San Jose, CA
After care: No

Posted August 20, 2015
Great academics, conscientious staff and strong sports and arts program. Lots of involved families and kids who want a positive experience in junior high.

Posted February 24, 2015
Excellent academics for my two students who came in as honor roll students from two difficult private schools. Two Intel awards in technology and their AMSE program. Blue Ribbon School award. International Space Station program in which students work with the astronauts on the ISS to create experiments and projects for them. The school is tied closely to NASA and the only school globally to have this program. Yvonne Cagle, female astronaut, is one of the board members of Valley Christian's AMSE department. School has an observatory, a state of the art conservatory building, state of the art sports buildings, state of the art technology. Want to learn animation like Pixar animators? This school has the exact technology: MAYA software...want to learn how to use a 3D printing machine? Guess what, this school has it. and a lot more. Gripes usually come from parents or kids who wouldn't do well at any school. Any school is what you make of it and there is NO perfect school out there so if that's what you're looking for, good luck to you!!

Posted September 21, 2013
After completing K-5 at Hillbrook, we've found a wonderful refuge at Valley Christian. The teachers are enthusiastic and experienced and the academics are rigorous, but very well thought out. The conservatory program is world-class, and their science and math program is award-winning for a reason. Also, the system they have to manage homework, attendance and grades is AMAZING for parents to easily stay on top of everything. I couldn't be happier with our choice to attend Valley. It's a beautiful school, with wonderful teachers that care. Take a tour and check it out !!

Posted February 10, 2013
I am currently a student in this school, and I highly recommend it. It conforms to your goals, not making each student a "cookie cutter child" (that is, all the kids are the same). I myself am a bit more academically inclined than in other areas, and thanks to this school, I was able to test up to geometry when I was in seventh grade (which made me very happy).

Posted December 13, 2011
I'm in sixth grade right now, and my parents are sending me to Valley Christian for seventh grade and so on. From the outside, they school looks pleasant and calm. Just the environment I prefer. I keep to myself, with a close group of me and four friends, hating P.E. and loving academics and music. I hear that there are some snobby kids, but I hope that nothing will occur between them and my friends. I'm definitely not athletic, but I don't mind sports. Two of my friends will attend Valley Christian with me, and we are all academic. REALLY. As in VERY MUCH. All our spare time is usually talking and leftover homework though. The three of us were assigned to SAXON in the 1st grade, the other two joining us in 3rd. SAXON is a special program, only available to the top five students in the school. Which means you MUST score perfectly. I wish that at Valley Christian, I can continue my life normally, without any disturbance and that I won't run into teasing or what not. Academics are my top priority, music being the second. At Valley Christian, I hope to bloom more than I ever have.

Posted January 10, 2011
We have two children in the Jr High school and are thrilled with VCJH. The environment is a web of support from teachers and staff alike. The schools wants all children to succeed. There is a plethora of diverse electives to select from each year. The music department is wonderful and very well run. The sports programs offer extremely positive coaching and adhere to a good sportsmanship philosophy. The education is very good and teachers provide a wide variety of projects and learning methods. The use of technology is prevalent. Weekly chapel speakers are inspirational. There is something for every student at this school. Your child will feel supported and cared for at Valley Christian. Your child will be exposed to great role models and high ethical standards.

Valley Christian Junior High School 3

Posted May 11, 2010
Valley Christian does provide an above average social environment. There seems to be very little bullying. Excellent sports, music and performing arts. However the theme at this school is competition. This is where the money and time are spent. It is an environment that values being the best, showy, extremely extroverted. One PE assessment form even requires a teacher to give a student an F in an area if they are introverted. If your child is more academically inclined, introverted or keeps to them selves it is easy to be ignored in this enviroment with few opportunites for the more intellectual student. Most teachers are helpful and friendly and the office staff is the best around!!! Principals are helpful and available. It is too bad the school seems to lack a place for the quiet intellectual, less outgoing kids to thrive.

Valley Christian Junior High School 4

Posted March 13, 2009
I'm currently a student and can tell you that there are many pros and cons to this school. Pros would include excellent teachers, great christian outlooks and amazing programs. Plus all the equipment and buildings look nice and new. Some of the cons would be those few horrible teachers, and the really, really snobby kids. It seems like everyone has designer clothes. Some of the kids here are so spoiled, selfish and ignorant. There are of course other students who are open and friendly, but it seems like the minority.

Valley Christian Junior High School

Posted December 21, 2008
ive been to valley christian ever since 6th grade and to tell you its not that great as it seems. there arent that much kids in the middle school level and they arent very welcoming either.

Posted August 19, 2008
This is a great school for an education that will excel in every aspect of life and learning.

Valley Christian Junior High School
100 Skyway Drive, San Jose, CA  95111
Last modified Valley Christian Junior High School is a Private school that serves grades 6-8
Valley Christian Junior High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top