Evergreen Valley High School 3

Posted June 25, 2014
This school has substantially improved since last year [which you read about in other people's reviews as I want to get to my points]. There is a lot of great things about the school. However, for introvert and shy kids, it can still be an uncomfortable place. There's over 2,600 kids at this school. People here are friendly, if almost too friendly. Extroversion and loudness is the norm, approaching obnoxious. You can still feel a gap with the rest of the population if you're not comfortable with that kind of environment. I've seen a lot of my introvert friends here become alienated from the whole school. With this, I transferred out to a smaller high school and loved the more intimate, peaceful environment. No one here flaunts about 'how they got a new phone or clothes' or other pretentious stuff. People were more willing to listen to you and also think about the world around us instead of burying oneself in repetitive social activities and academic work (they're both important, but there are times when you need to just step away and focus). In short, if you're shy at any level, a smaller school would be better. For everyone else, EVHS is heaven.

Posted May 21, 2014
This campus is a very beautiful place. This high school has a very welcoming environment and accepts all people. The spirit and livelihood in this community is unbelievable. I have not seen any experiences of bullying or exclusion in this school. For the education, it has extremely high scores and many of its students move onto UCs and other top notch universities. It is an unforgettable experience to be a part of Evergreen Valley High School.

Posted May 14, 2014
2013-2014 was a wonderful year for EVHS in all aspects. The excitement teeming on the first week of school with Welcome Week filled with balloons, pins, and other activities started off the year on point. The class pride and love during Homecoming with the Night Rally, Pep Rally, and class decorations was indescribably crazy. The coming together of many different students to honor the holidays during Winterfest presented such a warm atmosphere. The gym filled with 2000+ students & teachers cheering for their class and our school, all sweaty yet restless to invoke their love, showed just how important EVHS is during Battle of the Classes. In addition to these school-wide pride-inducing events, EVHS has almost a 100 different clubs participating to enrich our school and its people. Renowned for its beautiful diversity, our school campus is rocked everyday by cultural clubs including IDC, LSU, VSU, BSU, Polynesian, etc. The dedication and passion bursting through each student for academics and vigor is truly phenomenal. Our school community comes together to show just how talented and smart each individual is and that is what makes being a Cougar so amazing.

Posted May 03, 2014
EVHS is such an amazing school! I honestly feel like I'm getting the best high school experience at EV, an experience that I can't get anywhere else. EV is so diverse. It has a population of so many unique students, and we get to see all the amazing talents of each student at events like Winterfest, Homecoming, Battle of the Classes, and countless other school events! Our band is always a judge's favorite at every competition, the boy's golf team has only lost 6 games in their entire existence at EV, there are always students attending the national science fairs, our speech and debate team is amazing, and so much more.The Polynesian club and dance groups always perform at school events and at lunch just because they love doing it, our theater performances are always so professionally done, and there are over 80 clubs who enrich the lives of the student body. Our Leadership class does an incredible job of having monthly student weeks, we have at least 4 spirit rallies a semester, and the class spirit AND unity at battle and homecoming is beautiful. EVHS is remarkable, and I am so happy I am able to attend such a rewarding high school. GO COUGARS!

Posted April 30, 2014
I am a senior at EVHS this year and looking back through my years in high school, I have to say that I wouldn't have wanted to go anywhere else. The school spirit here is amazing and EVHS has so many different events to incorporate everyone such as Homecoming, multicultural Winterfest, Battle of the classes, and a lot more. Also, there's been many improvements just in the past year with the new administration that makes it easier for myself and my peers to find resources for our academic needs. I love EVHS and I will miss it deeply. Thank you for being like a second home to me!

Posted April 30, 2014
I really enjoyed my four years being at this school. I have enjoyed every single moment on the campus, surrounded by a community of teachers and students that really care about creating an effective learning environment and fostering growth not only in academics, but also personal growth.

Posted April 30, 2014
As a sophomore at EVHS, I've had the pleasure to spend two wonderful years at this school. My teachers have all been knowledgable about their specific subjects, the environment is friendly, and the opportunities are countless. Our school spirit is pretty much unbeatable. Hosted events such as Homecoming and Winterfest involve every student on campus. We also boast over 60 various clubs and several sports (many of them in A-League). Not to mention, EV has the highest API in the district. I truly look forward to attending school every morning, and I couldn't be prouder to be a Cougar.

Posted April 30, 2014
EVHS is definitely not your ordinary school. It's filled with a diverse group of amazing, talented, unique people. Not only do we rock academically but EVHS is extremely spirited. So before you think about going to this school be prepared for an amazing ride. EVHS has such a broad amount of activities that any student can participate in and attend. We have a Multicultural Winter Fest that is held every year to celebrate all the holidays. We also have Homecoming in which we bring the entire school together and we can't forget it's also to honor FOOTBALL. And lastly the main event is BOTC which is Battle of the Classes. Battle of the Classes is extremely intense and very competitive but it definitely brings the whole school together and showcases what the individual classes are capable of. It's something that is held yearly and is an event many students look forward to! In all honesty, I love EVHS and there isn't any other school id rather be in. The environment itself is so beautiful and the people there are just amazing. There are great teachers, variety of activities to chose from and an overload of SPIRIT!! EVHS has changed my life and I'm looking forward to the next 2 years.

Posted April 29, 2014
EVHS has truly changed. When I first entered EVHS, I heard many negative reviews about the school, naturally making me very scared to come here. Once I started school however, I realized that all of these stories are false. EV is in fact, a wonderful school to be at. Many worry that the teachers are bad, but this is true at every school and also EV compensates for these teachers by having amazing and motivating ones too. For all the years I've been here, I have formed really close bonds with some of my teachers, and they're willing to put in extra time and effort to help you in any way they can, you just have to ask! Another great thing about EV are the numerous event. In 2014, Leadership truly made it a goal to make sure that EV is not only more spirited, but to guarantee the student body that they get the most out of the high school experience. Whether it's Homecoming, Battle of the Classes, or the Multicultural Winterfest, the events held at EV are really great. One if my favorite parts about EV is the clubs. There are so many options for students to choose, ranging from Speech and Debate to Science and Tech, Tennis or sports, or cultural groups like Vietnamese and Indian.

Posted April 29, 2014
I have been at this school for 2 years and I can honestly say that EVHS is a wonderful school and has improved tremendously within the past year. The new admins are very helpful and more interactive with students. School spirit has risen a lot and the students here are full with cougar pride. Although some teachers are weaker at teaching, most of them provide plenty of material and help for the students to succeed. Our school is diverse and we love to embrace it! Winterfest is a cultural festival that we have each year and clubs such as BSU, LSU, VSU, Kababayan etc. add on to the culture. Test scores are the highest in the district and many students go off to amazing universities. We have events such as homecoming and battle of the classes, and it blows people's minds to see how amazing it is. The school is definitely a safe environment and the campus is beautiful. Our sports teams are in top leagues and we have amazing competitors in our math club, robotics, etc. There is so much about EV that I love and I'm positive that many others would agree.

Evergreen Valley High School
3300 Quimby Road, San Jose, CA  95148
Last modified Evergreen Valley High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Evergreen Valley High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 121 reviews.