Posted October 03, 2014
Dont send your kids here , we were walking by and heard a child screaming and crying loudly by a fence to this school , my mom and I looked and saw a teacher twisting a kids arm and throwing him to the ground kicking him , we went into the office but they claimed they are a hands on school which makes no sense , we are filing a police report , i filmed the whole thing

Posted December 03, 2012
This school is a 1 star and below....The good staff are gone and my son was so devastated that his favorite teachers were gone. I thought this school was going to be our last stop, but I am looking again. His bus ride is finally better since they solved that problem. This school mixes the Aspergers and Ed which they say they do not. They now have a new principal for unknown reasons.They are feeding the students candy to keep them seated. I addressed this and my son told me that it is still happening. They do not abide by the district rules as to no unhealthy food on campus.look into other programs.that do not put hands on the students and restrain to the ground.best of luck. I do not trust any school that has such a big turn around of staff as they do.

Posted April 04, 2012
Beware this school. My student came home with bruises on his face from being restrained and I didn't even get a phone call--I had to call them and discover he'd been thrown down on the floor and sat on after verbally threatening another child. Principal Greg Zieman explained to me that if they wrote up every time they had to use restraints on the students they would spend their whole time writing--this was his excuse. My student got worse and worse until I pulled him out of there. He is still traumatized by his experiences many months later. They will tell you they know what they're doing. Take a look at their website and see whether you can honestly believe that. Their understanding of autism in particular is very poor--many times they discipline children as behavior problems, even when the children do not understand what is expected of them. To my fellow parents: I know you're desperately looking for answers--but for your child's sake don't accept this terrible solution. The only 'good' thing about this school is that they won't call you to come get your child. They will tell you all is well even if your child is getting restrained every day, and you'll never know it.

Posted April 11, 2011
Definately poor parent communication. When we enrolled our son, the Newton program claimed to have a Behavior Specialist. He left week 2. Shortly after that, my son started having restraints (which he hadn't needed in 2 years), and sent to a behavior room 3 times, even after numerous calls, emails about the trauma children on the spectrum experience after previous experiences. Withdrew after 4 months via phone calls and emails, noone even called me back or responded (except for their very efficient controller).

Pine Hill School Second Start Learning D 0

Posted March 23, 2010
Liberal use of seclusion and restraints instead of sound behavior plans. Not a good fit for a child with behavioral problems who needs professional support. Poor parent communication.

Posted October 03, 2009
Pine Hill School has The Newton Program, which is an amazing program for high functioning autistic children. They really care about the kids, and do everything they can to help these kids with special needs succeed. The Newton Program has won state and international recognition for their program.

Pine Hill School Second Start Learning D 0

Posted October 03, 2009
The Newton Program @ Pine Hill school is one of the best in the world for children on the high-functioning autistic spectrum. They respect and nuture each child's learning style, unlike the usual special ed classes in public schools. My child has finally developed a 'love of learning', and feels socially accepted. The staff of the Newton Program are outstanding.

Posted September 24, 2009
This school is a God Send for Asperger's children. They do not call you to come pick up your child, they understand your child, they teach them academics not just manage their behavior, they do not abuse your child, they do not lock them up. The children WANT to go to school and they actually have friends within the classmates. The classes are small and the adult ratio is good. My child is going to be a productive adult because of what this school has provided for him. GREAT school. As a matter of fact there needs to be scools like this in every state. Thank you ED.

Posted April 23, 2008
I can't say enough about the warm welcome we recieved from Pine Hill's staff and students. It feels like coming home. For the first time in our son's school career he told me he 'had a great day' and he also told me he had 'the best PE class ever'. This from a boy who hates PE. He said he loved 'his math teacher' and shared of several experiences in Social Thinking and Social Studies. The staff not only understands these children's needs but they respect and embrace their differences. Further, the involvement of parents is stellar. They are a group of hard-working, dedicated and involved parents who want the best for their child.

Posted February 08, 2008

Pine Hill School Second Start Learning D
1325 Bouret Drive, San Jose, CA  95118
Last modified Pine Hill School Second Start Learning D is a Private school that serves grades 1-12
Pine Hill School Second Start Learning D Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top