San Jose, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 08, 2014
My child is currently attending 7th grade and this is by far the most exciting year for my kid as we have transferred from a nearby school to Renaissance after their first trimester. Renaissance offers not only great academic curriculum but also provide after school programs and extra curricular activities where my child has shown interest and a great desire for learning more. Come and see for yourself!

Posted December 20, 2013
Renaissance Academy. We moved our daughter to Renaissance Academy from a nearby Catholic school to foster a better academic background and be in a safer and comfortable environment. My daughter has been bullied for several years at this Catholic school. The principal and faculty members stood silently for years and are in denial that bullying occurs in their school and without making any proper action to the students who are bullies. In addition, the academic standing that my child receives at this catholic school is a joke! They are behind in their academics and the administration focus more into making money than giving a proper education to the students. Renaissance Academy (Fischer) came to the rescue. My daughter has blossomed in her studies and found avenues outside the academic curriculum to apply her musical and artistic talents. Not to mention that Renaissance Academy encourage their students to join clubs that will make your child flourish and look forward to reaching her goals and making her dreams into reality.

Posted August 28, 2013
My son is now a 8th Grader at Renaissance Fisher Campus.. This is his Third year at this school and he LOVES it. The Teachers are Awesome and really care about the kids. Every Student is known by there first and last name. Its like a family. If your student needs help all they have to do is ask a Teacher or go to the office and talk to the principal and they will do what ever it takes. The Students that attend are all great kids and all get along. Us parents are all involved in our kids education and all aspects of there learning experience. I have no complaints at all about Ren, LOVE IT!

Posted October 26, 2012
I moved my child from an excellent neighboring district to Renaissance because of the small schools concept. My daughter graduated from the class of 2009 and continues to excel in a rigorous college prep high school. I believe middle school is where students set their future paths. Going to a traditional middle school with thousands kids, it is difficult to get one-on-one attention. Even with kids that did great in elementary school, many fall by the wayside in middle school. Small schools like Renaissance prevents that from happening. Every student is supported 100% of the time. The other problem with traditional public schools is that it's hit or miss with the quality of teachers - get a good teacher for the year, great! If not, too bad! The entire year is lost for that subject. Not the case at Renaissance. In the end, the teachers and staff make this school! With an API of 850 in this area, they are taking in students from disadvantaged backgrounds and turning them into successful students in 3 years - AMAZING!

Posted February 17, 2012
RENAISSANCE CANNOT BE CLONED! You guys should not open the new school at Mathson middle school campus because there is a high possibility that the Renaissance name will be tainted. Renaissance is special, with the Iwasaki, the Kleinhenz, the Keltner, the Paradee, etc.. Renaissance is a school about being connected. Until now My child (class of 2009) has been proud to wear Renaissance attire in public to show off this wonderful school. Renaissance wouldn't be Renaissance if common physical environments were not present for the various generations of students. Every Renaissance student should know about Ms. Brasil and it would be unfair for the students which have already graduated to take their hard work in establishing a school and a legacy and just spread it to any one who wants in. One has to be lucky to get into this school, and I hope it continues to be that way- or then what would be the point of a small school that is everywhere?

Posted December 29, 2011
This has to be hands down the best school, in the area, that you could ever send your child to. Renaissance has helped me open my eyes to the world around me and has shown me my potential, and I will never have such great teachers. GO HUSKIES!!!

Posted February 16, 2011
Great School... Some of the best teachers I have ever Had. Can't forget to mention Mr. Iwasaki. Highly recommended.

Posted August 24, 2010
This school is the best middle school you can find in the Alum Rock Union Elementary School District, and that is because it is different and willing to take risks. It teaches the students how to go against the rules, and brake them if they go against what they believe in. It is an awesome school where there is an opportunity for empowerment for all! And also, there is so much parent and community involvement, even more than there is at my son's high school.

Posted April 17, 2010
Renaissance is the best. It was a new and different world that helped me with character strengthening. It encourages its scholars to defend what they believe in and come up with reasons to for their stand up. I have not heard of a better school in its district and am really proud to have been a graduate from Renaissance. I will always be a Renaissance Revolutionary and try to make a change in society, THANK YOUR RENAISSANCE!

Renaissance Academy 0

Posted April 14, 2010
I was in the graduating class of '08 and I am pround to say that. This school really improved on my leader ship and presentation skills. When i forst arrived I did not like the school, but by the time i was in 8th grade I adored it. I gotta say thanks to Mr. Iwasaki and Ms. Paradee!! They are great teachers!

Renaissance Academy
1720 Hopkins Drive, San Jose, CA  95122
(408) 928-1950
Last modified Renaissance Academy is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Renaissance Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top