School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

San Gabriel Christian offers a quality education that gives students a foundation in Christ and cares for individual student needs. Because of the support of San Gabriel Community Church the school is able to offer this at a price below that of comparable schools. Our full music, art, physical education, library and resource room programs give students many opportunities to explore their gifts. Our Rosetta Stone language learning lab allows students to choose from 25 languages that they wish to study. In addition to academic support programs, the school also offers advanced classes to meet student needs on both ends of the spectrum. The school is ethnically diverse in both its faculty and student body. We believe that education is a partnership between parents and the school and desire to include them in the educational process. Come and see for yourself!
January 22, 2013

Posted June 07, 2014
horrible there has bee lotsof bullying and the principles and teachers seem to care less! very extremist in religion and discriminating to non asian students. my childis very behind on the normal school education. my child comes home every night crying and wishing they went to another school. i regretted sending my child to this school. the old principle was bad and so is the new one, but frankly the new principle hands out candy to children and basically bribes them to like him. they are getting rid of the three greatest teachers this year and if you dont go to the church you are second class. the yard aids need a child treatment class right away. too much homework not enough learning. my child is two years behind and in "advanced" classes.

Posted February 26, 2014
This school has been outstanding for many years. The administration has changed and I can no longer recommend the school. Quality of teachers is quickly diminishing and school climate is changing. If you don't attend the church, you are a second class citizen. There is a lot of hypocrisy and dishonesty from administration.

Posted February 18, 2014
All three of my children attended this school. It was the best school for a Christ centered education. My last child attended most recently and I was very satisfied with the loving teachers, teacher student ratio and the academics. I would definitely do it again. The school has a new principal this year and there have been some changes, but the one thing that never changes is the Bible as a foundation for living a Christ centered life. For what does a man profit if he should gain the whole world and lose his life? (Matthew 16:26) As parents we have to ask ourselves: What is the real priority in sending our children to be educated outside of the home? Additional questions to ask, who is the educator, what is their life's testimony, will my child feel loved, encouraged? Oh yes, and with that foundation, and your parent involvement, your child will be right where he/she belongs. Best wishes.

Posted June 21, 2013
I deeply regret it when I registered my son in this mediocre school. Their Math, Science and English teachers are incompetent. I have to paid a lot of money for summer school in another place for him to be ready for his freshman year in HS. They are behind 2 years from public schools. shame on them

Posted March 11, 2013
This school really is a gem! One of its strongest asset is the principal. Her spirit of love for students and care for families pervades the campus. In addition, she has all the skills needed to create an educational program that is challenging and focused on student needs. I have been at other schools and this is a combination that is difficult to find these days! Highly recommend!

Posted February 27, 2013
I have two children at SGCS and am very impressed not only by the academic atmosphere but also by the caring and dedicated teachers and staff. The principal truly does know everyone by name! The environment is warm, inviting, and inclusive. My husband and I searched carefully for a school as academic achievement is of high importance to us. After applying to top tier private schools in the Pasadena area (secular and religious) and having our child (had only one then) accepted by all, we chose SGCS and have not regretted it for one second. Each child is seen as an individual and encouraged to reach acedemic goals and be their very best- character formation is also a focus- teachers are caring, sensitive, yet firm and consistent in their discipline, providing an optimal environment for learning and personal growth. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Posted January 22, 2013
This school meets all the qualifications for a great school. It has excellent teachers, two-thirds of whom have Master degrees. All are credentialed and have additional training in Bible education. The school has received accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and from the Association of Christian Schools International affirming its high quality educational program and leadership. In addition the school has strong support from its families that return year after year. The graduation rate of students from eighth grade who started in Kindergarten is very high as compared to other private schools. There is a culture of care and concern on the campus combined with training children in respect and self control.

Posted July 08, 2012
This school has become nothing but an overall disappointment. Please save your money and put your child or children in another school. Both of my children attended San Gabriel Christian and I had pulled them out and I m happy with this decision. The teachers were difficult to communicate with at times. You only get quality education depending on which teacher you have. It s very inconsistent. One teacher gave weekly homework and then expected the parents to practically teach them for example, Site Words, Math, Bible Memory etc. This did not include more Math homework, Book Reports and Language Arts packets for homework. Their after-school care has teachers that are very caring towards your children, but unfortunately they don't focus on homework much with very little help to finish it appropriately. I felt sorry for the children who had fulltime working parents who picked their children up at 6:00 p.m. Those parents spent many hours doing homework after school and barely had time for their children to do anything else. This is not a school for two parents who work fulltime.

Posted February 19, 2012
I have to say that my experience at SGCS was LOW quality. The education and the student quality are terrible. Please don't send your child to SGCS. Even some of the teachers are biased and discriminatory (and remember...this is a CHRISTIAN school). Contradictions are written all over the place for a school like this to be called a 'Christian' school.

Posted January 07, 2012
SGCS offers a attentive teachers who teach a challenging curriculum. The principal is wonderful, and makes herself available to families. She seems to know everyone's name by heart somehow! When you walk onto the campus you are greeted by a warm, caring staff. It's comforting to know your child is in a place so loving. I wouldn't choose any other school for my child.

San Gabriel Christian