San Jose, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted September 13, 2014
Instead of a public school, we chose the Apostles Lutheran School for our child's education due to the excellence in Christ centered education, and closer interaction in classes. We were happy that our child in fact grew in faith, owing to the daily Christ Light and verse/ hymn memory works. We were also very much satisfied with the quality and warm mentoring of all the teachers. Another deciding factor was that the school policy was to issue I20 starting from the 6th grade. We believe that this guideline was made since the school s faith is that it is not until international students reach the 6th grade that they are mature enough to adjust stably as a foreign student. Despite such a distinguishing policy from other schools, we saw a foreign student below the 6th grade struggling with school life. Even now, the admission policy is still listed to be the same as before namely "Apostles will only accept International student applications for grades 6~10". We are surprised because of such discrepancy. If the school policy got changed in between, we believe that the official international admission policy needs to be clearly updated and announced to all parents and teachers.

Apostles Lutheran 0

Posted September 21, 2010
I love Apostles for many reasons. The academics are strong, the teachers are friendly and caring and the campus is safe and inviting.

Apostles Lutheran 2

Posted August 23, 2009

Posted April 07, 2007
I was pleased to find Apostles Lutheran School for my child. The most important factor for me was the administration's (principal,teachers, and pastors) belief that a child should be taught God's word from the Bible and not their version/opinion of the Bible. My child's Christ centered education is very important. In addition, the academics are excellent with test scores being above state averages. The school offers a K1/K2 kindergarten and evaluated my child for the proper class. The teacher is wonderful and is always available for conferences (e-mail or person) to discuss my child's academics, behavior, interaction, or any other issue. The tuition is reasonable for an excellent private school education. A 15 week Bible Class is required for parents with free child care during class time (one day a week). The class should not be an issue for true believers in God. I highly recommend Apostles Lutheran School.

Posted April 05, 2007
As a parent of two children in Apostles since Kindergarten/1st grade, ( one has graduated and is now in high school honors program for math, science, & english, the other is in 7th grade) I'm very pleased with the direction the school has taken since the introduction of the new principal in 2005. There have been improvements in the science & computer programs. All classes (1 thru 8) now have Spanish as a second language as part of the standard curriculum. Parent involvement depends on the parent being willing to get involved. Teachers regularly send out (or post on the school website) weekly notes for the academic & social activities. There are two annual plays done by the K-4th( in the fall) and 5th-8th (in the spring), the music program has grown to include piano & handbells. The before and after school care starts at 6:30AM & closes at 6:00PM

Apostles Lutheran 5

Posted August 24, 2005
Apostles has a high standard of academic excellence. There are musical arts opportunites for students in all grades. Sports are available for students in grades 5-8.

Apostles Lutheran 3

Posted May 20, 2005
Apostles has a Christian based quality cirriculum. most teachers are excellent. My child has learned a great deal on a variety of topics. music, art, sports, drama, and clubs are availible after school. Parent involvement is moderate, it depends on the teachers. some teachers are sensitive to feedback. the current administration has difficulty adressing parent concerns and some teachers want to run thier class independent of feedback and what is best for the class/child. test scores are higher than average. people are friendly and caring. they have an afterschool program for child care which has activites but is not structured.

Apostles Lutheran 3

Posted July 13, 2004
This is a Lutheran School that requires a 15 week bible study before end of students first year. They were very inflexible about this in regards to parents with other children and jobs. I did not send my child back there after Kindergarten.

Apostles Lutheran