Bad
Good

This school does not deliver what it promises, bilingual students. Less than 20 percent of graduating 8th grade students (k-8) program are proficient in both English and Spanish. The K-3 program follows the model for the most part but it definitely falls apart in the 4th grade. The lack of leadership is the biggest problem, and any comments below glorifying the "Directora" are most certainly posted by her sister and one of her many "compadres" whose children were "randomly" chosen in the lottery system used to gain entrance to this school, despite the fact that they live outside the district boundaries. New principals are in place this year, but not likely many things will change as the old principal's sister now has a position at the school, overseen by the exiting principal who is now at the DO... Many amazing teachers have left the school because of the cliquish environment that exist amongst certain teachers and parents, who make many of the decisions based on the needs of their children, not the children this district and school is responsible to service. Not the worst school, but certainly no where as good as they'd like outsiders to think. They do a great PR job, but when only a handful of students (of about 60) graduate with a bilingual certification, something is not right.

best decision i ever made to change my daughter to this school, love the closeness of the teacher and parent support throughout the year...and learning a second language is ALWAYS a plus.....KUDOS to the parents and staff....

Just don't. Enroll your kids somewhere else. Unless you partake in the East Side politico clique and like kick backs and pat each other's backs. Elia the secretary is nice but rather dense. Pressing matters will be a chore explaining them to her. The new assistant principal is suspension-happy. Gossiping hens run amok. Directora only cares about her paycheck. The teachers? Meh, there were maybe 2-3 amazing ones, but were stuck in that rut. Much disorganization. Too Cesar Chavez oriented. The guy hated his own kind. But I guess that goes with the East Side territory. The parking lot in the afternoons can be pretty unsafe, as parents cut around the ones waiting in their cars, and sometimes decide to stop as well, blocking the path out. Directora does nothing. I have much to stand on. My kids were there seven years. WERE. Don't sugar coat this place.

I have two student s an 8th and 5th grader that currently attend Adelante and have been since Kinder. I am shocked to read the negative review about our Directora. I can assure anyone looking into this school that our Principal AKA Directora is an amazing, warm, hardworking, and dedicated individual with a laser focus on student growth. In terms of not being able participate as a parent coordinator this could be the case because we only have one parent coordinator per grade but every parent has the opportunity to be involved in a great many other capacities. I for one have been a parent coordinator, room parent, School Site Council member, District Advisory Council, and list goes on. Can Adelante improve? Absolutely, we can always improve in all aspects of the school. I'm happy to say our principal has won principal of the year and Adelante this year has won the distinguished Santa Clara County Glen Hoffman award. Interested parents should visit the school for themselves and make their own determination.

Horrible leadership. The directora is so monotone, the students don't even seem like they know her. I don't know about any clicks because I can't tell who's running what. Everything is disorganized. Rarely ever know whats going on. If you don't speak spanish, you're not included in much. This school only respects Mexican culture. The kids can't even celebrate Valentines Day, which is an American tradition. They spend a whole month on Dia De Los Muertos, which is only celebrated in Mexico. The Mexican culture is beautiful, but I brought my kids here to learn spanish, not how to be Mexican. They need new parents to put some enthusiasm back into this school. The morning Apretuda is painfully boring. A lot of promises fell through. Five years ago this was a wonderful diverse school. Not disgruntled, just being honest.

Adelante is one of the most beautiful schools my kids have ever attended. The claims by the disgruntled "parent" posted on 8/29/14 are absolutely untrue. I sought out a position as a Parent Coordinator when my son transferred to the school in October of 3rd grade. He is now in middle school. I did not know or am in no way related to our Directora. Since then, there have been many additions to our group in different grade levels, not just Kinder. As for answers from the office, my calls are picked up about 80% of the time. Like any other school, it is impossible to answer the phone all the time. My son's 2 years in middle school have had 50% of Spanish instruction which might increase this year due to the addition of a full time Spanish teacher. It breaks my heart that a very small group of unhappy people are making false claims about such a beautiful school. I challenge those of you to seek out a leadership role within the school and help make it even better instead of trying to spread false claims. Adelante has far surpassed my expectations of a great school. And I, for one, will continue to seek out opportunities to help improve the school like most Adelante parents.

used to be a great school community but too many cliques among parents. If you aren't the in-crowd don't expect to be invited to serve on any meaningful committee or leadership because they make them lifetime appointments and don't include new families or outside the Directoras circle (example no new Parent coordinators are welcome in any grade except kinder because they never rotate off so no new leadership ever!) Don't ever expect a timely response from the office or even an answer during school hours. Disappointing decline the past 3 years. Too many teachers leave each year and much of upper grades don't do 50% Spanish as advertised!!

Academically I have been satisfied for the most part, the teachers take great pride in their work, and it shows. I expected more of a community feel at this school, but it seems there are certain established groups. That may be attributed to a lack of strong leadership, definitely the downside of the school. Depending on who you are, or who you know, your concerns may go unaddressed for months by administration.

Excellent Spanish Dual Language Immersion School. My children have been with the school since it's inception. The schools API scores continue to rise. The MESA Club won a major bridge competition. The school is still small enough for parents and students to develop sincere relationships. Parents devote hundreds of hours volunteering in the classroom, developing the yearbook, organizing fundraisers, writing grants, and coaching in the athletic program. Our school is doing so well that 25% of the students are inter-district transfers. Both my children scored advanced in language arts on the state standards exam. Adelante is a diamond in the rough.

Great Spanish Dual Immersion program that is a small public school - NOT A CHARTER! My child has been in it since it started 7 years ago, and he speaks and understands Spanish well, and we mainly speak English. Scores are picking up now, just like Prof Marty said, we won't see results until late junior or High School. High parent participation and teachers who care. We aren't perfect, but I wouldn't change it, if I could.

Last modified Adelante Dual Language Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.