PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (6 responses)

Our son is currently in 8th grade. He started in middle school in Champion. The school has been providing excellent academic foundation. Especially if your kid is interested in math, no other school in bay are comes close this one - amount of time they spend in class, 1-on-1, math tournaments is just amazing. Speech & Debate is another highlight of the school. The school will guide kids to research the topic, build their own case and actively work with them in preparation. Its amazing to see even 5th graders winning middle school championship with their first debating tournament! My son recently appeared for High School Placement Test (HSPT) and managed to get accepted in schools of his choice. Without any additional tutoring, he achieved excellence certificates in both English and Math. I am sure his debating and academic achievements as well school recommendations helped him in a big way. Principal knows each and every kid. I am really touched when Principal cares not only about my 8th grader's academic progress but also his eating and sleeping habits! The school is extension to our family. We have a mixed feelings now, our son is ready for excitement of high school, at the same time he is going to miss out big time on loving and caring set up, he is in. I would highly recommend this school to anyone, thanks.

Our son started Champion school in 6th grade and is currently enrolled in the 8th grade. We were looking for a school with nurturing and supportive environment as well as great academic curriculum. The Champion school has turned out to be exactly what we're looking for in the middle school. The school offers advanced academic curriculum in Math, English, Science and Computer Programming, etc. subjects as well as excellent extra curricular activities such as Speech and Debate and various national Math tournaments. Our son ended up finishing Algebra II by the end of 7th grade. What amazed me about Champion school was the hard work put up by the teachers and school principle to bring out the hidden skills in the students. Our son loved the Speech and Debate program offered by the school and he excelled in the Speech and Debate program by constant encouragement of coaches and also won few trophies at various Speech and Debate competitions held by National Speech and Debate Association. Our son benefited tremendously from the support of school and teachers, teachers offering 1:1s on the regular basis after school to help our son. The 1:1 with teachers are offered at no extra cost. The unique style of teaching, small class size, the advanced curriculum with the minimum daily homework stands Champion school apart from many other schools in bay area. We are very glad that we chose Champion as the middle school for our son and we highly recommend it to anyone looking for school with well-rounded education and great academics.

I rarely post reviews, but I feel compelled as a parent to share my experience at Champion for the benefit of other parents looking for a good school for their young children. As a parent of 4 boys, I have experience with numerous schools, both private and public. Champion is unique in that the academic training that they impart to students is second to none. Plus, they have a philosophy of complete support, so that if a child is struggling in any area, he/she is provided one-on-one tutoring sessions - at no extra cost. Let me provide 2 experiences which directly speak to the high academic standards that Champion maintains and imparts to all its students. My children have been attending Champion for 5 years. Prior to attending Champion, they were all average students. My oldest graduated from Champion (8th grade) in 2012 and enrolled in 9th grade at a public high school - a very good school in Fremont which has an overall rating of 9/10. My son immediately started getting A's in Math and English without even putting much of an effort. The reason for this was that he felt he was repeating much of the material he had already studied at Champion in grades 6 and 7! Last year, my 2nd son joined a highly rated public school in Raleigh-Durham area in NC at 8th grade. Within the first semester, he was on the honor roll and was selected to represent his class at a breakfast with the County Commissioner of Schools! I can say without any reservation that Champion's unique approach to teaching and their rigorous academic standards have had a profound impact on the performance of my children. Thank you , Champion!!

Champion School is one of a kind. My daughter has been in this school for three years since she was three years of age. This school prides in its academic excellence but our main motivation at enrolling her then was that we felt the staff was very caring and compassionate which was very important for us at that age. My daughter has never complained about the school and she loves the school and the teachers very much. This school is run by a great couple, whose teaching mechanism is excellent. They pay very close attention to kids and give lot of 1 on 1 attention to any kids who need it. The kids are also provided with treats for reading or participating in any kind of activity during this time. Which is very encouraging for the kids and they start to enjoy this time. The fact I like the most is that after I pick up my daughter from the school I don't have to make her work on her homework. That is what I would expect at this young age. They also teach by accessing each individual kid’s caliber, if your kid is capable of learning more they will help them with it. They have debates, chess club and my daughter enjoys the PE classes which includes soccer and other sports. They also do performance and recently I got to see a wonderful and heartwarming performance by kindergarteners, a musical show based on ‘Annie’. This school was recommended by one of the families who send both their kids here and have been very pleased with the school. I truly believe that this school is worth a shot if you are considering a private school.

We have two kids going to Champion school for two years now. Ansh started in Kindergarten and is now in 2nd grade while Khushi started in Preschool and is now in Kindergarten. Below is a list of things that we love about the school. 1) Principle and teachers: We have seen all teachers love the kids and look out for the best in all kids. Studies, being independent, sports, drama, music you name it the teachers know the kids, their likes and dislikes and really encourage kids. Each classroom that our kids have been to has had primary teacher(s) and then different teachers for 1:1 time with students and special topics such as history or PE. Our kids love their teachers. Principle at the school knows every kid personally and takes kids growth very seriously. She is constantly among the kids working with them. Having her overseeing everything makes the school awesome. 2). Curriculum: School has super curriculum very advanced for kids ages. Our kindergartener is doing multiplications and cursive writing. She has already been part of several music performances as well. Our 2nd graders loves history and science. His math includes fractions and variable equations. Despite this kids do not feel overwhelmed. When our son was learning divisions in 1st grade I asked him if he could do it. His answer was "Well I am not very good at it yet, but we just started learning, in two weeks I will be good" !! Both kids also love having 45 minutes for PE each day where they learn soccer and basketball. 3). 1:1 attention: This is unique to Champion. The school offers each kid 1:1 attention often even after school hours at no extra cost. Our son has had ton of 1:1 time for math and science while our daughter has had large number of 1:1s for reading. The approach of the school is to say if the kid is ahead of others they should get 1:1 attention to keep moving ahead and if kid is behind they should get 1:1s to help them catchup. 4). Homework and parent involvement: Even our 2nd grader only gets 1 page of history homework per week. That leaves him lot of time at home to do all sorts of fun extra activities proposed by school such as book reading contest for pizza party, essay writing, speech and debate contest, and musical drama practice. Overall we are very satisfied with Champion and highly recommend the school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Teachers and principle work a lot with the students to ensure the students work independently. The school encourages self expression and individualism and not competition. Kids in the class see themselves as group rather than individuals competing against each other. This fosters more open conversations, honest discussions and fairness.

Our son has been going to Champion School for the last two years, and is now in 2nd grade. The teachers and management at Champion School have surpassed our expectations with their unique approach of imparting education. Their curriculum offers an eclectic blend of theoretical and practical training. This holistic methodology focuses on the personality development of the child right from the very nascent stages of the child’s schooling life. This refreshing approach is in stark contrast to the rote-style education that is so prevalent amongst majority of the more popular private schools in the Bay area (with the possible exception of Harker). What’s unique about this school is that they are able to deliver more with less. That is, our child is able to learn and master advanced concepts of math, science etc. with minimal parental intervention or support (just 15 mins. of homework which our child practically does it all by himself). On top of this, he gets ample physical education time at school where he is trained in soccer under the supervision of a professional coach. He also gets enough opportunities to interact and socialize with other kids. He also gets to watch interesting videos at school that piques his curiosity and leaves an impression on him even when he’s back home. And he gets to develop skills such as public speaking and building science projects. I don’t know how Champion does it - i.e. how are they able to develop so many of the child’s skills while still maintaining high motivation levels amongst children…. but they certainly seem to have got the secret sauce right! If there’s something they can get better at, it’s the administrative aspect. Occasionally we don’t receive notices in time or we have to send a few reminders before we get the necessary information. While this isn’t ideal, it’s more of an annoyance rather than a show-stopper. The good news is that their top management is aware of this shortcoming and appear to be taking active measures to address this. We are hopeful that this will get fixed eventually. Overall we have been thoroughly satisfied with the development of our child at Champion school.

I have two kids in champion school. One thing which really important for me was kids do not have lot of home work. Most of the home work was already done at school. Now my son is in high school. He was 2 - 3 years ahead of other school.now he is taking adavance classes in high school. Champion school also introduces debate early on in school, this really helps my son getting in high school debate team. He is actively participating in debate tournament and won most of the tournament . His confidence level has increased greatly in public speaking. My younger son also very good in math and science. I am very satisfied with the school performance and the teacher staff Kazmi family

We are extremely happy with this school. We had our older daughter in this school until a couple of years ago, when we moved to public school and last year we enrolled our younger one here. This school is very unique in many ways: Kids get a lot of 1on1 help; there is no limit to how high a child can go - every child progresses at their own pace; lots of teachers, few office staff; very patient with the kids, less so with the parents; great with a child's developmental needs, less so with the clerical stuff.. We are confident that our child will be safe, happy and learn at a rate that is unparalleled. Our older daughter is a topper at her school. We think it is due to the strong foundation that she built at this school. If we could afford it, we would bring her back to Champion. We recommend this school highly.

A few years ago I had to quit my job to help my child keep up with school. Champion is the third school my child has attended. Since joining Champion, I have seen a huge improvement both in his academic progress as well as the reduction in the amount of time I must devote to him every evening on studies and homework. One of the keys was the custom program that they created for my child and the amount of extra tutoring that they have been providing him to catch up with other kids. Every one talks about their Math program but I am even more impressed by the rigor of their Language Arts program. Even in subjects such as Science and History, the kids are expected to write detailed, well written answers, which has led to a dramatic improvement in my child's overall writing skills and confidence. There are 4 words that summarize Champion's approach to me: rigorous, holistic, time-saver, liberating. The most important thing is that I no longer have to spend hours each night helping him study. I am even thinking of going back to work.

Last modified Champion School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8