Posted March 20, 2014
This school is amazing! It is a bright, cheery space. The students are involved in many activities and the school has lots of technology like SmartBoards in every room. My kids love going here and want to participate in all the activities offered--especially Hip-Hop!

Posted October 08, 2013
My kids are transferred to Clark and find Clark to be more challenging in academics. Teachers at Clark tend to teach each subject area more in depth. Clark's kids work harder, get more involved in math (like Math Olympiad), and almost every kid learns one kind of musical instruments. The school is probably under-resourced in staffing and teacher-to-student ratio is not great. However, I think the school is doing a great job in getting the kids to learn a lot. Clark's teachers are over-worked... so be easy on them.

Carolyn A. Clark Elementary School 4

Posted June 19, 2013
I agree up to some point with the last parent review, when she/he said that the school has high scores because parents can afford to pay after school programs, I witnessed it when I asked one of the girls in my daughter's kindergarten class where she had learned to read so fluent, she told me she was in programs after school and like many other kids were. As a stayed home mom I volunteer and supported my daughter the most I could but sometimes I did feel that my daughter was being left behind academically because they have such high expectations on a 5 year old. Her teacher was great though very supportive with her specially because her home language is Spanish she was in a program for few weeks to help her catch up. I have been thinking of moving my daughter to a dual language immersion school but it's hard to decide when this school is very well equipped. Overall I have no complaints, exempt that snacks in kindergarten are brought by parents to share with the class and only certain things that keep my little one hungry; however she learned so much AAnd I'm just thankful to see great teachers caring for our kids.

Carolyn A. Clark Elementary School 1

Posted May 28, 2013
Don't be fooled by the nice houses around this school. This was my son's first year here and just say I've been losing a lot of sleep. Before attending this school my son use to wake up every morning excited to go to school. That has changed completely. Now he asks me is the weekend here yet. He doesn't enjoy going to school like he use to. His teacher is so moody. After talking to numerous parents I've been told not to bring up any concerns you have about your child's teacher. Unless you want your child's teacher to give your child a hard time at school. It's so sad to have parents tell me that. It worries me when I send my son off to school. Living in a more upscale neighborhood you would think the school would be better. Unfortunately these teachers are not held accountable for any of their acts due to the teacher's union. Teachers cannot reprimanded for anything. Teachers are untouchable. The reason why the schools scores high in these affluent areas is that parents can afford to send their kids to after school programs, its not because the teachers here are good teachers. In conclusion don't think just because your paying more for a house the schools are better

Posted September 26, 2012
My son just graduated from the school after staying here for 6 years. Overall, this is wonderful school from academic, to environment, to activities, to teachers caring, to parent involvement, to students themselves. This school is very compatitive to private schools and other great schools in Palo Alto and Cupertino. My son likes the school so much that he doen't allow us to move out Evergreen at all, although some of his friends are in Cupertino and Palo Alto. I recommend parents being more active to the school events, more thinking, more caring, more volunteers, to build better community.

Posted May 02, 2012
First let me say if you do not have a child that goes to this school why are you making these specific comments? It sounds like you are attacking a teacher without all the facts and then ranting about whatever comes into your mind. By the way, the teacher that you have named is one of the best, caring,creative,inspiring people I have ever met.

Posted May 02, 2012
I would like to respond to the review by someone claiming to NOT have children at Clark, yet they seem to have teacher names and THINK they know other details such as a specific incident that might have happened at the school, API importance of the district/school, the amount of homework, and that students at Clark have "suicidal thoughts" due to the pressures put on them by the school. Really?! First, this person must be an unhappy parent that is referencing something to do with their own student, or it is some with an axe to grind for some other reason. If it is an actual parent, how dare you mention a teacher by name and not even talk to them directly, which I really doubt you did, because if you had, you would know the teacher mentioned is NOTHING like what you stated. Very cowardly of you. If your issue is with this teacher, then why are you slamming the entire school/district? The teachers at this school put no more pressure on the students than do the parents. The goal from all involved at this school is to create successful and productive citizens in the local and global communities. How DARE you speak this way of this wonderful teacher and the school/district.

Posted May 10, 2011
I am consistently impressed by the quality of education in this school. Way much better than expected.

Posted April 17, 2010
plenty of parent volunteers, computer equipments, extra curriculum activities, friendly teachers and principle, safe environment,

Posted March 22, 2010
Excellent school. My son started his first grade in this school since the school started. I have 2 kids going to this school. The teachers and parents are very involved with the kids education in this school. The principal has been a great support to this school.

Carolyn A. Clark Elementary School
3701 Rue Mirassou Drive, San Jose, CA  95148
Last modified Carolyn A. Clark Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carolyn A. Clark Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top