PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted January 10, 2016
Champion School is one of a kind. My daughter has been in this school for three years since she was three years of age. This school prides in its academic excellence but our main motivation at enrolling her then was that we felt the staff was very caring and compassionate which was very important for us at that age. My daughter has never complained about the school and she loves the school and the teachers very much. This school is run by a great couple, whose teaching mechanism is excellent. They pay very close attention to kids and give lot of 1 on 1 attention to any kids who need it. The kids are also provided with treats for reading or participating in any kind of activity during this time. Which is very encouraging for the kids and they start to enjoy this time. The fact I like the most is that after I pick up my daughter from the school I don't have to make her work on her homework. That is what I would expect at this young age. They also teach by accessing each individual kid’s caliber, if your kid is capable of learning more they will help them with it. They have debates, chess club and my daughter enjoys the PE classes which includes soccer and other sports. They also do performance and recently I got to see a wonderful and heartwarming performance by kindergarteners, a musical show based on ‘Annie’. This school was recommended by one of the families who send both their kids here and have been very pleased with the school. I truly believe that this school is worth a shot if you are considering a private school.

Posted October 02, 2015
We have two kids going to Champion school for two years now. Ansh started in Kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade while Khushi started in Preschool and is now in Kindergarten. Below is a list of things that we love about the school. 1) Principle and teachers: We have seen all teachers love the kids and look out for the best in all kids. Studies, being independent, sports, drama, music you name it the teachers know the kids, their likes and dislikes and really encourage kids. Each classroom that our kids have been to has had primary teacher(s) and then different teachers for 1:1 time with students and special topics such as history or PE. Our kids love their teachers. Principle at the school knows every kid personally and takes kids growth very seriously. She is constantly among the kids working with them. Having her overseeing everything makes the school awesome. 2). Curriculum: School has super curriculum very advanced for kids ages. Our kindergartener is doing multiplications and cursive writing. She has already been part of several music performances as well. Our 2nd graders loves history and science. His math includes fractions and variable equations. Despite this kids do not feel overwhelmed. When our son was learning divisions in 1st grade I asked him if he could do it. His answer was "Well I am not very good at it yet, but we just started learning, in two weeks I will be good" !! Both kids also love having 45 minutes for PE each day where they learn soccer and basketball. 3). 1:1 attention: This is unique to Champion. The school offers each kid 1:1 attention often even after school hours at no extra cost. Our son has had ton of 1:1 time for math and science while our daughter has had large number of 1:1s for reading. The approach of the school is to say if the kid is ahead of others they should get 1:1 attention to keep moving ahead and if kid is behind they should get 1:1s to help them catchup. 4). Homework and parent involvement: Even our 2nd grader only gets 1 page of history homework per week. That leaves him lot of time at home to do all sorts of fun extra activities proposed by school such as book reading contest for pizza party, essay writing, speech and debate contest, and musical drama practice. Overall we are very satisfied with Champion and highly recommend the school.

Champion School
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 25, 2015
Teachers and principle work a lot with the students to ensure the students work independently. The school encourages self expression and individualism and not competition. Kids in the class see themselves as group rather than individuals competing against each other. This fosters more open conversations, honest discussions and fairness.

Champion School 4

Posted September 20, 2015
Our son has been going to Champion School for the last two years, and is now in 2nd grade. The teachers and management at Champion School have surpassed our expectations with their unique approach of imparting education. Their curriculum offers an eclectic blend of theoretical and practical training. This holistic methodology focuses on the personality development of the child right from the very nascent stages of the child’s schooling life. This refreshing approach is in stark contrast to the rote-style education that is so prevalent amongst majority of the more popular private schools in the Bay area (with the possible exception of Harker). What’s unique about this school is that they are able to deliver more with less. That is, our child is able to learn and master advanced concepts of math, science etc. with minimal parental intervention or support (just 15 mins. of homework which our child practically does it all by himself). On top of this, he gets ample physical education time at school where he is trained in soccer under the supervision of a professional coach. He also gets enough opportunities to interact and socialize with other kids. He also gets to watch interesting videos at school that piques his curiosity and leaves an impression on him even when he’s back home. And he gets to develop skills such as public speaking and building science projects. I don’t know how Champion does it - i.e. how are they able to develop so many of the child’s skills while still maintaining high motivation levels amongst children…. but they certainly seem to have got the secret sauce right! If there’s something they can get better at, it’s the administrative aspect. Occasionally we don’t receive notices in time or we have to send a few reminders before we get the necessary information. While this isn’t ideal, it’s more of an annoyance rather than a show-stopper. The good news is that their top management is aware of this shortcoming and appear to be taking active measures to address this. We are hopeful that this will get fixed eventually. Overall we have been thoroughly satisfied with the development of our child at Champion school.

Posted July 15, 2015
I have two kids in champion school. One thing which really important for me was kids do not have lot of home work. Most of the home work was already done at school. Now my son is in high school. He was 2 - 3 years ahead of other school.now he is taking adavance classes in high school. Champion school also introduces debate early on in school, this really helps my son getting in high school debate team. He is actively participating in debate tournament and won most of the tournament . His confidence level has increased greatly in public speaking. My younger son also very good in math and science. I am very satisfied with the school performance and the teacher staff Kazmi family

Posted July 05, 2015
We are extremely happy with this school. We had our older daughter in this school until a couple of years ago, when we moved to public school and last year we enrolled our younger one here. This school is very unique in many ways: Kids get a lot of 1on1 help; there is no limit to how high a child can go - every child progresses at their own pace; lots of teachers, few office staff; very patient with the kids, less so with the parents; great with a child's developmental needs, less so with the clerical stuff.. We are confident that our child will be safe, happy and learn at a rate that is unparalleled. Our older daughter is a topper at her school. We think it is due to the strong foundation that she built at this school. If we could afford it, we would bring her back to Champion. We recommend this school highly.

Posted February 14, 2015
A few years ago I had to quit my job to help my child keep up with school. Champion is the third school my child has attended. Since joining Champion, I have seen a huge improvement both in his academic progress as well as the reduction in the amount of time I must devote to him every evening on studies and homework. One of the keys was the custom program that they created for my child and the amount of extra tutoring that they have been providing him to catch up with other kids. Every one talks about their Math program but I am even more impressed by the rigor of their Language Arts program. Even in subjects such as Science and History, the kids are expected to write detailed, well written answers, which has led to a dramatic improvement in my child's overall writing skills and confidence. There are 4 words that summarize Champion's approach to me: rigorous, holistic, time-saver, liberating. The most important thing is that I no longer have to spend hours each night helping him study. I am even thinking of going back to work.

Champion School 1

Posted February 09, 2015
I was thinking this school was excellent in academics. However it is not. - They artificially keep the Maths and Science curriculum a grade or two above to impress some parents. - The children take the slack in language and arts. Remember, for every minute they spend on one subject, they lose a minute on another subject. - They don't have a well rounded. The school admin was unable to give a concrete curriculum in writing for a first grade. Additionally, the school administration is a nightmare. They get easily offended if you question or give a honest feedback. I also learnt that they teach the children to say "The champion school is the best" to the parents. It was the day I decided to discontinue with this school.

Posted September 11, 2014
Champion is an amazing school with their successful methodology in accelerating their students. My daughter has been in Champion for 3 years and is now in Kindergarden. She is reading like a second grader and has started multiplication! The interesting part is she is having fun doing all the above. I really appreciate the persistence of the school in pulling up the kids believing that every kid has much more potential that it may seem from his or her first few months. Their school management style is unique and is different that other schools. This has troubled me and my wife at start and I know it has had similar effect on others. After sometime seeing the fantastic progress of our daughter we started to trust what they are doing. Champion certainly will benefit moving to more specious facility and also improving their interaction with parents. However, I hope they do not change what they are doing for the kids, having very happy and amazingly advanced students!

Champion School 4

Posted December 03, 2013
Both our kids have been going to Champion for several years now Pros Children are happy & well-adjusted socially Children are years ahead in academics compared to both public & private school peers, without either kids or parents feeling any pressure Staff is caring & involved; principal knows personal progress of each kid PE 5 days/wk & good quality musical programs 2/yr Customer service has improved steadily over last 3 years (accounting, email response, access to principal s office, etc) Cons While school is upfront on what aspects are their strengths & what are not, message comes across with a certain degree of nonchalance. When any parents brings up any issue, rather than being a good listener they tend to get defensive & highlight school strengths School doesn t effectively leverage willing & satisfied parents to be their advocates which could address several issues stated above to a certain extent To grow faster, school needs to do more to attract & retain students, upgrade to bigger campus etc. For us will be a big factor to continuing our kids beyond elementary grades

Champion School