6-8|Private

Bad
Good

Indeed Harker has contributed SO MUCH to my son's growth, we just cannot give enough gratitude. My family appreciates every single teacher from the middle school, all the staff members including members of the BEST staff, administration, and parent volunteers, for their effort, care, love, and diligence to guide and nurture Harker students. I frequently share my comments with my friends that we need to give a huge hug to each and every one of Harker students, not just for their stellar academic performance but for exhibiting role model behavior as ideal citizens of the society! We definitely owe this to Harker who truly believes and teaches our students value of life. I would give Harker 10 stars and more!!!

The academic standard has always been set high at Harker, but relative to the student s ages, the bar is probably set highest at the middle school. At all schools, middle school is that awkward transition stage from childhood to teen years, and I don t think it will ever be easy for anyone. Although the academics are rigorous, the teachers will do anything in their power to help their students succeed, not just in their classes, but as individuals. When I was a middle school student, even the teachers who weren t strictly my teachers would edit my papers, give me advice, or just be cool with hanging out in their classrooms. No matter how busy they are, they will never be too busy for their students. The upper school at Harker has lots of opportunities, from classes in biotechnology and modern physics to performing in the orchestra or a play, and the middle school prepares you for this by helping you find out who you are and what you like to do. Middle school was some of the hardest years of my life, but the teachers guided me through it, not just academically but socially as well, sowing the seeds for all my future endeavors.

I feel so lucky to have attended Harker. My experiences at the school helped me see that I am capable of so much more than I would have ever believed--academically, athletically, personally. I cannot adequately express in words how deep my gratitude is to the many teachers, coaches, and mentors who genuinely cared about me, listened to me, and made me believe that I can actually contribute and make the world a better place. I graduated from the high school five years ago and am happy to still be in touch with some of the faculty and many of my classmates. I hope to be friends with these people for many more years to come. They inspire me to be the best that I can be!

Harker is a really good school. It has all kids of activities for all kinds of people. Its one of the best schools in California and all the kids that go there love it.

This is the best school west of the Rockies and the only one that compares to the East Coast prep and boarding schools for quality of teaching, excellence of faculty, and intellectual caliber of students. The school does have a lot of rules of conduct for the parents but I've never found it to be a problem and it's nice knowing that overzealous parents can be reigned in. The students seem to be busy but very happy. My son has wonderful friends, really good kids that I love like my own. The teachers are very caring, really understand the children's aptitudes and limitations, and the administrations are also caring and talented. In 5 years of attending this school, I've only met one teacher that I didn't care for (but even then she still seemed to love her students.) This school is not for everyone but it's amazing for above average students. It's a Disneyland for students who are ambitious, bright. The sky isn't even a limit for the best and brightest here.

I absolutely love Harker. I'm a 6th grader there and all the staff and students there are so friendly. It's the best school ever, with its own swimming pool and everything!

IT'S THE AWESOMES SCHOOL EVER. the teachers are great, and we have so many options for classes. plus, it is such a great community.

It has a great envionment for learning and the teachers are awesome.

Academics are awesome! Teachers are terrific! Friends are fantastic! alliteration =]

Harker is the an exellent school and has really helped me achieve great heights and for that I am thankful.

Last modified The Harker School | Middle School is a Private school that serves grades 6-8