Posted May 08, 2013
Wow! This is great school. My daughter is second year at here. First time, she is worry about school rule, and less old friends. One year later, she has more friends. Now, she loves school, and we love it, too. Principal, teachers and staff are wonderful. Teachers teach students carefully, and make kids to understand how to do, and they are happy too. Students understand that studying is very important and help them in the future. If parents want good school for your kids, don t be late. Come this school, you and your kids will be happy now and future, too.

Posted April 05, 2011
Don't judge a book by it's cover! At first glance KIPP Heartwood isn't very impressive. Their campus could use some renovations but KIPP rocks in academics! Both our children attend KIPP Heartwood. Our son is in 5th grade and daughter in 8th. We've found the teachers and administrators to be very hard working and caring. They communicate effectively so you always know how your child is doing. They go through great lengths to make sure every child succeeds. Family is encouraged to participate in school activities and we do! Our children have never been more challenged before and they are doing great! Goes to show, teach them and they will learn no matter where they're from! Other schools could learn a lot from KIPP's model. We are so very grateful that our children are receiving a quality education. Thank you KIPP Heartwood for believing in our East San Jose children!

Posted February 17, 2011
Our son has been enrolled to KIPP since 5th grade and we are extremely please with the school. The principal and teachers are very caring and outstanding motivators. KIPP is voted as one of the best elementary school in the Bay Area and they have awards to prove it. We was so lucky to find KIPP through word of mouth. Our son has excelled in both academic and personal growth. His life and attitude toward school has totally turned around. He look forward to go to school (even the class start at 7:15 am) and strive for his best on a daily basis. We are proud of our son and our school. We gave four thumbs up for KIPP and their mission in educating our children. We are so glad that KIPP has open KIPP San Jose Collegiate so our children can continue their dream for college and beyond. We totally believe in KIPP and fully support their teaching.

Posted January 24, 2011
This is my son's first year as a 6th grader. My son came from a local Catholic School. We had him there mainly for the academics as the choices were limited in our district. The teachers are invested in the kids' growth and are available to take phone calls for homework help in the evenings. The school is very strict but they know how to motivate. They prepare them for college now so there are no surprises. I would highly recomment this school as my son is working hard but very happy!

Posted September 16, 2009
This is the 2nd year my son coming here. It's such a great school with all the best teachers and staffs ,especially the principal; she pushes everyone attaining their best. I admire the very tough discipline the school adhering to. Children need discipline to be good students, then hard work will also turn them into great citizens later in life. I wish other public schools can copy what KIPP does for its students. (KIPP, Heartwood Academy in San Jose)

Posted September 16, 2009
The students are dedicated and really want to better themselves, which is great considering how difficult it can be in the hub of gang activity. The teachers care and the students are on their way to success.

Posted September 15, 2009
This is my daughter's second year at KIPP and we are very pleased with the school. They have very strict rules and high academic standards to enusre kids achieve their best! Thank you to all the teachers and staff for their dedication.

Posted March 14, 2009
I have attended to this school since 5th grade. Over the years, KIPP has taught me not only academics, but character, the values of HEART, and what's ahead of us in the future. The staff and teachers are always there for us when we need it. I know that in the future, I will be looking back saying to myself 'Wow, I'm so glad I went to KIPP'.

KIPP Heartwood Academy 0

Posted December 12, 2008
My daughter goes to kipp and she did better from c's,f's,and d's.now at school her average is a's and b's. kipp is a great school for academics to go higher.it strives you to go to college. Me Duc Ngo

KIPP Heartwood Academy 4

Posted June 16, 2008

KIPP Heartwood Academy
1250 South King Road, San Jose, CA  95122
Last modified KIPP Heartwood Academy is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
KIPP Heartwood Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top