1-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

I think that we go by a code of conduct sometimes not followed correctly and lack communication because of power-craving ambition.

A student needs to be evaluated a group of appointed officials next have to make a review for each and every child. I think that there are certain students or student who can not relate socially to the rest of the students who are there and file have been managed and impulsive conflicts occur. The Executive Director needs to come back from New York and take the wheel by doing research and developing a strategy for students who are "stuck" to not fail. I will one day be in charge of that position and will work it wonders because I think that students who attend are not bad but troubled and confused and don't know any better but to get around by impulsivity and become selfish and inconsiderate. I will take every student into consideration of revaluation and will not be stopped by any one to ticket to Jury you are going to prove you do not want to see these children not succeed. We need to stop becoming people who do not feel any responsibility because we don't work there. I am the wolf who steals from the rich to give to the poor. Executive Director, Don

Please don't send your children here! They lock the kids in the padded room without anybody checking on them! Kids are given the hands on treatment when it is unneeded and the staff and teachers have a huge attitude of superiority. One even said she was from "the hood" and didn't care what the parent wanted or said. Wow.

Dont send your kids here , we were walking by and heard a child screaming and crying loudly by a fence to this school , my mom and I looked and saw a teacher twisting a kids arm and throwing him to the ground kicking him , we went into the office but they claimed they are a hands on school which makes no sense , we are filing a police report , i filmed the whole thing

This school is a 1 star and below....The good staff are gone and my son was so devastated that his favorite teachers were gone. I thought this school was going to be our last stop, but I am looking again. His bus ride is finally better since they solved that problem. This school mixes the Aspergers and Ed which they say they do not. They now have a new principal for unknown reasons.They are feeding the students candy to keep them seated. I addressed this and my son told me that it is still happening. They do not abide by the district rules as to no unhealthy food on campus.look into other programs.that do not put hands on the students and restrain to the ground.best of luck. I do not trust any school that has such a big turn around of staff as they do.

Beware this school. My student came home with bruises on his face from being restrained and I didn't even get a phone call--I had to call them and discover he'd been thrown down on the floor and sat on after verbally threatening another child. Principal Greg Zieman explained to me that if they wrote up every time they had to use restraints on the students they would spend their whole time writing--this was his excuse. My student got worse and worse until I pulled him out of there. He is still traumatized by his experiences many months later. They will tell you they know what they're doing. Take a look at their website and see whether you can honestly believe that. Their understanding of autism in particular is very poor--many times they discipline children as behavior problems, even when the children do not understand what is expected of them. To my fellow parents: I know you're desperately looking for answers--but for your child's sake don't accept this terrible solution. The only 'good' thing about this school is that they won't call you to come get your child. They will tell you all is well even if your child is getting restrained every day, and you'll never know it.

Definately poor parent communication. When we enrolled our son, the Newton program claimed to have a Behavior Specialist. He left week 2. Shortly after that, my son started having restraints (which he hadn't needed in 2 years), and sent to a behavior room 3 times, even after numerous calls, emails about the trauma children on the spectrum experience after previous experiences. Withdrew after 4 months via phone calls and emails, noone even called me back or responded (except for their very efficient controller).

Liberal use of seclusion and restraints instead of sound behavior plans. Not a good fit for a child with behavioral problems who needs professional support. Poor parent communication.

Pine Hill School has The Newton Program, which is an amazing program for high functioning autistic children. They really care about the kids, and do everything they can to help these kids with special needs succeed. The Newton Program has won state and international recognition for their program.

The Newton Program @ Pine Hill school is one of the best in the world for children on the high-functioning autistic spectrum. They respect and nuture each child's learning style, unlike the usual special ed classes in public schools. My child has finally developed a 'love of learning', and feels socially accepted. The staff of the Newton Program are outstanding.

Last modified Pine Hill School Second Start Learning D is a Private school that serves grades 1-12