Linda Vista Elementary School 5

Posted August 16, 2013
This school is amazing! My kids, Alan and Sydney go here and they say that it is amazing! They like Mrs. Vandergrift and Ms. Smith. They say they are very nice

Posted November 03, 2010
My child has not had a good experience at this school. I am glad this is the last year he will be attending Linda Vista. My first meeting with the principle was her giving me a dirty look then walking away and my sons teacher follows her example. Never had to deal with principles and teachers that displayed so much hatered and anger toward students and parents. My son was given two weeks detention for being late to class. When i spoke with the principle and the teacher they both questioned my son the following day asking him what he had told me. He felt scared and ganged up on and he started to cry. Things like that should not happen. They should have scheduled a meeting with my son and myself if they were concrned.

Posted January 12, 2010
Filled with caring teachers a devoted School Director with an increasing parent involvement. Linda Vista has proven to be a great school for my child. Having experience other schools in California I enjoy being part of the PTA at Linda Vista and helping our kids become a great addition to our society.

Posted September 24, 2009
When I attended Linda Vista years ago parents actually camped overnight to make sure their kids got into Linda Vista. As a parent my older children experienced how great Linda Visata was and the teachers were great, the principal at the time was good as well. Over the last few years my younger children have not experienced the greatness Linda Vista once was. I highly doubt anyone would camp out to make sure their kid got in. The staff othe than a couple from the office dont have patience, the teachers always seemed rushed and bothered, my experiecne with the principal is negative always so I wont even go into that. Its just sad I have one more kid to enter into elementary and hope we move so she doesnt have to go to Linda Vista or that things change....soon

Linda Vista Elementary School 4

Posted September 04, 2009
I have two children who have attended Linda Vista for the past four years. Linda Vista is a Great school! Linda Vista is also a Visual and Performing Arts school. My children enjoyed being in both performances, 'The Big Chill and Once on this Island'. They have Character Counts, Guitars, Music, Mariachi, Math Night, the Young Authors Fair, the Science Fair, and The Carnival. Linda Vista also has a Saturday set aside for the beautification of their gardens. This gives the children a chance to work alongside of their parents, and teachers, which gives them a sense of pride and ownership for their school. The principal and teachers are always willing to sit down and discuss any questions or problems you may be experiencing. I would like to thank the staff for their selflessness.

Linda Vista Elementary School 3

Posted August 25, 2009

Posted November 12, 2008
How sad is it to see a school that used to be one of the best elementary school in the Alum Rock School District go down hill. Linda Vista need alot of help! These teachers need to be strict with these kids because they are out of control. This need to be taught now in elementary so that these kids have respect for other teachers and are focused on their education. Unfortunately this is not the case at Linda Vista. What happened? We need help here.

Posted September 25, 2008
I really loved Ms. Rachel and Mrs. Papas for helping my kid in this school. They have devoted their time and shows that they really care for my kid. I was annoyed by the principal Mrs. Douglas. and some teachers who does seem to care to kids...My saying was that, if you are a teacher..you have more and plenty of patience with students because this is the career that you chose...not like yelling or insulting kids. teachers here they do that when there are not parents around but if there are parents around, they seemed like a nice human being other than that they are so rude esp the principal..she does not have the listening ability....she just talks and talks...if you have this career then you should love it and enjoy it and bottom line..you dont have the right to yell or ridicule children because you did not carry them

Posted September 03, 2008
well what can i say about this school it is a very good school my daughter is in second grade and she has been helped a lot at this school. i especially want to thank Mrs. Malarich beacuse she is a wonderful teacher

Posted May 17, 2008
Linda Vista has gone down hill over the last couple of years. There isn't a focus on high achievement at all. The he school lacks a clear vision. Maybe if the principal wasn't so busy gardening!

Linda Vista Elementary School
100 Kirk Avenue, San Jose, CA  95127
Last modified Linda Vista Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Linda Vista Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top