Posted May 07, 2014
We have been with Ledesma for 5 years, I have 2 kids currently attending and we have not had any major issues. I love how the school is secluded in a quiet neighborhood. The fact that they have onsite daycare is a big plus for parents who work. What is keeping me from giving the school a full 5 starts is the fact that I signed up for electronic notification a few years ago. To this day, I receive everything electronic AND I still receive paper notification for both kids. I brought it to their attention a few times and gave up when nothing was changed. That is a lot of paper wasted when they constantly ask for donations and help with multiple things, paper being one of them. Overall, my kids have had a good experience at this school.

Posted April 28, 2014
Rita Ledesma School is a great school. I've read the mixed reviews about this school and I guess it's fair to say that it's based on independent experiences. As a mom, and social worker it does dissapoint me that anyone has had a bad experience here. My daughter is a first time Kinder and she has the most wonderful teacher. The principal is very involved and is a very genuine person. She cares about the school and the community. Yes there is a lack of parent involvement but the parents who are involved make attempts to reach out and get everyone involved, who is willing to give a little bit of their time to volunteer. I'm looking forward to the next 6 yrs my daughter will learn and grow from this school. I can't forget the secretary who is the sweetest person and always smiles even when she is having a stressful day....the school nurse is caring and patient. So I say thank you to Ledesma staff for caring about my daughters well being and making her Kindergarden year the best year!

Posted September 12, 2013
This is really great school, especially its location is so good that any parents would feel comfortable keeping their kid in this school. School also focuses more on academics. It is surrounded by good, very safe neighborhood and small hills. No heavy traffic passing by. I heard that school has lots of vacancies (which is rare to see in California) and so they have to get students from other neighborhood to fill up the space. I would really encourage parents to keep their kids in this school and take the advantage of such a good school.

Ledesma (Rita) Elementary School 2

Posted September 12, 2013
The Class size without aides ignores most kids. Ten parents are the only ones involved trying to make up for all the parents who are not involved. Too many students are getting bullied while attention is placed elsewhere by the principle.

Posted March 27, 2013
Both my children attended this school, and they have both gone on to be successful students in middle school and high school. Ledesma provided a great foundation for learning, with classes that are organized to address the levels of individual students.

Ledesma (Rita) Elementary School 3

Posted October 31, 2012
Rita Ledesma Learning is good. The problem with this school are the teachers not checking on their students if some of the students in their class has been bullied they never notice it even if it happens inside their classroom. Secondly some parents are extremely pushing themselves to be close to the teachers just to get & gain some extra special attention to the teacher which i think is not fair for the other students. Parents should let there child do there own work!

Posted September 05, 2012
We just move from cupertino school to ladesma. School n teachers are great. My 2 sons really love the school. Go ladesma!

Posted May 11, 2012
It has an unbeatable location. The safe neighborhood with no passing traffic literally embraces the school. Quiet and calm. No junior/senior high schools / commercial zone are within the neighborhood. So this keeps kids safe from any unnecessary external factors. It is surprising to see big variations in the reviews. The building is relatively new - maybe 13 years old. I went to the info session, and learned about the coursework. The coursework is more focused on the academics. I know some parents want more play time rather than academics - to me, I prefer the emphasis on academics considering the pretty low California performance compared to the national average. One disadvantage I noticed about the school is, it does not have nice big trees that serves as natural shading in the playground. So kids can easily get tanning - if you like.

Posted December 13, 2011
My daughter is now and is in the 6th grade and has been attending Ledesma since kindergarten. She came home on the first day, asking me to teach her addition. Boy, was I surprised. She told me she had found several students much smarter than her and wanted to improve. And so she did. First grade, she learned and memorized multiplication and division. Second grade, it was all fractions and decimals. I couldn't see why she should stay in the same grade. I tried to get her to go into 3rd grade, but she just plain refused. There was another girl, smarter than her still, and to this day, she is still trying to beat that same girl. Both of them, at age 11, are taking algebra 1, although they both know all the way up to geometry. They are straight A students, no, rather straight A+ students. A+ on every subject of their report cards. I think this is the result of a loving atmosphere, that makes them anxious to go to school everyday. Ledesma has made these two girls nearly geniuses. Also the school has a nice setting. Green grass and a good track. Easy to run on, especially during the annual Walk-A-Thon, which is very popular and the follow up carnival the same day. Ledesma is amazing.

Posted June 02, 2011
The new principal of this school Ms. McEntee is very pleasant, professional and nice.She always finds a way to call back the same day or the next day if you leave her a message with any kind of concern. She tries hard to resolve the issue right there and then. This school might have a better future with her leadership than the past principal.

Ledesma (Rita) Elementary School
1001 Schoolhouse Road, San Jose, CA  95138
Last modified Ledesma (Rita) Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ledesma (Rita) Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top