Posted May 20, 2015
I have 4 kids at CCA and have been at the school since it began 4 years ago, after attending 2 other larger christian schools. I can genuinely say that his school has been a tremendous blessing to my family. I have seen my kids thrive and grow SO much. What I love the most, is they are getting discipled and encouraged to walk in the Lord every day. The academics are very strong. Results of the IOWA tests scores - 95% & 94% nationwide the past 2 years! The kids work hard during the day and have very little or often no homework, before they reach the older grades. The teachers are outstanding - consistently showing an enormous amount of commitment, joy and enthusiasm, a gift of teaching, and genuine love for their students and love for the Lord. Even though I was sad to hear 2 teachers that left during this year, in both situations the school let the parents know right away, and I was very encouraged to hear truly gifted teachers stepping in that show a huge passion for these kids, the school, and love for the Lord. This transition has gone well and the kids are doing very well. I have always felt that my kids were safe at school because of the high quality of care and strict safety policies and playground rules enforced. Anytime we've had any concerns we talked to the teacher and the issues were heard and adjustments were made. The administration has always been available, have shown openness to listen and address any concerns. They value the families and go above and beyond to serve them and follow the Lord's way in their leading of the school. The principal has shown a continuous dedication to the school. The vice principal has been a strong support and did a great job while she filled in for the principal when she had her baby. The head of the school, has done an amazing job to consistently hold the vision. There is always such a warm, friendly, professional, and welcoming environment when I walk through the school or call. I honestly feel "at home" while visiting the school! There are many more stories and examples of why I am so thankful for and have been blessed by this school!

Posted May 19, 2015
My daughters attend this school and all I have is compliments. When looking for a school for my girls to attend I wanted it to be a place to learn but most importantly a school that encouraged them to grow into strong Christian women. The staff here do exactly that. My girls come home every week learning new things and are doing exceptionally well academically due to the schools strive for excellence but my favorite thing is when they come home from school and have had some difficulty during the day and they tell me how the teachers and staff have prayed with them. There staff is so encouraging and all truly have a heart for the Lord.

Posted May 16, 2015
We are finishing our first year at CCA with a daughter in 2nd and a daughter in kindergarden. We could not be more happy with our school selection and when re-enrollment time came, we were so excited to have no reservations about continuing at the school. While we believe in the importance of high academic standards, we believe that sending our children to school in a place that they will gain a deep understanding of Jesus Christ while being loved and nurtured is critical. CCA has proven that we can get both in one school. The teachers absolutely love our kids and I can give specific examples beyond them just being nice. The teachers also regularly stretch them academically. The management of conflict between students is admirable. When I raised a concern early in the year about my daughter's feelings being hurt by another student, it was addressed immediately. The girls were able to resolve the issue and I was contacted by the teacher, the principal and another member of the administration to let me know how the issue was handled. Both my daughter, husband and I were very pleased.

Calvary Christian Academy 1

Posted May 06, 2015
I have been very concerned about what is going on at Calvary Christian Academy. -Possible copyright infringement due to recycling of older material- Specifically the Saxon Math Program. -Discharging of BB Guns on school grounds during and after school hours. -Lack of adequate supervision in your after-school care program. -Failure to properly screen teachers and/or inform parents of new teachers. -Fire safety violations - Mrs. McClure (Senior Pastor's Wife) mounted a wardrobe in front of her class room and then completely covered in the class with material, hung lights, tree branches, and other things creating an unsafe atmosphere. -Staffing unqualified teachers, due to an inability to retain staff. They tell parents that they are working towards accreditation when you are interviewing to sign up and then they replace qualified teachers with unqualified ones. Several teachers have left without notice. Parents are often not informed of the changes. -They do not have any full time administration or administration with a degree in education. Principal Mrs. Munguia works only a few days a week. I have serious regrets about sending my child to this school!

Posted February 03, 2014
My son used to hate school before coming here. Now he loves school. The teachers really care about the students and their families. They all go out of their way to help the students achieve the best education.

Posted February 11, 2013
My child has learned so much like almost of the countries of the world, US presidents, and US states.. The academic standards goes beyond what I have ever seen. I was a school teacher long time ago. The students are exposed to classical literature. Amazing academics without the pressure. This classical education method is really neat..and the environment is very caring. And the most important is that they love GOD... I highly recommend this school!!

Posted August 13, 2012
CCA is a school blessed by the Lord! The mission of this Classical Christian school is to help parents create strong followers of Jesus who know their faith, identify what is of the world, and defend their faith. In a rigorous academic environment, they teach students how to do all to His glory!

Calvary Christian Academy

Posted January 26, 2010
ccc is very good school my daughter goes there and she loves it. when she first started she was shy and pre scared, but her teacher showed her that things were going to be ok. from there on shes loving school and cant wait to go the next day. people i recommend this school because the teachers and staff are really loving with the kids and parents. they treat our kids like their own.

Posted March 06, 2008
We love this preschool, staff and teachers! We have been at CCC preschool for the past year and have seen the love, caring & guidence of the teachers in so many ways. Our daughter 'Loves school' and her teachers. We have seen her desire to learn increase dramatically over the past year and we give a lot of that credit to the teachers who love their children and make learning an enjoyable eperience. I have helped out many times in the classroom and I have seen how the teachers incorporate God 1st in all of their activities. The children pray for each other, they learn how to be caring and genuine by example from their teachers. I have recruited a couple of friends & have recommend CCC to all my friends!

Posted October 21, 2006
Readers, Calvary Chapel Christian School is a good one! Both of my children attended it and were very successful. The teachers do put God first and continue to do so!

Calvary Christian Academy
1175 Hillsdale Avenue, San Jose, CA  95118
Last modified Calvary Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Calvary Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top