Bad
Good

Donald J. Meyer Elementary School 1

Posted November 07, 2012
I am absolutely appalled with the principal's lack of concern in trying to help my child. He should have been held back a grade and when I expressed my wishes to have him pulled back she said that she can't and she won't. I even went to the district and they said it was policy to never hold back a child. The only saving grace for this school is Mrs. Cathy Flores. She tries to work with my son and get him on track.

Donald J. Meyer Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2012
We want Ms Corona stay back to teach Kindergaden at Meyer Elementary for the school year of 2012-2013. She is the best teacher and we need teacher like her who encoureage students to love school. We will have our parent petition signed ready to submit to whom making decision of moving her away from Meyer Elementary. We, parent, tax payer who are living in Alum Rock district strongly belive that Ms. Corona is the best teacher. Kindergarden is the first step that will inplant the kid mind with how exciting and fun school be. It is very importance to have first impression about school in a positive way and Ms CORONA have that ability to make it happen to our children. Please, who ever making the decision of moving her away from Meyer Elementary, We want her, do not take her away from our kid.

Donald J. Meyer Elementary School 1

Posted April 06, 2012
I am not pleased at all with this school, everything is last minute there. Menus are given late,P.T.A. meetings canceled late ,vacation schedules are given a week into that month ,instead of the month prier too. Also there has been profanity written inside the kids slide for months,parents on my street all heard about it for a while now. We asked our children if they told yard duty teachers , they all said 'YES' so one of the parents stated they took it upon them self to paint over it themselves, so elementary kids don't have to be subject to profanity ! I never once saw a " teacher" in the "Parent Teacher Assoc."meetings, which says a lot right there..Most of the staff is at retirement age,lets wake up our community !

Posted August 17, 2010
I am a parent and have 2 children currently attending Meyer. I think it's an excellent school and have no issues with the no parents being beyond the quad area. I believe everyone is entitled to their own opiion, The SCHOOL IS NOT GOING DOWN HILL apparently the parent before has ISSUES WITH THE PRICIPAL.AND TEACHERS. ****THE TEACHERS AND PRICIPAL GO ABOVE AND BEYOND TO HELP THE CHILDREN****GOOD JOB!

Donald J. Meyer Elementary School 2

Posted August 02, 2010
My oldest son did his 6 grade elem. Yr. At Meyer and all I got was a lot of discouragement and neg. Comments. He would have big packages of hmw weekly, in summer, and vaca. Time. My 2nd son did kinder there and the principal has this new meeting on were they write up your kids as problem children and the meeting made up of every grade teachers who don't know your kids. All they do is target your child. She got this rule on how parents are not allowd on the quad. Kids don't get to play until 7:50 and school open from 7:30. The kids need to wait by the cafeteria until 7:50. The teacher are unhappy too. They're pushed to teach grd. Level they don't want. Many have left already. This school is going down hill because of the principal.

Posted September 18, 2009
My daughter has attended Meyer school since first grade, and ever since then all I have is excellent praise for the teachers. The teachers at Meyer go above and beyond with their students, as well with the parents. This is a wonderful school that genuinely cares about the learning of all students, and for anyone to say otherwise it's because they have nothing better to do than to complain.

Posted January 27, 2009
I would have to say this School is one of the best schools in this area. My son and daughter go there and I have been very happy with all the events and the way my children have been learning. I also have to Praise Mrs. Manson both of my children had her and she is a true godsend.. Thanks for giving great teachers like Lyn Manson a great school to work at and thanks for giving my children a wonderful school to learn at

Donald J. Meyer Elementary School 2

Posted July 31, 2008
My kids attended that school starting from preschool till second grade and I was so disappointed with the teachers and principal. They don't pay much attention to the kids needs or education. They don't push the kids to do their best; they just let them do what ever they can academicly and they don't help them much if they need help. Their way to help is to hold the child back in the same grade instead of spending time with them to help them with their work. The teachers don't try their best,their answer is 'I'm just following the distric's manual.' I don't recommend this school, even if you live right across the street from it.

Donald J. Meyer Elementary School 4

Posted September 21, 2004
I like this school. It's one of the better elementary schools in the area between Story & King Roads. The staff is caring and the school works very hard to accommodate everyone. The school is also maintained better than some others in the area. An added bonus is the fact that Meyer is right across the street (Ocala Ave.) from the public library. So if your child has a report due or just needs a quiet space to do homework, they don't have to go far.

Donald J. Meyer Elementary School
1824 Daytona Drive, San Jose, CA  95122-1719
Last modified Donald J. Meyer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.