No rating

Willow Vale Christian Children

Private | PK-12

Living in San Jose

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $619,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,590.

Posted October 6, 2010

My two sons love to be there also and my older son has been there for over 3 years now. It's too sad that they are shutting down the 2-5 year-old programs at the end of October 2010, which affects my younger one. Wd'd love to have both of them attend at the same school, so if you know how we can help to keep the preschool-Prekindergarten open, please let us know. Overall, we love the friedndly, super-nice teachers and the academics are good, also, but may need more challenges

Posted May 4, 2010

My Daughter loves it at Willow Vale. The teachers really care about my child and make sure that she succeeds. They have a family feeling to the school that I have never seen in any other school. Everyone knows everyone and they are happy to greet you as I drop off my child. I would recommend this school to anyone!!! Thanks Willow Vale Christian.

Posted September 1, 2009

Willow Vale is a great school. They have an 'old-school' feel to them. Their primary concern is 'child development'. The teachers and the staff provide the kind of nurturing enviorment I want my children to have. The teacher/student ratio is 'Awesome'. They have ample teachers/aids watching the children during recess. They have a way of making all the children feel like they matter and are part of the Willow Vale family. I want all parents to know what a fantastic job the Dean of the school does with disciplining the children. She talks them through their actions and has a way of getting them to see things from a diffrent perpective. My child scored within the 90% SAT For National average. Thanks Willow Vale!

Posted August 19, 2009

My daughter attends Willow Vale and I love it. She is going in to the First grade this year and I plan on keeping her there through High School. The school has a great Christian foundation and incorporates Christianity in to all the subjects. I have seen my daughter grow as a Christian in the time she's been attending Willow Vale and it is amazing. The atmosphere is different than most schools, it's more like a big family. All the children know and look out for one another, from high school to kindergarten. The kids know all the teachers and vise versa. The teachers truly love the children and it's a warm and nuturing environment. The school makes a point to make every child feel special by including everyone in all the school plays and musicals as well as the talent shows. I highly recommend this school.

Posted February 20, 2009

This is a great school. My two daughters have attended WV for the past 2 years. I agree with the other mother statement about having no homework. It drives me crazy. I am told ' we finish it in class'. Okay, then leave that part out! Don't do the homework in class! Just teach them what they need to learn during class and follow up with the homework at home especially because we know what they are stiuding and when they are taught. The good news about the school is the teachers are good teachers and they are strict. The play ground always has several teachers watching the children carefully. And the previous parent comment was no snacks!? That is an untruth. They give snack right after class is out 3:00-3:30 is snack time and it is a nutricious snack. I was happy to know they are remodeling. :)

Posted February 19, 2009

This school is great. My daughter has been going to this school since she was a preschooler. They offer a morning snack and an afternoon snack every day. They are in the beginning stages of adding a new building for more classrooms, and adding a Gymnasium. My child gets homework every night ~ around a half hour. If you shop around you will find that Willow Vale Christian is the best deal in town. The after school sports program is a big plus. The teachers are very loving and caring. I would reccommend this school to anyone!!

Posted January 4, 2009

this school is horrible and very detrimental to your child's developement. I sent my child here for 2 reasons tuition farely reasonable compared to most childcares and because of the christian teaching. They have no clue about child developement which was very hindering to my child the 5 months my child went there. Yes it is a chrisitan school however the school has no clue on dicipling children, They didpline by praying. Ok I understand we pray about things but a 3 year old needs a little more than prayer for them to understand don't bite other children. This is a bring your own lunch preschool with no snacks provided. For some reason my child would come home with a full lunch box and as soon as we got in the car my child would rip open the luch box as if my child was starved all day.

Posted October 1, 2008

My daughter has been going to Willow Vale Christian School since she was 2 1/2 year old. I thankful the staffs for teaching my daughter, she learned alot. The tuition is low compare to other Christian schools, the campus is still need more improvement.

Posted August 16, 2008

Great teachers ,take very good care of the children.Love to recommend to other parents

Posted July 2, 2008

Great School, Great Teachers and a new sports after school program. Would reccommend this school to anyone who is looking to have a safe and Christian environment.

Posted December 3, 2007

Good school - lower cost than most other christian schools. They offer full day childcare and summer programs and they are open (for a fee) during most school shutdowns (christmas, winter, spring breaks)

Ethnicity This school
White 51%
Hispanic 32%
Black 9%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Two or more races 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Methodist
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1730 Curtner Ave