No rating

St. Hyacinth Academy

Private | K-8 | 204 students

Living in San Jacinto

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $115,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $900.

Posted December 11, 2012

I am a retired Public School teacher, three of my grandchildren attend St.Hycinth's Academy and I have been very pleased with the excellent education they have received. The curriculum is rigorous and well taught to the students, the teachers excellent, homework appropriate for the grade level and expectations, the religious community is an additional benefit, in keeping with the stated mission statement of the school. My grandchildren like to go to school, have made good friends in a safe environment, and their parents are very pleased with the school. The principal is compassionate yet strict, I appreciate her professionalism. I only wish the education extended on through High School. God bless all who have a calling to education our children.

Posted May 31, 2010

This is my second tour at St. Hyacinth Academy. My first child graduated from here, went on to attend Notre Dame and now attends a private university. My second child currently attend here and I enjoy every moment of it. I have to say the experience is what you make of it, over the years of meeting and speaking with others parents I found the ones that have complaints are the ones least involved. Not just with the the staff,curriculum and facility, but with their childes involvement. I commend the other parents that go beyond merely paying tuition and dropping off and picking up their children. Setting aside the daily time for home work and review, even if it means missing a social event,practice or game.

Posted November 2, 2009

Love this school. This is our Son's first year at this school and so far, we love it. Teachers are great and the atmosphere is wonderful.

Posted October 25, 2009

My children have attended since 2004. After reading through the comments, I do agree with most of them. Such as, requirying teaching staff to have teaching degrees-no matter how long they have already been teaching here, the homework in the older grades(4-8) is very excessive and discouraging children from the love of learning as well as the love of there school, that teachers do need to use the time in class more effectively and stop sending home the class work as well as homework(we pay for the best education a school can provide, not to home school our children), the school is not as clean as it should be(maybe this can be contributed to all the night time church activities/groups that use the classrooms and campus regularly?), and morning time parking can be a hassle with children crossing in front of you as well as parents.

Posted July 28, 2009

Great school! The staff is great. They keep parents well informed at all times.

Posted May 7, 2009

My child attended this school from 2nd to 4th grade and she loved it. This is a great school given the alternatives around San Jacinto/Hemet. Teachers do their job, are very respectful but could do a better job of being more approachable. Being a non catholic and in fact not so religious, I can say we were never made to feel out of place, and religion is taught but not imposed upon the children. Really wish the Principal was more approachable, as she is a great person. I agree that teachers load up the kids with homework. My child had hardly any time for anything else between one after school activity and homework. That said, I recommend this school if your goal is to have your child in a safe, disciplined, highly academic environment. Definitely beats the other private schools around.

Posted February 17, 2009

teachers pay attention to each student's weakness and strength and always follow up on parents.

Posted September 27, 2008

Our child has been at St. Hyacinth since 2005. We couldn't be more pleased & thankful for the caring staff, principal & other parents, this is a family unit with a wonderful curriculum. Recently due to our personal finances we had to enroll our child into puplic school, 1-mo. went by with no interest from the teacher & principal. Yes, our child is now back at the Academy & we will find a way financally-this school is that important to us where no child is left behind! PTA is also available for parent suggestions or disapointments. Try saying hello first, chances are that's all it takes.

Posted September 20, 2008

It was the worst school we ever sent our children to. All my children have had a catholic school education and we thought it would continue here when we moved into the area but were very wrong! What a major disappointment!

Posted December 27, 2007

I am a parent & my children have attended since 2001. I have seen the school do some improvements but unfortuneately not enough. There is way to much gossiping among teachers, parents & office admin. I dont think this a good example for the children. The diocese really needs to take a look at the administration closely. & possibly replace the staff with better qualified teachers/principal. Unfortunately, the Hemet/San Jacinto area does not have another catholic school nearby. The homework the children have nightly is in excess! My children dont have time to complete it & are forced to stay up very late. The teachers should use the time in class better & teach them what is needed, instead of sending it all home!

Posted December 12, 2007

This is the only Catholic School nearby so we do not have much of a choice. Considering the selection of schools in the area: Catholic, Christian and public schools, I picked St Hyacinth's. My children have been attending since 2005 and the reason they continue to stay is because of the religious education and values that the school provides. There are still problems with parking, activities and mostly a lack of organization. (See April 11th post) but the school has plans for the future. I am disappointed that the school does not offer sports to a wider range of students and have to fill this need by having my children join city sports programs.

Posted April 11, 2006

As far as the quality of academic programs in this school I can say that I have not been fully impressed. The school as a whole seem to lack the organization I expect to see when it comes to activities, curriculum, parking, children safety, lunch availabilty. I also noticed that courtesy and respect to others is not so strongly practiced. I have overheard quite a few inappropriate comments from teachers themselves within earshot reach of the children. I guess I can say that the school needs to show more formality to gain the respect I've always had with Private Catholic Schools. Not all teachers appear to be approachable especially their Principal. The school grounds are oftentimes dirty. Quite a few safety hazards within the school grounds left unnoticed.

Posted October 26, 2005

We have had five children attend this school from preschol to 8th grade. They are the valleys oldest private school celebrating their 60th anniversary. They are a Catholic School with a strong belief of Christian Values. They have a strong parent and teacher involement such as teacher reports to parents on students progress or needs of improvements in a timely manner. They challenge the student but they also offer help guidance to both students and parents so their child will be succesful.

Posted January 5, 2004

This is a wonderful school with great teachers! I would recommend this school to anyone looking for a good education for there children. The children learn the most important lessons in life, to pray and be a good person! You don't even have to be a Catholic to attend this school.

Asian or Pacific Islander 12% 11%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mrs. Tricia Vesely
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of San Bernardino

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

275 South Victoria Avenue