School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

San Gabriel Christian offers a quality education that gives students a foundation in Christ and cares for individual student needs. Because of the support of San Gabriel Community Church the school is able to offer this at a price below that of comparable schools. Our full music, art, physical education, library and resource room programs give students many opportunities to explore their gifts. Our Rosetta Stone language learning lab allows students to choose from 25 languages that they wish to study. In addition to academic support programs, the school also offers advanced classes to meet student needs on both ends of the spectrum. The school is ethnically diverse in both its faculty and student body. We believe that education is a partnership between parents and the school and desire to include them in the educational process. Come and see for yourself!
January 22, 2013

Posted March 10, 2015
My son has been attending SGCS since 1st grade and he is now in 5th grade and we are so pleased with the school. When we started at SGCS the enrollment was about double what it is now, which meant class sizes were larger. The enrollment has decreased, which has led to smaller class sizes, which I believe is so beneficial and a big in factor in why we are going to SGCS. My son is doing very well academically (we feel he is being academically challenged) and we love the Christian aspect of the school. My son loves SGCS and so do we.

Posted February 14, 2015
I wanted my child to be treated like an individual, I wanted his talents recognized. I wanted my child to be accepted and learn acceptance. I wanted his grades to show how smart he is. With San Gabriel Christian school he got all that and more. I cannot praise this school enough The class size is small, the curriculum is current, religion is taught and all denominations are welcome. The technology used in classrooms and the library is up-to date. We came from a public school and are so happy we made the switch!!

Posted February 09, 2015
We have been at this school for 6 years. Yes, the school has gone through some changes, but after reading some reviews, I felt the need to defend some unchanging, good qualities about SGCS! Perhaps the religion seems extreme, but from a perspective where there is a true God, defined in the Bible, I have absolutely appreciated the fact this school has chosen to honor Him and His Word, through the curriculum and the teaching, in and out of the classroom. I am not a part of the church, but I never felt like a 2nd class citizen. With respect to the new/old principles, whose personalities are very different, both have shown strength and character I am proud of for our school. I am most impressed with the heart of our teachers - having the passion to teach and the heart for God and students. My children couldn't be more different, but all of their teachers have taught the tangibles and the intangibles well. I also love the other areas the school offers-art, music, library, sports... and the staff is great too! If things continue as they are, when we leave this school, I know we will not be looking back wishing we had been anywhere else.

Posted February 07, 2015
My daughter and son have been attending this school since 1st grade and now they are in 6th and 3rd respectively. To date, there hasn't been a teacher they haven't loved and felt loved by. It is a safe and warm environment that I felt the first day I took a tour on the campus until now. All the staff are like family, and I can't wait for my third child to start this Fall. My daughter loves to play drums, perform in drama, sing in the choir and play in team sports, volleyball and basketball. Also, they have made friends that, I believe, will be theirs for life!

Posted February 07, 2015
My daughter is now in Jr. High at SGCS and loves it. She transferred from a GATE program in a very high performing public school and finds the curriculum at SGCS interesting, challenging and engaging. The students are supportive of each other and the teachers are wonderful. They care about the students and are enthusiastic about teaching. High standards are set for behavior and academics in a loving and positive environment. Students are encouraged to be and do their best in all they do. We do not attend the church and definitely do not feel that this matters. My daughter was welcomed immediately into the school by staff and students alike. It says a lot for the program and character of a school when new students are welcomed so warmly. SGCS is a great place to learn and grow!

Posted June 07, 2014
horrible there has bee lotsof bullying and the principles and teachers seem to care less! very extremist in religion and discriminating to non asian students. my childis very behind on the normal school education. my child comes home every night crying and wishing they went to another school. i regretted sending my child to this school. the old principle was bad and so is the new one, but frankly the new principle hands out candy to children and basically bribes them to like him. they are getting rid of the three greatest teachers this year and if you dont go to the church you are second class. the yard aids need a child treatment class right away. too much homework not enough learning. my child is two years behind and in "advanced" classes.
7 people found this helpful

Posted February 26, 2014
This school has been outstanding for many years. The administration has changed and I can no longer recommend the school. Quality of teachers is quickly diminishing and school climate is changing. If you don't attend the church, you are a second class citizen. There is a lot of hypocrisy and dishonesty from administration.
6 people found this helpful

Posted February 18, 2014
All three of my children attended this school. It was the best school for a Christ centered education. My last child attended most recently and I was very satisfied with the loving teachers, teacher student ratio and the academics. I would definitely do it again. The school has a new principal this year and there have been some changes, but the one thing that never changes is the Bible as a foundation for living a Christ centered life. For what does a man profit if he should gain the whole world and lose his life? (Matthew 16:26) As parents we have to ask ourselves: What is the real priority in sending our children to be educated outside of the home? Additional questions to ask, who is the educator, what is their life's testimony, will my child feel loved, encouraged? Oh yes, and with that foundation, and your parent involvement, your child will be right where he/she belongs. Best wishes.

Posted June 21, 2013
I deeply regret it when I registered my son in this mediocre school. Their Math, Science and English teachers are incompetent. I have to paid a lot of money for summer school in another place for him to be ready for his freshman year in HS. They are behind 2 years from public schools. shame on them

Posted March 11, 2013
This school really is a gem! One of its strongest asset is the principal. Her spirit of love for students and care for families pervades the campus. In addition, she has all the skills needed to create an educational program that is challenging and focused on student needs. I have been at other schools and this is a combination that is difficult to find these days! Highly recommend!

San Gabriel Christian