Trust Primary School

Private | K-1

Student diversity

Living in San Jose

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $794,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,650.

Sweep tile

Posted August 30, 2012

Teachers: They are nice and caring but under too much unnecessary pressure - a lot of holiday activities and 2 school performances. Teachers and students spend at least 2 full months preparing these. Students don't learn anything during the school performance months and only repeating the 2-3 dances/songs for the 5 min performance. My son told me the whole class got time-out cause they didn't do well on rehearsal. Helpers: Some of them are nice but some are extremely unhappy there. They don't even smile back to you when you say hi. They're not patient to kids. I was worry about my child's safety under their care. Facility: Very old and out of date. No AC nor central heater. Nothing got upgraded in the past two years. A faucet was out of order 2 years ago and it was still broken 2 months ago - that was the last time I visited there. Tuition: The tuition is raised every year. Director: Lack of passion to kids. I never saw her trying to talk to any parents or children. Summery: The Morale is getting low under the poor leadership. All staff is not happy. My child developed behavior problems there and that was why I pulled him out. He has improved a lot under the right care now

Posted June 15, 2011

ecxellent school! it has the best program in the area! the level of education is amazing! i love this school teachers are very nice and also they know all the kids very well they know what to do and i can see that they really love the kids! the academic level is the best! i strongly recomend it!

Posted April 27, 2011

Dear Parents: Before you decided to enroll or visit this school, please contact me and I can tell you why you shouldn't consider this place for children between 2-4 years old. Here are some key concerns & feedback I have gathered from many parents since Nov-09 last year: 1) Teachers lack the passion for what they do (less to zero care attitude) 2) Boring/same teaching materials used every year (children who stay in the same class/teacher more than a year usually feel very sleepy) 3) High ratio 1:12 - teacher to student (children will not get attention from teacher) 4) Inadequate communications with parents about children's development (you have no clue when did your daughter first learned to write ABC) 5) Less focus and observation on children's development progress (No track record or notes available for each kid) Above just to name a few the most common comments I heard from the parents I met in the last 12 months. No Pre-school is perfect but this place has just too many areas where not just improvement is needed but significant changes are required. Not sure how much trust you could get out of this place but if you do trust them, GOOD Luck to your kid!!

Posted April 27, 2011

They are teaching English and Chinese for all ages (2-5) but many Chinese spoken kids are hardly learn English from this place. This is because most English teachers are not native English speaker and I don't personally think parents would like their kids to first learn English with Chinese accent. On the other hand, this school has a lot of activities which make parents think it is fun and healthy, but is not necessary is the case. Here are the things they do all year long: 1) birthday parties - parents can come and join with the clouds and bring cakes so the school can save some snack for the next day... 2) pictures time - teachers are taking pictures of your kids like crazy and then post them under their website, no security concern?? you sure?? 3) stage performance (mid/final) - this is what they do to impress most parents when they see their kids performing something at the stage, isn't it fun? 4) holidays celebration - Easter,Halloween, Chinese new year, etc With all that said above, how the heck can they have time for some other things else?? Not to mention each day they let the kids wandering around ("playing") in the playground for 45 minutes every single day.

Posted October 25, 2010

FYI, "keep your kid on a short leash" is a commonly used expression for parents. It means that "keep a close monitor on your kid". The expression is used in a situation when a kid may be out of control, and parent wants to a close monitor on the kid's behavior. The expression has nothing to do whether you like pets, or treating your kid like a pet. It is very similiar to a person says "holly cow". It does not mean that the person believes in god, nor the person is lying about seeing a cow. On the other hand, away from the expression, what will be worst to a kid - run over a car, or was kept on a leash when around careless drivers?

Posted July 12, 2010

Too many students in each class, too many teachers turn over, so many sick kids through out the year, swine flu, lice, pink eye...not happy to keep my son there.

Posted July 8, 2010

School Tuition is due by the 1st Wed of the month. It does not matter whether there were holidays or not. For example, 7/2010, the tuition is due 7/7 even when the past week 6/28 - 7/2 was day care only and most people did not attend, and then 7/5 was holiday. The penalty for late tution is 10% of the tuition, which is about $1,020 for 10-11 school year. The temperature of all the students are checked every 4 hours, in the morning when student arrive, right before lunch at around noon, and then again at 4 pm. If student's temperature is over 100F, parents will be called. Student teach ratio is 1 to 12 from PreK - Kinder, except for the Pre3 (3 y.o.) which is 1:8. Ms Eda (PreK) has also been laid off, even though she was very energetic and great with the

Posted June 29, 2010

My dauther went to K program here and from 1 she raised to 10 in every subject thanks only to Ms. Chitra and her excellent , intertaining program . All students were excited to go to school for a change. She gave Trust excellent reviews as you can read about her class in other reviews but to my surprise, I just heard from another parent that they let her go and for that I am so shocked and disappointed by the poor decision of the director . We can't believe how they can be so blind and not see how much she gave to our children. My daughter is so sad by this news and she asked me to do something about it. This is on behalf of her and her classmates who loved their K teacher. Talking to other parents we all know for sure the quality is going down.

Posted June 25, 2010

Our family came to this school from a lot of friends' referrals. We are so happy to choose this school for our 4-yr-old daughter. She grew so much in this school in last two years. We really like their loving way of teaching and nourish the kids not only academically but also in hearts. All the teachers we had are great and my daughter loves all of them. The principal Ms. An and leading teacher Ms. Flora are all very patient and kind. We love this school and will definitely recommend it to our friends.

Posted May 17, 2010

My daughter has been with Trust since Jan. 2010. Initially, we didn't have any problems but recently we started having problems. They seemed to have too many students and not enough teachers. There were a couple of times when my daughter fell and hurt herself and the teachers didn't even notice. Also, the director is so quiet and barely has any interactions with me as the parent of her students. She doesn't even remember the name of my child, unlike the director at my daughter's previous school who called my daughter by her first name. We will definitely transfer out of this school by next month.

Posted April 24, 2010

I visited 7 schools before I settled on Trust Montessori 3 years ago and I feel it's the best decision I've ever made. I've seen this school grow from 1 classroom to 2classrooms and now 7?+ classrooms. They must be doing something right to be growing so fast so soon. The teachers here do truly care about the children. I've had only the best experience with the teachers. I read in one review that they give homework for Pre-K ? I don't know which teacher does that, but the teacher my daughter has does not give any homework. She seems to understand my daughter...her strengths and weaknesses and know how to encourage her to improve on weaknesses. My daughter learns a lot of good life long habits and values from school aside from being above K level academically. I can only thank her teachers for that.

Posted February 22, 2010

My husband and I are of an Asian background who knew little about the Montessori teaching until we found how such teaching method is being applied by Trust Montessori in its classrooms. Our personal wants as parents are different from what our child needs, and our child's needs come first. So we are happy to see that the school follows the same priority in its practice. A large school of 200 + students with many well sized classrooms. We chose this school after a tour with the principal and saw our child's ready acceptance of the classroom settings, his comfort in connecting with other happy kids, and his eagerness in responding to friendly teacher's urgings and instructions. My preschool child has integrated the learning of Chinese and English quite well and he comes home happy each day free of any homework. We recommend you to have a tour personally.

Posted February 8, 2010

My son went to this place for about 1 year. My impression is that this is more daycare facility for Chinese kids who can't speak English than a preschool. There is no affiliation whatsoever to the Montessori philosophy and the school policies appear to change on the whim of the principal and her attitude towards the students and parents changed as the school went from 25 students to 100+ The preK program is designed more like a 3rd world classroom with 3 pages of homework each day and grades. Reminded of my kindergarten schooling days in Asia. If you want the kids focus on academics and very little else, this will work. If your kid speaks Chinese and not English, this place will work. If the above two are not your focus, there are better choices around.

Posted January 19, 2010

My son has been in pre-school class at Trust for almost one and half year. All teachers I know are still there. I don't know why a parent said the teacher turn over is high. I like the teachers. They seem to know each kid's personality which is good. The Chinese teacher is very good in my son's class. My son is able to recognize quite a few Chinese words. I am a little concerned about his English. I heard the kids in Challenger can read when they are 3-yr-old. My son seems to be behind in English. I am not quite satisfied about the facility. It's in public school district. It looks old and there is no a/c. It is very warm in summer. The bathroom is old. It is terrible that kids have to wait outside for a long time before getting in the bathroom in winter.

Posted January 16, 2010

This school has been the best we've came up with so far, after attending Challenger for a year, we heard about the Kindergarten class here through our family friends and saw the amazing results of our friend's child. We enrolled immediately, and It's been a fun academic experience. Our daughter comes home with amazing information about the world and her character is forming to be so caring and most of all loving school for a change to a point that she is even sad that it's holiday!! My wife and I love it...

Posted January 16, 2010

Posted November 28, 2009

I had been visited few of preschool to kindergarten around Santa Clara area. Finally, I decided to have my son to start preschool at Trust Montessoi. I loved my son to able to speak Chinese and English well. So, I hope he can do well at both. Then, he continued to finish his Kindergarten at Trust. During his Kindergarten, he learned very well at English, Chinese and Math. Of course, others area were excellent too. He loves Ms. Chirta. As I know my son is very active, and he needed a special attention. After Ms. Chitra spent around two weeks with him. She already knew hwo to communicate with him. So, my son did well in school. It is very important that the teacher knew each kid in the class. So, the kids can learn well. My husband and I both were Happy that mhy son attention to Trust.

Posted October 19, 2009

My son went to Trust Montessori and was in the Kindergarden program. The program was academic and they did have homework. We struggle with the homework at first, but the reward was wonderful. He was able to read and write after being in the program for six months. And we didn't struggle with homework anymore. It became easy for him. It was amazing to see the transformation and the confidence he gained. This gave him a great advantage when he started public school and we couldn't be more greatful.

Posted October 16, 2009

It is the complete opposite experience for us. Our daughter is very active, but she had a great time at Trust especially at the kindergarten class. The kindergarten teacher was so wonderful - she showed so much patience to my active daughter who had a very hard time at a school after Trust because the teacher/principle after Trust didn't know how to handle her. It is fortunate to have a good teacher who can see and think the positive side of your kids. It took my daughter a week to get used to the homework, and she was 4 1/2 years old when she was in the kindergarten class. All the teachers I know are still at Trust, and because they are expanding, there are a lot of new teachers, so I don't see the high teacher turn over.

Posted October 15, 2009

This school is excellent. Before joining, my daughter had low self-esteem and often said that she was not as good as her friends in learning. But once she entered Trust, she blossomed in to a kid with self confidence, who loves learning and who can't wait to go to school. The teachers are extremely caring, and they took the time to personally know each kid, and teach them a 'Can Do' attitude. For kindergarten there is simple homework. Its purpose is to establish good study habit and only requires ~ 10mins. The children often stay to play after school and refuse to go home because they were having so much fun. The school has very low turn over rate for teachers and the principle is always available, and willing to listen to the parents' concern. I will definitely put my 2nd daughter at this school when she's old enough.

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

4660 Eastus Drive