Bad
Good

this is the third year that my child attends LUCHA. It's a great school! All the previous & new staff have and are working very hard to make sure that all the students are at or above grade level! If you want your child to receive an education that's going to make him/her a better person in his/her life, then LUCHA is the school of choice for your child. The parent participation is required. That's what has helped the children and the staff to make LUCHA a great school! And although it has gone through many changes (Staff & families) the thriving spirit still remains the same! To teach our children & get them ready for the University they will attend. We are a big family in our community! Estamos Luchando! Soaring higher!!

It is not the parents who are ruining the school because they are only giving more opportunities to the kids.

I am proud to say that I have been sending my child to LUCHA for the past four years, and while the school has definitely been through some changes, the teachers here are extremely hardworking. I truly appreciate the teachers who have stayed at LUCHA through the large turn-over last year, as they have proven to be true dedicated leaders! They go above and beyond the day-to-day to make sure that the needs of all the students in the school are met. I have also had the privalege of getting to know many of the new staff members and find them to be wonderful, motivated, and hard-working individuals. It would be unfair to say this school does not have a completely dedicated staff!!! I praise LUCHA and all those who continue to keep high expectations for our children!

I really took offense to the parent who talked down about L.U.C.H.A. First of all yes the school has gone throught lots of changes but that does not mean it has gone down hill. In fact I believe that the teachers, parents, students and the new principal have really come together with all these changes. I believe it is an excellent school and that anyone who would joing our family would be very lucky.

LUCHA has always been a wonderful place to send our children to. The Parents and families have all worked together to create a real community of people wanting the best for their children. This year we have several parents who are trying very hard to tear everything apart but it will not work beacusea s with all families you fight through the good and the bad and youw ill always come out ahead.

Don't send your kids to LUCHA. This school has gone downhill since the beginning of the school year. The principal is a joke and her assistant is even worse then her. If you want a good education with good teacher's and prinicpals who know what they're doing, think Rocketship!

I was looking for a school with a little more diversity than just 99% hispanic. My son was the only black boy in his grade. He dealt with it. His teacher was awesome and communicated well with us. She also pushed him to excel. At first I was weary of the parent participation, but ended up loving it. The school does a lot of bonding stuff. The one thing I didnt like was at parent meetings, most was in spanish and had to be translated if available. Send your kids here if you want a quality neighborhood school.

My son has been going to LUCHA for 2 years now and it has helped him tremendous! Not only has he approved academically, he has learned respect, compassion and social awareness from LUCHA. The after school program is great! Not only does he get help with his homework, he is able to spend time with his friends. Although I am proud to say that my son will be among the first 5th grade class to graduate from LUCHA, we will miss the teachers and staff! They do really care about the kids. Mr. Smith, Ms. Guerrero, Ms. McGonagle and Ms. Ellie are awesome. We will miss you all!! I know LUCHA will continue to be a great place to learn.Estemos Luchando!

School has full control of their money, and curriculum. The class sizes are 20-1 from K-5. Students enjoy being with their friends and teachers. They teach respect, self governance and accountability, and high achievement. They sing songs and chants of inspiration and announce news daily in the morning. The teachers are committed to ensure that all the kids are at the same level. On a weekly basis, they spend after school working on the homework. The principal has created an environment that every student is a leader who is going on to college.

Last modified Learning In An Urban Community With High Achievement (L.U.C.H.A.) is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.