Posted December 11, 2012
I am a retired Public School teacher, three of my grandchildren attend St.Hycinth's Academy and I have been very pleased with the excellent education they have received. The curriculum is rigorous and well taught to the students, the teachers excellent, homework appropriate for the grade level and expectations, the religious community is an additional benefit, in keeping with the stated mission statement of the school. My grandchildren like to go to school, have made good friends in a safe environment, and their parents are very pleased with the school. The principal is compassionate yet strict, I appreciate her professionalism. I only wish the education extended on through High School. God bless all who have a calling to education our children.

Posted May 31, 2010
This is my second tour at St. Hyacinth Academy. My first child graduated from here, went on to attend Notre Dame and now attends a private university. My second child currently attend here and I enjoy every moment of it. I have to say the experience is what you make of it, over the years of meeting and speaking with others parents I found the ones that have complaints are the ones least involved. Not just with the the staff,curriculum and facility, but with their childes involvement. I commend the other parents that go beyond merely paying tuition and dropping off and picking up their children. Setting aside the daily time for home work and review, even if it means missing a social event,practice or game.

Posted November 02, 2009
Love this school. This is our Son's first year at this school and so far, we love it. Teachers are great and the atmosphere is wonderful.

St. Hyacinth Academy 0

Posted October 25, 2009
My children have attended since 2004. After reading through the comments, I do agree with most of them. Such as, requirying teaching staff to have teaching degrees-no matter how long they have already been teaching here, the homework in the older grades(4-8) is very excessive and discouraging children from the love of learning as well as the love of there school, that teachers do need to use the time in class more effectively and stop sending home the class work as well as homework(we pay for the best education a school can provide, not to home school our children), the school is not as clean as it should be(maybe this can be contributed to all the night time church activities/groups that use the classrooms and campus regularly?), and morning time parking can be a hassle with children crossing in front of you as well as parents.

Posted July 28, 2009
Great school! The staff is great. They keep parents well informed at all times.

Posted May 07, 2009
My child attended this school from 2nd to 4th grade and she loved it. This is a great school given the alternatives around San Jacinto/Hemet. Teachers do their job, are very respectful but could do a better job of being more approachable. Being a non catholic and in fact not so religious, I can say we were never made to feel out of place, and religion is taught but not imposed upon the children. Really wish the Principal was more approachable, as she is a great person. I agree that teachers load up the kids with homework. My child had hardly any time for anything else between one after school activity and homework. That said, I recommend this school if your goal is to have your child in a safe, disciplined, highly academic environment. Definitely beats the other private schools around.

Posted February 17, 2009
teachers pay attention to each student's weakness and strength and always follow up on parents.

Posted September 27, 2008
Our child has been at St. Hyacinth since 2005. We couldn't be more pleased & thankful for the caring staff, principal & other parents, this is a family unit with a wonderful curriculum. Recently due to our personal finances we had to enroll our child into puplic school, 1-mo. went by with no interest from the teacher & principal. Yes, our child is now back at the Academy & we will find a way financally-this school is that important to us where no child is left behind! PTA is also available for parent suggestions or disapointments. Try saying hello first, chances are that's all it takes.

St. Hyacinth Academy 0

Posted September 20, 2008
It was the worst school we ever sent our children to. All my children have had a catholic school education and we thought it would continue here when we moved into the area but were very wrong! What a major disappointment!

St. Hyacinth Academy 1