Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

San Antonio Elementary School 2

Posted June 02, 2015
I will start by saying that the teachers I have met here are all good, some are very good. My rating comes from the administration or lack there of at this school. My family has spent the last 3 years scrambling to get accurate information about school functions such as; Honors Awards Ceremonies, Kindergarten Graduation and the Science Fair. Calls to the office often result in conflicting information depending on which of the secretaries answer and even the teachers themselves have apologized for being in the dark about the school schedule. Many times notices that come home with my son are in Spanish only, despite ours being an English speaking household. This school appears very capable at catering to Spanish only/ESL households and many events are presented bi-lingual, but that is only Spanish and English and leaves out the many families in the school who speak other languages.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted June 02, 2015
At my child's grade level I had several pages of vocabulary, math, spelling, and reading homework that focused on comprehension and critical thinking. I see only a page or two of math and spelling words.

San Antonio Elementary School 1

Posted November 11, 2011
The teachers don't seem to take enough of an interest in the children in this school. My son has been diagnosed with acute depression and anxiety, and my daughter has been diagnosed with ADHD and Anxiety. 3 of 4 teachers involved assume and accuse that the problem is a disciplinary problem at home. Both children are in counseling and I have an extensive background in child development, child care, child psychology, and I have many years of experience, outside of my own parenting to support it. It seems to me that the teachers are not willing to put in the extra effort for a child in need, unless the school can benefit from it. I am also bothered that even though my home is a non-spanish speaking home, we receive most of the notices and announcements in spanish, and perhaps half in bilingual format. I feel that my children are at a disadvantage because they are stuck in classrooms where teachers are too busy teaching students who don't properly speak English to help them with their own needs. The principal is new, and she seems very inexperienced. She has good ideas, but no organization skills. I'm strongly considering homeschool for the remainder of the elementary school years.

Posted April 22, 2010
Please know that there was a change in school leadership in June 2006. The positive comments posted before that date refer to a principal who has since left the school. The only review which has been posted since the change in school administration took place is that of October 26, 2009 (see below).

Posted October 26, 2009
I believe this is one of the worse Elementary Schools here is San Jose. The staff at the office from the principal to the the secretary are very rude to both children and the parents. You have to make an appointment in order for you to be able to go into the office. The only thing good about this school are the wonderful teachers.

San Antonio Elementary School 4

Posted January 12, 2006
I think san antonio is a great school. There is a wide variety of parents that participate and volunteer. The principal aswell as the teachers participate in activities. I know there is alot of schools that have principals just in there office. But not this school it is uniqu in its own way .

San Antonio Elementary School 5

Posted March 23, 2004
I enjoy my children attending this school. They have learned a great deal academically in all three areas; reading, writing, arithmatic. The teachers and Principal have consistently worked with my children and other students to achieve the utmost community and school pride. Our time within these school walls have been beneficial academically and socially. Thank You San Antonio.

San Antonio Elementary School 4

Posted October 25, 2003
Rich in culture and teacher commitment. Good community support and crossing guards.

1721 East San Antonio Street, San Jose, CA  95116-3060
Last modified San Antonio Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.