Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=2901+california+street,san+francisco,ca+94115&sensor=false&client=gme greatschoolsinc&signature=bgpxsr7n sdj f6jhkeakdi pmg=
San Francisco CA

Posted February 25, 2014
I graduated from Drew in 2009. In college, people were always shocked when I described my high school experience so positively. Everyone I spoke to had nothing but complaints about their high school, but I loved Drew! One of my other favorite parts of Drew was playing dodgeball every Friday in the Friday Electives. Years later, I am now the captain of a rec dodgeball team, thanks Drew! Would have never known how much I loved dodgeball. I also thought DEALL was one of the most fantastic ways to explore new passions, the Cake Decorating DEALL I took freshman year was the first time I ever baked anything, and it later inspired the baking company I started in high school and continued for a few years after. It certainly inspired my love of baking! Overall, I would say I received a very positive and well-rounded education and high school experience. It was very unique to go to a high school where someone would be condemned for saying anything at all that was homophobic, racist or offensive in any way. Everyone was really supportive of each other and appreciated each others differences.

Drew School 4

Posted January 14, 2014
I am a senior at Drew. It has been such a great experience. Teachers always have extra time to talk to me, including "office hours." On the other hand, you need to be able to seek out those relationships if you want help. We also have extended time built into each test, which is a big help when needed. Academically, it can be as rigorous as you want to make it. Yes, some students choose to take the "easy way" through, but even then there is a lot of appropriate challenges in the curriculum. I have taken many honors and APs, and I have to say that it is academically stimulating, although it can be hard. On the non-academic side, there are so many opportunities to be a leader and get involved. I've probably done everything I've been able to, including DEALL summer trips like going to Senegal. It may not be for everyone, but I have met many more people that rave about it than people who dislike it.

Posted May 25, 2013
My daughter attends DREW and is loving it. We could not have made a better choice in selecting this school. Although the final choice was hers, we supported her in her decision. She adjusted well to the environment and quickly made new friends. She plays volleyball and a member of the student government. What I enjoy most about DREW is that it look at each child as an individual learner. (as you may know that every person learns different) DREW goes above and beyond to make sure that every child feels successful as a learner. Students leave DREW and attend great universities and colleges. After college, they have successful careers. DREW has been around 100+ years and high school I'm not sure. As for me and my daughter we made the RIGHT CHOICE! (and that's what it's all about)

Drew School 3

Posted May 07, 2013
Drew boasts about its kind and embracing community but I have not found that to be the case with my own child. Drew is probably a great school for a student who is not looking for a serious academic challenge but instead just wants to get through high school without anything extra-ordinary. For a more engaged student, it feels like the wrong school. While some of the teachers are fantastic, some are below the standard for a school of its kind. Many are unwilling to go the extra mile. Some are downright disappointing. The new school building is impressive, and so are the travel opportunities during DEALL and summer breaks. The head of the school is concerned and approachable. They definitely have impressive special days like Snow Day (complete with ice rink and falling snow) and International Day! Drew could improve by working harder to be sure all kids are engaged at their own academic level rather than forcing them work at a one-size-fits-all pace, and to make it feel acceptable and desirable to be an enthusiastic student. It could also do a much better job of supporting its students socially and emotionally.

Drew School 3

Posted January 26, 2011
i feel that Drew is has amazing academic, and is one of the best. Being a person of color in Drew School i have had to deal with a lot of unneeded drama which in the end results in me transferring. Drew social awareness skills should be a lot higher for the type of people that go there. basically academic great! social aspects needs improvement

Posted December 12, 2010
I am a freshman at Drew Skool. It was my number 1 choice in 8th grade, and i made a great desicion! The open-campus freedom is awesome, all students are nice and are cool, the teachers are extremely helpful and caring. I hope to be successful all 4 years here. Right now im getting ready for 1st semester final exams.....

Posted December 07, 2009

Drew School 0

Posted October 26, 2009

Posted September 24, 2009
Drew is intensely SPIRITED and just overall amazing. The community is extremely friendly and everyone is really close to each other. The kids that attend Drew will surely agree if asked. The teachers are all very experienced and will devote their free time to the students by volition. It's awesome!

Posted December 15, 2008
Drew is an excellent school. The academics are top notch, taught by caring teachers, most of whom have advanced degrees and all of whom seem to be passionate people who know how to motivate the students. The environment is very accepting and welcoming. We feel very fortunate to have had our daughter at Drew; she has gotten an excellent education and is thriving.

Contact Information

2901 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94115

Drew School
2901 California Street, San Francisco, CA  94115
Last modified Drew School is a private school that serves grades 9-12
Drew School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.