Sylvia Cassell Elementary School 2

Posted August 19, 2014
Parking and the street in front of the school is unsafe during pick-up and drop-off, and there is no management of this by the Principle. If we can't even trust the safe arrival and departure of our children in front of our eyes, what happens behind closed doors? When I questioned one teacher about grading my son as average in areas he excelled at, he explained his philosophy as "how can he be proficient in this grades curriculum, when I haven't finished teaching it yet...?" The children are not taught to their intelligences, rather to the convenience of the teacher.

Posted August 12, 2011
As a parent I can only hope that the principal is gone very soon. The last principal would listen to us and was very understanding. Some of the teachers are very mean to our children and we have told her. She has done nothing about it. My child has come home telling me that her teacher calls the student stupid and to shut up. I told the principal and not happened. The parent involvement is hardly around because the principal keeps us away!

Sylvia Cassell Elementary School 4

Posted July 16, 2010
Cassell is ranked 10 out of the 27 schools in Alum Rock and last year's API was 700. I believe that we are a good school where teachers do their best and the principal is very understanding and compassionate.

Posted November 24, 2008

Posted October 11, 2006
This is a horrible school! This is no way to teach young students. The principal talked down to the parents. The school discourages parents from being involved at the school too. We transferred her the next year and it was the best decision we ever made!!!!

Posted September 22, 2006
This school used to be one of my favorites. Many generations of my family have went to this school, including my father, my cousins and myself. This school has fallen since the new principal took over. I am very disappointed. My child also takes an average of 4-5 hours to do homework! That is not normal. Something has to be done.

Sylvia Cassell Elementary School
1300 Tallahassee Drive, San Jose, CA  95122
Last modified Sylvia Cassell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sylvia Cassell Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top