Posted May 02, 2012
I am a graduate of Mission Elementary and believe my education there was of quality. I am now an elementary school teacher (and have been for the past 10 years) so I know that all schools have positive and negative aspects. The quality of a Catholic education and the preparation for higher education were great. The only aspect that I found inadequate was the lack of teaching of critical thinking skills.

Posted October 11, 2011
Great School! As a current parent at SGME, I am insulted by the last post. It is unfair to claim that all the children at SGME are bad influences when your problem might have been with a select few. My children are not perfect but they certainly are not bad influences.

San Gabriel Mission Elementary School 1

Posted October 07, 2011
i did not enjoy this school at all...dont send your kids here, the kids are a very bad influence.

Posted September 28, 2011
I love San Gabriel Mission Elementary School, I enrolled both my 2 girls there this year & I am proud to say the school not only been taking good care of my daughter's education & they also taught excellent Catholic values. Especially my younger daughter, it is really hard to make her sit still & pay attention while learning but since she started this school I see the changes,she starts getting more interested to learn her alphbet & also know how to write her name.I think I am really gladful that I made the right choice enrolled both my daughters there. :)

Posted July 22, 2011
This School Is The Very Best. I Am A Recent Graduate, And I Feel That This School Has Prepared Me For High School. They Are Very Orgainzed. The Students Have A Very Strong Bond. They Welcome New Students Very Nicely. The Lunch Program Is Wonderful, The Workers Are Super Friendly. The Teachers Are Very Sweet. They Help The Students Who Need Extra Help, By Having A Tutoring Session At Least Once A Week. The Classes Are Not That Big So The Students Have More 'One On One' Time With The Teachers. The School Could Improve On Little Things Like Having P.E. At Least Once A Day, But Other Than That, Its Perfect. I Attended This School Since I Was In First Grade, And It Has Been Wonderful. The Sports Teams Are Great, & The Coaches Are Very Friendly And Helpful, They Work With Each Individual Participant To Help Them Become The Very Best. I Would Reccomend This School To Anyone That Has A Child Who Is Struggling, Or To Anyone Who Wants Their Child To Progress To Their Very Best. Keep It Up Mission!

Posted September 21, 2009

Posted August 07, 2009
To the parent of the Feb. 2 posting: I was wondering if you have bothered to join any of the fundraising committees? School improvements cost money, so if your willing donates funds, I am sure the school would welcome it. As far as the teacher s attire, well I guess I can see where your values and priorities are. True the teachers are not Abercrombie models; however most of the teachers are caring professionals who have been there for years. I am a parent going on 13 years, most of the kids are great, I know the families and I love the fact that education in this school is challenging. PTA meetings are long but there is much information given. I have been to these meeting and on occasion there are people who try to take over by giving suggestions that are not appropriate for a Catholic school. As far as your statement, of No fine arts or computer classes I wonder if you child really attends this school, there is a art program given 3 times a week, music classes are 2 to 3 times a week. Computer classes are twice a week.

San Gabriel Mission Elementary School 3

Posted August 04, 2009
The academics are good but P.E. could should be everyday.

San Gabriel Mission Elementary School 0

Posted May 21, 2009
The is a very good school. My daughter has always been very shy and quiet. But SGME brings the best out of her personality!

Posted September 17, 2008

San Gabriel Mission Elementary School
416 South Mission Drive, San Gabriel, CA  91776
Last modified San Gabriel Mission Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
San Gabriel Mission Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top