Bad
Good

The BEST school in the district, save your money on private school and buy a home in this area. The PTA is strong and teachers care, perfect recipe for a great school...API is off the charts...

The teaching staff is great. Great prinicipal. Staff is very helpful and accomidating!! When I walk on campus I get the "good" feeling you to have when you go to your child's school! They take great care of my child!!!

I have a parent at this school and member of the PTA and have never seen a school this strong. Our scores are very high and the teachers are awesome. They go above and beyond to help each child achieve the very best. There is so much parent involvement as well. With these two combinations, the school will continue to excel.

Our child is graduating from 5th grade this year. Her personal experience at Wilson has mostly been very good, and she's gotten a great start to her education. Her teachers have been enthusiastic and effective, and they all seem to want to teach and enjoy teaching. We and our child have liked all of her teachers and would grade them at a B+ to A. Our child's own teachers have communicated well enough. The principal is accessible, energetic, tries to be proactive, and listens to the parents. The school handles discipline well. The parent who posted a complaint below about the principal "yelling" at kids for coming too early has a legitimate personal problem, but it's not fair to blame the school or the principal. The school makes an issue of it because there is nobody at school to look after the kids before 8 AM. Technically the parents are illegally abandoning their children if they drop them off before 8. If parents need schools to babysit before 8 AM they need to address the problem at the school district level so somebody can be paid to open the school early. Overall we wouldn't hesitate to recommend this school to our friends' kids.

Wilson is a good school. But it would be a great school if teachers did a better job of communicating with parents. Doing so would allow me to better support my child and the class lesson. I am concerned about the principal. She yells entirely too much at kids for getting to school "too early." She should be more proactive to accommodate parents that have to work, and therefore have to drop their kids off 5-15 minutes before 8:00 am. That would also help relieve some of the morning traffic congestion.

My daughter graduated from Wilson 2 years ago. Now my son is a first grader at Wilson. Love the school and the teachers and the principal. They all really great and loving. The best school in Sn Gabriel.

My son and daughter have attended Wilson since Kindergarten. My daughter will be a fifth grader next year, while my son will be starting 2nd grade. We love this school. I am so glad that we chose to have our children go to Wilson. They enjoy going to school every day, and are disappointed when they miss a day. The teachers are excellent. They have so much passion and commitment to all the children that attends the school. Wilson has one of the strongest principal in all of SGUSD. Her exemplary leadership skills and commitment to the students has lead to Wilson being recognized as one of the California Distinguished School for 2010. The strength of Wilson s PTA has minimized the impact of the California Budget cuts. I am a proud Wilson parent. Go Wildcats!

My son loves Wilson Elementary. He's a 1st grader and loves to read. I thank Wilson for instilling that passion in him. He has read 6 Magic Tree House Chapter books in the last 3 weeks. Nothing makes me prouder than to see him curled up in the corner with a book - and the TV is off! The Options Onsite is the best I've seen, very caring safe environment.

Good School! Great Teacher! Nice environment and Kids enjoy their activities.

Excellent quiet location, love the after-school programs for kids including Chess Club, Acting, Cheer. Options Surround Care is on campus and has the best staff in the San Gabriel Valley. This school is definitely a hidden gem.

Last modified Wilson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.