Public charter
San Jose, CA

Posted April 11, 2014
My sons have been going to this school for years, and I am so impressed and happy with it. This is an excellent, well-rounded college-prep school with rigorous academic program, very committed accessible teacher and strong leadership. We wish there are more great middle and high schools like that for our kids!!

Posted January 09, 2013
I am a principal in San Francisco who has followed this school since its planning days. I can very happily say that this is one of the strongest college prep programs I have ever seen. I know the Executive Director very well (we were classmates at Stanford). She is talented, dedicated, smart and creative. She has put together an incredible staff of exemplary teachers. If you are looking for a school that sets high expectations for all students, look no further. Cornerstone is a gem of a school!

Posted October 03, 2012
My son started here 2 years ago when we moved to SJ and were looking for a decent school. Many area schools we found were "distressed" so we took a chance with Cornerstone on its opening year. It was a steep learning curve for the dedicated staff but by mid-year they and active Parents Assoc. were doing well. I didn't like the outside of the school at first. But that was book cover judging. After moving to new facilities, I kind of miss the old place. Most of the teachers have advanced degrees, come from nationally recognized teaching programs. All are very highly motivated. They are also continuous learners, honing their craft with regular coaching/feedback from other staff. Days are longer than most, going from 7:45 to 4 (incl. K). Homework is ample + 20 minutes required reading each night. They are serious about education here. Unlike other charter schools, parent participation is not mandatory, though getting involved with the friendly PA is fun. Parents need to sign off on reading logs and some homework. Cornerstone is now in its 3rd year and moved to new facilities on Lucretia. My daughter recent joined and both love this school and teachers. I highly recommend it.

Posted December 16, 2011
Hello Everyone, Thanks for checking out our school for your child. We are a college preparatory charter school serving grades K-2 currently. We will grow one grade level every year up to the 6th grade. Prospective parents can meet out team and visit a classroom to determine whether our school is a good fit. Please contact our main office to schedule a tour. 408-361-3876

Posted July 12, 2011
This is public-funded charter elementary school, so there is no tuition involved here. Teachers and school staffs are very friendly. They all have full credential of teaching on public schools. They offer full day teaching program and 7-4PM and afterschool is optional. Teaching curiculums have varieaties like readings, science, math...etc... Highly recommended. Just call this number to enroll 408-361-3876 Check this website too: http://www.cornerstoneacademysj.org/

Cornerstone Academy Preparatory School
1598 Lucretia Avenue, San Jose, CA  95122
Last modified Cornerstone Academy Preparatory School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cornerstone Academy Preparatory School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top