Posted January 29, 2013
As a parent of a student to Jefferson Middle School, I think that the schools's one of the best middle schools I have ever seen. For starters, although not all, most teachers are very passionate about learning, are very engaged with students, and really want their students to succeed. Along with that, the school has integrated common core, and even my son, a bright 8th grader, wrote several poems about science, math, and an arts program in Honors, or AP English class. In his Honors History class, his teacher had him write an essay (Language Arts) about his own take on certain debates. The school is also extremely fortunate that it still offers multiple electives and arts programs, for example, JMS offers 2 levels of Art, 3 different levels of Orchestra, Band, an award winning Mock Trial team, rigorous computer courses, and my personal favorite, the Speech and Debate team. A nationally ranked team, it's practically built up it's own dynasty. In fact, recently my son informs me we took home almost every trophy for several categories! The coach is an amazing and wonderful person. Personally, Jefferson is an excellent school to attend.

Posted August 12, 2012
I am very happy with my experience as the parent of a sixth grader last year. He did not end up with all the great teachers. There was one particular teacher I would have changed if I could. But that IS how life is. I wanted him to learn to live with and work with a "difficult" teacher. And it worked out really well. So, in addition to academic knowledge he had some real life lessons. He will be starting grade 7 this fall and we are looking forward to it.

Posted July 08, 2012
I think Jefferson is great! The campus is nice, and it's teachers are really great. Jefferson has computer classes, an orchestra and a band, and many classes that you can choose from. It's mock trial won the California Championship in 2011 and it's Robotics won 1st place a few years back, and 3rd place just two years ago and continued to Championship Opens.

Jefferson Middle School 3

Posted May 23, 2012
Some teachers really cared for their students acchievements, some teachers didn't at all. But if your kid is lucky they will have caring teachers.Or maybe after reading this review, you might want to pick and choose your teachers, is that possible? My 8th grader was here for 3 yrs, now graduating in June, had great caring teachers.Gave him alot of support and always had me in the loop with what was happening to him academically. But unfortunately for my 6th grader, right from the first open house, after speaking to his teachers, I knew that the teachers were not as caring as the other groups of teachers. He had light homework and hardly any projects, but he was doing okay, til 3rd quarter, failed one subject, but I didn't found out til report card came to my home, his teachers never notified me for a parent conference. Teacher didn't return my call til weeks later. To make things worst, he got picked on by other students, shoved onto the floor and gotten hurt. If I sound like an overly protected parent, Nope, very strict with both my boys and neither one of them are trouble makers. Just one more week of school, my only ? is will we be back for 7th grade, probably not.

Posted July 27, 2011
I went to jms from 6-7th grade and absolutely loved it. It was like a big huge family that always supported, helped you through everything. The teachers were kind and caring. In my experience it is a very supportive and caring environment. The teachers are the best part there the people who make it happen.

Posted October 25, 2010
i was a former student, class 2010. i loved jefferson middle school. they provide many places to go. i got to go to sacremento with "history day", 6 flags with "fbla(future business leaders of america)" we were also able to go to DC,PA & NY, knotts and disneyland with orchestra. in orchestra, we had a gold rating for 2 years out of 3. in 6th grade i had a silver rating. we have a GREAT speech and debate team. the teachers are great! exept for the 8th grade science teacher. all she did in class was play with her hamster.

Posted August 04, 2010
theres just not that many teachers here who are really passionate in what they do, theres only a few who are really great teachers at this school, most are just biased towards others and overall, the school isn't really THAT challenging if you just put your best effort and focus! i totally agree that the school needs some upgrades on the staff! other than that, this school is really great when it comes to establishing individuals! the extra curricular activities at JMS are just AWESOME. the school consists of a orchestra, band, and choir program, many clubs, and sports teams year-round. if you decide to let your child come to this school, i encourage them to join the speech and debate team! the speech program is AMAZING! i have to admit, the teachers here may not be the best, but i guess this school was average...its definitely not the worst.

Jefferson Middle School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Jefferson has a great staff, teachers and a strong PTA. They also have a lot of extra-curricular activities for the children that promotes not only academic excellence but enables them to be well-rounded individuals.

Jefferson Middle School 1

Posted December 23, 2008
Well i think that the students are great. But sometimes the teachers are really mean and favor some types of students. I understand we have great oppertunitys but i dont understand how we can achieve it if the teacher arent participating and picking on some student. And some times when i ask them questions they dont answer it or just ignore me and then sometimes i try asking a student nearby and then the teacher acusses me of talking but it i was trying to get help. The students try very hard and have very good support especially to the after school sport students. But the sad part to after school sport is that we have to carry all of our cloths pants shirt hair bands shoes and ect. They principal wont let them use the lockers which really is good. Well jms needs some upgrades on the staff!

Jefferson Middle School 0

Posted November 15, 2008
I think Jefferson Middle School is great, it has a wonderful Speech & Debate team that is at a very hig-ranking level. Along with Mock Trial, the teachers at that school are totally awesome. I have classes in Honors' English and also in History too. Home of the Bulldogs is Jefferson Middle School! Yeah, JMS rocks & rules!

Jefferson Middle School
1372 East Las Tunas Drive, San Gabriel, CA  91776
Last modified Jefferson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top