators don't believe that four hours of homework a night makes kids more successful. Instead Drew aims to cultivate each student's intellectual strengths and nurture a love of learning that will last far beyond high school. This is a warm and tolerant community with teachers dedicated to each child's education. Our child has been very happy at Drew and has made wonderful friends, too.

Posted November 14, 2014
Drew School is a great place for kids who do not want to hide in a big classroom. The school is small so the students receive a lot of attention and a lot of support, both in and out of the classroom. The teachers and administration are energetic and engaged, and have created a culture where the students are challenged but feel comfortable asking for help if they need it. We cannot imagine a better school for our son.

Posted February 25, 2014
I graduated from Drew in 2009. In college, people were always shocked when I described my high school experience so positively. Everyone I spoke to had nothing but complaints about their high school, but I loved Drew! One of my other favorite parts of Drew was playing dodgeball every Friday in the Friday Electives. Years later, I am now the captain of a rec dodgeball team, thanks Drew! Would have never known how much I loved dodgeball. I also thought DEALL was one of the most fantastic ways to explore new passions, the Cake Decorating DEALL I took freshman year was the first time I ever baked anything, and it later inspired the baking company I started in high school and continued for a few years after. It certainly inspired my love of baking! Overall, I would say I received a very positive and well-rounded education and high school experience. It was very unique to go to a high school where someone would be condemned for saying anything at all that was homophobic, racist or offensive in any way. Everyone was really supportive of each other and appreciated each others differences.

Drew School 4

Posted January 14, 2014
I am a senior at Drew. It has been such a great experience. Teachers always have extra time to talk to me, including "office hours." On the other hand, you need to be able to seek out those relationships if you want help. We also have extended time built into each test, which is a big help when needed. Academically, it can be as rigorous as you want to make it. Yes, some students choose to take the "easy way" through, but even then there is a lot of appropriate challenges in the curriculum. I have taken many honors and APs, and I have to say that it is academically stimulating, although it can be hard. On the non-academic side, there are so many opportunities to be a leader and get involved. I've probably done everything I've been able to, including DEALL summer trips like going to Senegal. It may not be for everyone, but I have met many more people that rave about it than people who dislike it.

Posted May 25, 2013
My daughter attends DREW and is loving it. We could not have made a better choice in selecting this school. Although the final choice was hers, we supported her in her decision. She adjusted well to the environment and quickly made new friends. She plays volleyball and a member of the student government. What I enjoy most about DREW is that it look at each child as an individual learner. (as you may know that every person learns different) DREW goes above and beyond to make sure that every child feels successful as a learner. Students leave DREW and attend great universities and colleges. After college, they have successful careers. DREW has been around 100+ years and high school I'm not sure. As for me and my daughter we made the RIGHT CHOICE! (and that's what it's all about)

Drew School 3

Posted May 07, 2013
Drew boasts about its kind and embracing community but I have not found that to be the case with my own child. Drew is probably a great school for a student who is not looking for a serious academic challenge but instead just wants to get through high school without anything extra-ordinary. For a more engaged student, it feels like the wrong school. While some of the teachers are fantastic, some are below the standard for a school of its kind. Many are unwilling to go the extra mile. Some are downright disappointing. The new school building is impressive, and so are the travel opportunities during DEALL and summer breaks. The head of the school is concerned and approachable. They definitely have impressive special days like Snow Day (complete with ice rink and falling snow) and International Day! Drew could improve by working harder to be sure all kids are engaged at their own academic level rather than forcing them work at a one-size-fits-all pace, and to make it feel acceptable and desirable to be an enthusiastic student. It could also do a much better job of supporting its students socially and emotionally.

Drew School 3

Posted January 26, 2011
i feel that Drew is has amazing academic, and is one of the best. Being a person of color in Drew School i have had to deal with a lot of unneeded drama which in the end results in me transferring. Drew social awareness skills should be a lot higher for the type of people that go there. basically academic great! social aspects needs improvement

Posted December 12, 2010
I am a freshman at Drew Skool. It was my number 1 choice in 8th grade, and i made a great desicion! The open-campus freedom is awesome, all students are nice and are cool, the teachers are extremely helpful and caring. I hope to be successful all 4 years here. Right now im getting ready for 1st semester final exams.....

Drew School