Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

All the teachers I just saw them a big things they give their heart and soul into teaching the kids sake in one on one and you're able to call or text them or come after school or even before school and talk to him so I owe them a big thanks

Amount of homework: Agree

They give packet of homework for English and math and then online for the Learning Lab but it's really not that much it might seem like a lot but it really isn't and it helps them learn moreThey give packet of homework for English and math and then online for the learning lab but it's really not that much it might seem like a lot but it really isn't and it helps them learn more

My son who is a kindergarten at rocketship his writing reading was not really good he did not know any of the letters in the alphabet and couldn't really count past 10 just a few months into the school year he's already known as alphabet he can count to 50 is writing has improved and his reading has improved too. He has made lots and lots of friends and made friends with the teachers too and I know a big things to the school

I had my little brother at Rocketship Mosaic, when he first got there his writing and reading was extremly low for a 2nd grader he was there for 2 year he grew so much that most of the 4th graders had the first 4th grade graduation and were transferred to higher level school that goes from 5th up to 8th grade that was amazing to see him grow so much, my brother inlaw had a little brother in 7th grade and he could not keep up with my brothers homework while currently in 4th grade he just didn't know a thing about his homework and him being a 7th grader. My Daughter currently attends ROcketship Mateo Sheedy for her 2nd year she is now a 1st grader and even though she started advace al she does is keep on growing and growing she ended K with a first grade academic level and amazing test scores I just love the teaching ways of this school and her awesome literacy teacher Ms.Beckman wich she had for Kinder and now 1st grade I'am more the pleased with all her hard work and with all the ecouragement and the time a patience she dedicates to my daughter I can only speak for my self experiece. Thank You so much Ms.Beckman and RMS

My partner and I became guardians of my nephew last year. He came to us after K-3 at Rocketship and then a year at his neighborhood school. I was told by his mother that it was recommended by the administration at Rocketship that she move him to another school. When he came to me last year, he was in 4th grade with a 1st grade reading and math level. He has behavioral problems and was let to sit in the office at Rocketship and not do any work for 4 YEARS. When we were having my nephew evaluated I called the principal and left quite a few messages and she never called me back. Totally not acceptable and totally not accountable. My nephew is a smart kid and we have been able to pull his grades up by 2.5 grades in one year. The moral to this story is unless your child is self motivated and can work independently, do not send them to this school or your child will sit in the classroom and be allowed to not do any work for YEARS with no accountability from Rocketship's administration.

Mi hijo cursa su cuarto a o en Rocketship MS. Comenzo desde Kinder y ahora esta en 3er grado. Aunque en el comienzo hubieron ciertos contratiempos de caracter de personalidad entre maestros, padres y ninos. Hoy por hoy mi hijo llama a Rocketship "my second home'. Sin contar sus maestros de Kinder, los maestros que ha tenido desde primero hasta ahora han sido buenisimos. Son maestros que sirven como 'role model' con sus acciones y no con sus palabras nada mas. Siempre estan disponibles y tienen un genuino interes por ensenar. Aunque son muy jovenes y tal vez no tengan la suficiente experiencia en el carrera de docente, tienen la preparacion y la pasion por ensenar y dejar una huella positiva en la vida de estos pequenos. El ambiente que hoy se vive es dinamico, profesional y energetico.

I'm reviewing our initial experience which includes orientation and 1st 2 weeks of Kinder. Before school began, a Welcome Back Park Day was held to meet/greet new teachers. Orientation can be improved by having a Question/Answer session afterwards. I like that a mock 1st day was held only for Kinders. They have a bathroom only to themselves. No other grades are permitted to use it during school hours. The teacher visited us at our home and is available by email/cell/text. She responds ASAP. Lessons are catered to each child's needs. My child so far loves the teacher and school. Teachers / principal are very involved, communicative and energetic. We are greeted virtually every morning with hi-spirited Good Mornings! Very available to parents' questions. High energy level across the board. Principal shows positive leadership and pride in school. Parent involvement is encouraged. I start next week. I would give this school 5 stars if it had shorter days. Bell schedule is 7:50 to 3:50 for all grades. Minimum days end at 1:50. I'm not sure how creative thinking and innovation is encouraged. I was told this is done through the Enrichment program. I will be exploring this further.

The best experience ever, my girl had speech delay and they want to put her in a special class in public school, I refuse, now she is the student of the month in Mateo Sheedy. I understand many parents wants the kids to be enjoying be at sports have fun, but many at the end are left behind on there education. Mateo Sheedy is hard, but the kids develop so great, and I now my girl in the regular school would not have a chance. The teacher come from Teacher of america association, only the best are there, the came from Stanford, or other great universities, is a great school.

I have to disagree on the negative things that have been said about this school. This is my daughter's first year at Rocketship Mateo Sheedy in Kindergarten. I can't rave enough about how dedicated the teachers are here. It shows that they really care about the kids. The teachers are very available before & after class, via text or cell. The teachers also do homevisits prior to the beginning of the school year to get to know the child and to hear any parent concerns. The school is very strict and gives a lot of homework, but this is to benefit our children. This school does focus on API scores a lot only because they need to constantly be proving themselves to keep the (little funding they receive) funding going. This school is only for parent's who are willing to do put up with all the homework that is given and for parent's who are willing to participate. Great job Rocketship Rocketeers on your API score of 940!

My daughter has been attending Rocketship for 3 years. The first year there were so many things that concerned me but I figured the school was new and they had things to work out. The 2nd year things got a little better and our daughter seemed happy so we let her finish out the year. Her 3rd year which is the year we decided to start looking for a different school made us realize that this is not a school that encourages learning and creative thinking. Rocketship focuses on test scores and test scores only. Literacy and math. All other subjects seem to be irrelevant. Every year the each class puts on a performance either Science or History related but I've yet to see homework packets other than Math or Literacy. We feel that if we pull our child out of Rocketship and place her in a regular public school she will be advanced in Math and Literacy but in all other subjects she would be behind which is really concerning. As far as the staff.....inexperienced. When you meet with the teachers they all seem overwhelmed and very young. My daughter has 2 teachers per day. That's 6 teachers in 3 years and not a single one had more than a couple years of teaching experience.

Last modified Rocketship Mateo Sheedy Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.