Posted September 15, 2014
My son goes here. He is in 7th Grade and has Mrs.Rinde, Mr.Heerdegen, and Ms.Lee. I am overwhelmed by how helpful and dedicated these teachers are. They post all homework online and update their grades and assignments daily. They even do home visits. This is a great school.

Shirakawa (George, Sr.) Elementary School 1

Posted November 12, 2013
My child started out here three years ago and its just been one problem after another. Out of those three years we have had only One great teacher. His first teacher wouldn't always teach in english! Bring her kid to class and it wasn't to "help" out. Now for his thrid year we a ten year teacher who tells kids "you'll be your mothers problem in ten mins." Who doesn't care about her students anymore and just gives them packets of easy "busy work". There a new principal, compared to last one there is NO leadership or involvement. If it wasn't for her front staff the school would fall apart. Those two wonderful at least. Don't send your child here if actually care about what kind of education they are getting.

Posted August 09, 2013
I think you guys should know that this is a really great school. The teachers push the students to succeed while having fun. One of my favorite teachers are Miss Ly. Although people say she's very strict, she can also be fun. People like her make great teachers. A lot of her students get 600s on STAR tests. She works VERY hard.. Months before STAR Tests or any other big tests like benchmarks, she uses her free time to help us study. In the morning, she'd come in early to review for us. During lunch, instead of eating, she'd be helping us review. After school, if you need any help, Miss Ly will always be there for you. Also, Miss Ly is a GREAT teacher. Sure she may give us a lot of homework sometimes, but that's good. I've been having Miss Ly for 5th, 7th and 8th grade. Thanks Miss Ly! We love you and we miss you! There are also other really great teachers out there too. Ms Roberts is very caring and sweet. I had her for 4th grade. :) Actually, all of the teachers are great. Not only the teachers, but the students and principal. The students are VERY welcoming to new students. Best school ever. I'm now a freshman in high school and I miss Shirakawa a lot. haha.

Posted March 27, 2013
I been here since kindergarten I love this school! Staff members, students,more are friendly! Recommended !!!!

Posted December 13, 2012
My two kids had stayed in Challenger School since preschool, then I transferred them to Shirakawa school when they entered 2nd / 3rd grade. my kids love Shirakawa school right away. The school has lots of activities, even field trips. Teachers and principal are very dedicated to their work. School bus drivers and office administrators are very friendly. They have created a fair, safe and encouraging environment for kids. We are very satisfied with this school.

Posted September 11, 2012
This School is rising every year under the guidance of dedicated principal and hardworking teachers. I am glad that my son is going here.The school performance in last CST test has improved a lot which showed their dedication and hard work. This year i am noticing that teachers here are trying to find new and creative ways to teach the children the math and English subjects which according to me is quite commendable. I am particularly impress with their math curriculum and activities. They have well- balanced homework for students. The school encourages parent involvement. I am the parent who is very much involved in my child education. It is very important for every parents to focus on their child education at home and work with them at home, then your child will do well in school. We send our children to school to educate and its we the parent have to mentor them at home. And encourage them to do well in their studies. The onus is not just on teachers only to educate our child but on us too at home.

Shirakawa (George, Sr.) Elementary School 4

Posted September 04, 2012
Can you tell which comments were written by 8th graders who were held to higher standards than they were used to? Don't let a few snotty kids who didn't like their 8th grade teacher be the few reviews you read. I have worked here for 5 years and we have a dedicated staff, a strong principal, and 98% of the students are awesome. Yes, we are understaffed and need more parent involvement, but I would enroll my student here without hesitation.

Shirakawa (George, Sr.) Elementary School 1

Posted June 28, 2012
i've been there for 3 years and oh god it sucked. if your looking for a school with a viarity of kids just turn around and leave.if you go to a diffrent school give your self a pat on the back.kids are mean and some teachers don't give a cracker about kids

Posted September 01, 2011
This school is overall good compares to other Franklin-Mckinely schools in terms of studies,ambience and location wise. What i like most that i am seeing steady improvement in my kid's performance in Maths and Language.The principal and teachers are very approachable too if you have concern relating to your child educational development needs.

Shirakawa (George, Sr.) Elementary School 4

Posted August 05, 2011
My son's teacher was so dedicated to helping him do his very best. The principle helped make this school safe for my son.

Shirakawa (George, Sr.) Elementary School
665 Wool Creek Drive, San Jose, CA  95112
Last modified Shirakawa (George, Sr.) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shirakawa (George, Sr.) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top