K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted September 20, 2015
This school has become a sanctuary for our son and our family. My son is not only challenged academically he is also being steeped in black culture and all it's historical richness too often forgotten in our current school system. At Meadows Livingstone the teaching of black culture empowers the students with confidence, character and wisdom beyond their years. As a parent, it's no surprise that 90% of the graduates attend college. We love this school and the community!

Posted January 03, 2013
My child attends this wonderful school. The children are very articulate, intelligent and creative. Students are challenged academically and enjoy learning tremendously. The teachers are caring, thoughtful and encouraging.

Posted January 01, 2009
I was in this school, and it was the best time of my life. Everyone was liked equally, and treated equally. Students could use their imaginations in a safe environment. My peers and I were challenged with mental, physical, and spiritual activities. The teachers got us to learn a lot while having a blast. Besides the usual lessons like the Gold Rush, Meadows-Livingstone also teaches about the African struggle in America. I recommend this school to everyone.

Posted June 13, 2006
My son has attended Meadows-Livingstone for 3 years. The high quality of education, the 27 years of excellent guidance from the founder, the outstanding teaching, unusual and rich extracurricular activiities, and the great attention to safety (physical, emotional, and spiritual)and discipline make it difficult for me to give it only 5 stars. I wish there were a million stars on the scale! I homeschooled my 2 older children, because I didn't know about this school. I've seen every public and private school in San Francisco and this is the only one I consider good enough for my kids. There is a afro-centric curriculum, but there are mixed and white children who have come to this school and been completely happy. What most matters is how comfortable you and your child are there. The parents are all very involved and exceptionally thoughtful.

Meadows-Livingstone School
1499 Potrero Avenue, San Francisco, CA  94110
Last modified Meadows-Livingstone School is a Private school that serves grades K-6