Posted November 19, 2013
Now they changed all the new teacher who are better than before. They are helpful and working well with the students

Ernesto Galarza Elementary School 4

Posted November 19, 2013
Before this school was so bad cause the teachers did not helping the student. Now I can see the teachers are new and they are kind of nice, but the principal is so horrible

Ernesto Galarza Elementary School 4

Posted August 21, 2013
This is our first year here. So far so good. Mrs. Alexander is awesome! Very nice.

Posted February 02, 2013
I am a parent of children that attend Hammer Montessori, but as a very involved parent, I have alot of interaction with the staff that is shared by the schools and through the shared PTA. I also read to one of the Galarza classes. My experiences with the teachers is that they have challenges that other schools don't have due to the demographics as well as a principal that shows little or no respect for the parents, teachers. I am very sad for the teachers and the students. When community building and volunteer coordination has been suggested to tthe principal, it was rejected out of hand.

Posted October 12, 2012
This school is awful. The only reason I gave it two stars are for the unlucky teachers who are stuck there. The principal is awful - rude, unprofessional and only cares about "certain populations" of her school (Hispanic). She treats the kids like inmates and none of them care because they don't like her anyways. There is no parental involvement at all. After last school year they had 9 teachers leave due to working in an awful environment with an awful leader. The kids are nice enough and thanks to the teachers they are ok. Both of my kids hated it and we transferred to a new district which is fantastic. The school is on the campus with Hammer Montessori and those parents are all involved and the principal is much nicer and truly cares. Stay away at all costs.

Posted January 18, 2012
Galarza is a GREAT school. If it wasn't for Galarza, i wouldn't be where i am now. I am the top student of a private school and i am about to go to a private high school. Galaza and its teachers have helped me achieve my goals.

Posted January 18, 2011
Wow. I don't even know where to start. My daughter was sent to this school because our neighborhood school was full. She lasted one day and then we pulled her out. She cried about having to go back. She never cried at her other school. It was a mess over there. If you want your child to attend an understaffed school, with a stressed out kindergarten teacher (I don't blame her, 30 kids and no aides or parent volunteers to help), and rude office staff then send him/her there. And I have yet to get a call telling me my child is not at school (it's been 3 days). Safety is lacking!!

Ernesto Galarza Elementary School 1

Posted September 29, 2010
Part 2: The boys were spoken to and that was it. I was never contacted. At the end of the next day I received an email from the teacher saying that if we had any questions about the incident to contact her. What inciden??? Our daughter was mortified, she couldn't tell us. We contacted the school and it wasn't until the second day that I was able to find out from the Principal. She admitted that she had a note to call but it got the end of the day and went home, then simply forgot to call me! It wasn't until that second day that my daughter was able to actually describe in detail what happend she was so embarrased and ashamed that she didn't want anyone to know. That Principal played a dangerous game with my daughter's emotions, self confidence and faith in the system to help her.

Posted August 16, 2010
This is a great school. I am shocked by the 2 bad comments left below...especially the one that says there is no money for field trips. Save that for the weekend, school should be for learning. We as parents also need to teach our children by taking them on field trips ourselves...or sponsor one for his class if you can. Teachers are great and the Estrelle Daycare helps with ALL the homework that is given. GO GALARZA FOR BEING ONE OF THE TOP SCHOOLS !!

Ernesto Galarza Elementary School 3

Posted October 27, 2009

Ernesto Galarza Elementary School
1610 Bird Avenue, San Jose, CA  95125
Last modified Ernesto Galarza Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ernesto Galarza Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top