School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Sage Vista School has truly been ahead of the pack with an innovative approach to educating the WHOLE child-- brain, body and heart. As any founder of any organization or company would attest, one cannot achieve true implementation of one's mission without unrelenting conviction and determination. A true leader cannot be driven by fear of opinion, but rather honesty of heart, a commitment for lifelong learning and a spirit of community building. Sage Vista has implemented a comprehensive and rigorous professional development and faculty mentorship program to ensure that their faculty are supported and equipped with the tools and understandings to deliver the school's unique model. The school now thrives with a highly educated and passionate stable team of staff and faculty. SVS is truly a safe and thriving community of children, parents and educators. We invite you to join us for coffee and conversation so you may form your own impression.
March 20, 2014

Posted April 17, 2014
When your child has an incessant thirst for knowledge, an active curious mind, and is eager to share her ideas as well as to create and manipulate in her learning environment, the options for schooling are so limited. My daughter was "just fine" in another school but her spark and happiness about learning was rapidly decreasing. She felt alone and started to "hide" her intelligence. She noticed other students were not as eager to raise their hand or bored with repetitive and mundane tasks. All of this has changed since we joined SVS, she looks forward to school and shares with us her daily discoveries at dinner time. We could not be happier and we are thankful to the administration for their careful admissions to ensure that our child thrives in a safe and stimulating environment.

Sage Vista School 1

Posted April 14, 2014
I would give them one star if possible. I feel terrible that I actually left my son in their care. They boast that they know and teach social emotional development, but talking to the kids about it everyday for 20 minutes does not mean they "know". They have no business even mentioning EQ on their website after what we have experienced. When my 5-year-old son was distraught because he felt he was being treated unfairly, not only was his emotions not noted, he was first ignored, then physically lifted /dragged into the office. They are lucky they are not being sued after what happened. They are lazy and irresponsible educators who discriminate. They dismiss those they don't think they can handle just so they can appear that they have it all together. I highly recommend that you learn more about them being sending your kids there.

Posted March 20, 2014
We've been with the school for a year now and it's like we got our child back. The school is small and in the spirit of Silicon Valley very much like a startup which makes its innovative approach to the whole child education model perfect for us. Because the school is small it is able to spend time with the children and really listen to the needs of the families. Our experience continues to be exemplary. I can't imagine our child going anywhere else. We are very involved with volunteering at the school and have gotten to know the faculty. They are dedicated and have been with the school as long as we've been there providing a stable & nurturing environment. As parents we have found our child's place but we have also found our "place" in a community of parents. The curriculum is inquiry and project based and the children are told they are scientists so asking questions is encouraged. For the curious child who is bored in a traditional school setting Sage Vista will challenge them intellectually while also attending to the social and emotional well being of the child. Sage Vista's teachers and faculty all have Masters or PHD's and they share their love of knowledge daily.

Sage Vista School 1

Posted March 18, 2014
This is a school desperate for keeping a flawless reputation even at the expense of its children and families. Our family joined the school believing the progressive approach and understanding of gifted kids was filling just the right need. We previously wrote a 5-star review on Great Schools. We had some lovely moments there, but the administration is very inexperienced running a school, and it wrecks havoc on the ability of the school to keep teachers, develop appropriate curriculum and manage behavior issues. Teachers came and went in ways very upsetting to the children. Parents were discouraged from community building efforts. And several wonderful families were pushed out in bizarre circumstances with the administration. It's so very unfortunate. I truly hope the promise of this school is fulfilled as the administration evolves.

Posted March 17, 2014
My daughter was having some difficulties at the first private school I had chosen. I decided to look for an alternative environment and after some research, I learned about Sage Vista and came for a tour. The environment is conducive to hands-on, inquiry and project-based learning for highly intelligent students while also supporting their emotional needs with patience, understanding, and loving care. My daughter has been there for almost four months now, and she could not be happier, which makes this single mama very happy too. She looks forward to going to school every morning and really enjoys the various activities and opportunities. She is thriving and learning so much, with very little use of dittos and mundane tasks. At Sage Vista, they make learning exciting and explorative in order to challenge a growing mind. The teachers are amazingly caring and supportive and are so dedicated to the school and the children. The classes are small, so each student gets a ton of attention and support. They learn Spanish daily and have field learning trips monthly. I love this school! Check it out!

Posted February 11, 2014
Sage Vista School is a community of caring and energetic teachers, students and parents working together to deliver a truly unique learning experience. Teachers have creative freedom to respond to the needs and interests of their students to make lessons meaningful and students successful.

Posted February 03, 2014
Our child was getting lost in a well respected Bay Area public school, and what started off as a wonderful new experience turned into a daily battle of anxiety and disappointment. After some recommended testing we learned that our child was a "critical thinker and would benefit from a different classroom environment. Sage Vista met our requirements for smaller class sizes, project based education, expanded curriculum options, full brain learning and less task based busy work. Sage Vista has grown from a three student concept, into a thirty student "inquiry based learning" school in three years. This organic growth help each teacher to develop a stronger understanding of the needs of each individual child. Our child now looks forward to school every day, is overcoming previous educational challenges, and is building the emotional intelligence that will help her succeed in our increasing multi-tasking world. We all want an environment to cultivate the potential of our own special child, and that s exactly what Sage Vista provides to our family. I would encourage you to learn more about Sage Vista, and learn if our small community is a good fit for your family.

Posted February 02, 2014
Sage Vista is a fantastic school. Teachers show sensitivity, understanding and insight. Behavior is not oversimplified to "he is naughty" or "just wants attention". They ask why is the child disengaged? Is he bored, uncomfortable, tired, hungry, just needs to take a break, if so, that is ok. Time is spent daily on SEL and I have observed it within children's interactions many times. Teachers at SV are able to practice their art without the restraints that public schools place upon teachers. In comparison to reputably rigorous but undifferentiated schools, my son is working 1-2 grades ahead in most, if not all subjects. My daughter is proving her math abilities are quite strong at age 4. The smaller facility is compensated for in off site field trips and hands on experiments. Sage Vista is a progressive school for highly curious, creative, intelligent learners and parents who want to encourage the love of learning in their children within an authentic, emotionally safe community. Some parents are not a good fit in terms of philosophy and expectations but if the former sentence rings true, I highly suggest you come and check us out!

Posted January 29, 2014
Sage Vista has a progressive, practical and hands-on approach to education. The students love coming to school here every day and I am blessed to be a part of it all!

Posted November 09, 2013
Wow - what an amazing school. Check out their facebook page - these guys are really doing what they say: Hands-on project based learning with an emphasis on inquiry and exploration. The teachers and staff were so welcoming and relaxed at the open house, they really enjoy their work.

Sage Vista School