Public charter
San Jose, CA

Posted September 19, 2014
Its worst school staff.principal do not respect parents nor do they care your conerns. Long hours computer lab cause my child dizzieness, headaches, boredom same stuff everyday. Food is horrible. Taking constant test stressing out children to do well when it's not necessary. Science class not really more like continuation literacy. To much homework given out its unbelievable given daily basis.

Posted January 17, 2014
I have three students that attend this Rocketship and this will be their last year! Teachers are bullies and also the parent volunteers. I don't know how many times I had to complaint about the parents that volunteer at the school. The hours are to long for kids and the homework also is to much. My kids don't have time to be kids and have fun. Its not the school that makes better kids its also the parents. Who ever said that they care about the children, NO they don't they are FOCUSED on the SCORES. My son who used to cry because he wanted to stay in school cries everyday because he does not want to go to school because they are there to LONG! The kids do not like the food in school. I have seen their food and its disgusting. Coffee with the principal is just a waste of time because he does not take in consideration what parents have to say so I don't see the point of it.

Posted October 22, 2013
this school is very stiff .. may seem fun but the children I know don't enjoy it so much .. children are in school long hours but the homework is 3 - 4 times the size as other schools so children spend most of the day doing work the school tries to make their focus on parents and students but their main attention is on their scores breaks are short if any because these breaks are taken away as a form of punishment but also these kids spend hours in front of a computer and deserve a break ........ any comments/suggestions are not taken into consideration from the principal ..........

Posted January 14, 2011
I love this school my son does great at this school. Teacher's take thier time to have each child understand what they are learning not like SJUFSD that they just pass the kid with out knowing any thing! I say it because two of my kids went to a SJUSD school and one needed RSP and he keeped on passing grades untill he had a doctor note to get him tested and he got the helped he needed in 5th grade it took them 5 yrs to get him tested and I found RSSSP and my 3rd son comes here and does awsome!

Posted November 16, 2010
My children have been attending Rocket ship for four years now. I am very pleased with everything the school has to offer. My older children say they wish Rocket shop would have been around much sooner so they could have gone there, since they see great benefits. I would NOT change my children to any other schools. Thanks ROCKET SHIP!!!

Rocketship Si Se Puede Academy 2

Posted November 05, 2010
Im going to be honest here. My daughter attended this school for 1st grade last year and we liked her teachers a lot BUT the school itself focuses ONLY on Literacy and Math. The homework packets they recieve and boring and the kids will start to resent school work but hey they will get good state testing I guess. It is however a good school if your child is behind and they need to get caught up. Its a great school for some but did not work for us. I want my child to get all subjects and allows for more creativity.

Posted August 24, 2010
Rocketship Si Se Puede is a great school. I moved my son from private to public, and was very lucky to find a Rocketship school in my area. I like the community effort to make the school a great learning experience for my son, teachers are very supportive and always available for homework help. I am happy to see many parents always willing to volunteer. My son has improved greatly this past year and loves math, and is excited about 3rd grade. There is plenty of homework, and even over the summer, which I like because my son will be able to practice over the break. The school also introduces the children to the different colleges with classroom names of where the teacher went to college , and we even had a field trip to a University. I am a proud parent of a Rocketship Rocketeer !

Rocketship Si Se Puede Academy 4

Posted August 18, 2010
The school had a great first year. A few bumps here and there, but they're just the inherent struggles of launching a new school. The school days are long for the students (longer if they have the extended sessions) and the homework is near overwhelming at times. But, after a while the kids, parents, and teachers settled into a workable rhythm. It's hard work for all, but I believe that they have a great model for high quality education.

Posted August 17, 2010
I love this school!!!! I love the teachers and the Rocketship staff. They all really care about hteir students!

Rocketship Si Se Puede Academy
2249 Dobern Avenue, San Jose, CA  95116
Last modified Rocketship Si Se Puede Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rocketship Si Se Puede Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top