Posted March 28, 2014
As a recent alumni of Carden, I've found myself very well prepared for high school. My English classes at Carden have helped me to write better essays as well as improved my ability to analyze books. I find myself using the Carden Method to sound out words that I don't know how to pronounce. My history class has left me with a deeper understanding of how history repeats itself over and over again and allows me to grasp the concepts taught in my high school class better. Being able to work at your own pace is great. My french teacher at Carden split the class 3 ways and taught afterschool to ensure that people could work at their own level. Latin helps me with my vocabulary. I can find the meaning of words that I've never heard based on the roots I learned in Latin. In all honestly, have your child shadow to see if the school is right for them.

Posted February 19, 2014
We are in our 2nd year at Carden and couldn't be more pleased. I have 2 children attending and both of them love the school, their teachers, and their friends. This school is well rounded with a strong academic base accompanying a variety of other learning and growth opportunities. The students have PE daily, art classes, music classes, French starting from Pre-K, Latin starting in 5th grade, Computer class starting in 4th grade, many opportunities for public speaking and performance (in the classroom and assemblies), and access to several after school enrichment clubs, many for no extra charge. In some cases, the students also have the opportunity to work ahead of their grade in subjects as appropriate. This allows them to allow them to reach their full personal potential. The school has a real sense of community and already feels like an extended family. I have found everyone there to be extremely warm and welcoming. The children of Carden know how to have fun, they love learning, and they are also extremely polite! Impressive all around.

Posted March 19, 2013
My 2 children have attended Carden Day school . My son attended the school for 6 years , graduated from Carden , was accepted in to all the private high schools he applied to, chose Bellarmine college prep, graduated from Bellarmine, and was admitted to several great colleges with scholarships. He is a Freshman at Santa Clara University with a full academic scholarship, and we owe all his success to the great education he received at Carden. I have been so impressed by the quality of the education , the curriculum , the wonderful teachers, and the caring principal . My daughter is also graduating this year from Carden Day school after attending 10 years ( K1 - 8th) . She has turned in to a confident, outgoing young lady , and is so proud of the great education she has received at Carden Day School . She has been interviewing at several private high schools as part of their admission process, and when asked what is her plan for future, she responses , " with the great education I have received at Carden Day School, I know sky is the limit" . I highly recommend Carden Day school of San Jose, and I am grateful for the wonderful way this school has shaped my children's future

Posted November 12, 2012
We have been at the school for 5 years now, with two kids who are thriving in a small community of students, parents and teachers. Because the school is small, the teachers really know our kids and are able to teach to their strengths and weaknesses. The school instills responsibility by teaching kids study habits, including keeping track of homework and assignments, rather than relying on parents. It's exciting to see our kids so engaged and self motivated. We also love that they are getting a well rounded education that includes PE, French, art and music. As a household with two working parents, we really appreciate the wide array of after-school activities and clubs. A majority of the kids stay after school so our kids prefer to be with their friends, having fun and enjoying extra-curricular activities.

Posted August 08, 2012
My sons have been at Carden for the past 3 years. They are very happy there, take pride in being part of its community, and love to learn and play. As a parent, I appreciate the balanced environment (highly academic and challenging, lots of non-academic activities, instilling respect and gratefulness in our children). I also love that the Parent Association has monthly programs open to all (Fall Festival, Spaghetti Social, Ski Trip, Mother's Day event, and much much more).

Posted June 12, 2012
Carden has been an excellent school for my 11 year old child. My child has now been there for 4 years and has enjoyed growing and learning at Carden. Middle school curriculum is wonderful with strong academic focus on the sciences, math, language arts and Latin. To my surprise, my child loved learning Latin this year. The class ratio is great at Carden letting teachers focus on each and every child in the class. The curriculum is well balanced and gives my child opportunities to engage in other activities besides the academics.

Posted May 09, 2012
Carden has a wonderful elementary school curriculum. The education has a lot of variety and diversity of content and approach and the teachers do not hammer information into the students' heads. My child has been at Carden for the last couple of years now and particularly enjoys the many enrichment activities like field trips, special programs, and plays.

Posted April 30, 2012
I have two of my sons at Carden and they both are very happy there. The class ratio is great and allows for a lot of attention from their teachers. They are also learning French and will learn Latin in later grades. I and my wife, who has experience teaching, are very pleased with the education and environment at Carden and have been recommending it to our friends.

Posted March 27, 2012
Carden is a great school. This is my son's fourth year at Carden and he absolutely loves it. The school personnel are very caring and supportive of the students. They teach the students good values and respect for each other. I like the fact that the school has students from all races and ethnic backgrounds. The academics are excellent and the children get a well-rounded education in contrast with other private schools in the Bay area. My son attended one of these other schools prior to attending Carden.

Carden Day School Of San Jose 1

Posted February 16, 2012
Yes, all the comments from Jan 2011, which were negative have been removed. Even my comment was removed. My son was hit by 2 different students and I requested a written report by the administration for 2 years now but, haven't recieved it. Basically, trying to even deny that it happened. I had to child to therapy becuase of it. The bullying is rampant and teacher/administration have no handle on it or any written guidelines that they would follow. They just wing it and try to hide it under the rug.

Carden Day School Of San Jose
1980 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA  95125
Last modified Carden Day School Of San Jose is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Carden Day School Of San Jose Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews.