6-12|Private

Bad
Good

As a parent living in a Latin America country, I offered my son (17 years old) the possibility of studying in US (2013-2014) as I believe this is an important experience in his age. I spent several weeks searching the Internet for a school in San Jose where my son could benefit from a truly American experience. I chose Cambrian school because it seemed Cambrian had a good academic proposal (based on the material available on the web). Unfortunately after one week I decided to move my son to another school. I had some expectations that were not met. Cambrian school has a poor infrastructure, inadequate resources. There is no adequate gym for sports. In fact Cambrian does not offer alternatives sports as my son expected. In general, the atmosphere there make you feel disappointed. When searching for schools, I do not recommend that international families make decision based only on the material available on the internet. When possible, visit the school, talk to the principal and some teachers. Unfortunately, as I am living far from the US, I could not do it. In addition, I paid 75% of the tuition and the Cambrian refused to refund. International parents must be aware about this.

Here are just a few of the many reasons I believe Cambrian Academy is the best school in the area. 1) The teachers are incredibly dedicated. They cheerfully give my child extra help during lunch breaks and after school. They love to teach and it shows in their preparation, presentation of subject matter, and enthusiasm. 2) The class sizes are small.The average is 10 per class. Students sit around a conference table so everyone is fully engaged in the discussions. 3) The administration cares about meeting the needs of every student. Because of the school size, it is able to help nurture each person's strengths while addressing his weaknesses. 4) Students are placed according to ability, not age. This has resulted in some being accelerated by 4 or 5 grades. 5) Communication from administration and teachers is superb. My child's grades, attendance, and homework are all accessible online. Just a few clicks of the mouse and I can view her progress or contact any teacher. If you believe the skills necessary for success are obtained through stellar education given by knowledgeable, caring teachers, I urge you to take a tour.

Excellent teachers, small class sizes and a caring, diverse community makes this school an amazing experience. My son absolutely loves this school. The curriculum is aptly differentiated and that coupled with passionate teachers, makes it a very satisfying learning environment. Extremely happy with it. This is our second year in Cambrian and we are already enrolled for the next year as well. I don't think anything like this exists in this area.

I Love Cambrian Academy. It is the first private school I've been to and I came here because my old school didn't work for me. When I came to CIA I got along with everyone last year and this year half the people are like family to me. It's the perfect school for me.

I love the personal attention, small class size, and the strong academics. My son was accepted to 5 good universities, and he has chosen to attend UC Santa Cruz.

I have been a student at Cambrian International Academy for two and a half years. You will not find a better private high school anywhere at all. I've watched it grow into a thriving and diverse community. There is something for everyone at CIA. As President of the high school Student Council I can confidently say that we've developed the best Student Council of any school in the area, delivering countless fun activities and fundraisers to the student body as well as a number of great community service opportunities enjoyed by students of all ages and backgrounds. I also can't say enough good things about the incredible teaching staff. Every teacher brings their own wonderful, unique and engaging style to the classroom backed by years of experience. I have acquired the skills to pass two AP tests during my time at CIA, and I've been accepted to UC Santa Cruz, which was my first school of choice. CIA's also the place to go for the athletes out there; everyone is accommodated and supported from golf players to tennis players to go kart racers. I HIGHLY recommend CIA to any student hoping to succeed and have fun doing it.

Last modified Cambrian International Academy is a Private school that serves grades 6-12