Posted September 17, 2013
We heard about San Jose Montessori from a parent at Sunny Mont parent participation school. Before sending him to the school we talked to a few parents who had sent their kids there. I had never heard such great reviews about any other school. My son is going there for the second year. The school day and setup is very methodical and organized and aesthetically pleasing. The teachers are very sensitive, very grounded in the montessori philosophy and always have the whole child in mind. This is the only authentic montessori school I have found in South Bay. My son loves going to the school and has developed in all aspects.

Posted January 16, 2013
We found out about San Jose Montessori School through a friend and our son a student there now. It I can't say enough good things about this school! I wasn't necessarily looking for a Montessori preschool, but after attending a parent information meeting I was blown away. It impressed me far more than any other I attended. The methods and materials they use to teach are so clever and multidimensional, yet practical, and absolutely appropriate to the preschool and kindergarten age group. I have observed my son's class several times and I am always struck by how calm the children are and how they busy themselves with their "work". It is an interesting combination of structure and self-directed learning because they are taught specific lessons individually when the teachers feel they are ready, but then they have the freedom to do whatever activities they choose on a given day. The children learn to respect the teachers, the materials they use and the lessons they learn. The teachers also respect the children and honor this tender age. They are patient, insightful and experienced and teach appropriate behavior and manners along with the more academic lessons.

Posted January 08, 2013
My daughter has been going to SJM for about a year and a half. We looked at several other preschools, and discovered that not all Montessori schools are created equal! The classrooms are well laid out with engaging activities and the teachers are loving, experienced and knowledgeable. I'm astonished at how far her reading and writing skills have come. Whenever I ask where she learned something it's always "my teacher showed me!" I would recommend this school to any parent. They are really dedicated to fostering children's creativity and independence through the Montessori method of learning.

Posted January 07, 2013
This is a wonderful place for a true Montessori education. I have 2 children at this school and they are doing great. They are very happy inside the classroom and love all the choices they are given. They love their teachers who are very attentive with the children. They have made great friends and the parents involvement is high. This is a great school.

Posted December 05, 2011
Fabulous Montessori school, true to the Montessori method. All 4 of my children have attended, the older ones who have graduated have been extremely well prepared when moving on to new schools and continue to be above grade level in their academics. Teachers and staff are AMI trained.

San Jose Montessori School
950 Saint Elizabeth Drive, San Jose, CA  95126
Last modified San Jose Montessori School is a Private school that serves grade K
San Jose Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top