San Jose, CA

Posted March 20, 2015
I have one child who is currently attending Laneview Elementary, and another that attended from K through 3rd grade. First, let me tell you about the positive aspects of this school. I can honestly say that the principal is giving more than 100% to make this school successful, taking the school from being a low scoring school to being a Distinguished School. Most teachers at this school work tirelessly to bring the kids, who are behind, to "at grade level". I truly appreciate this, since my younger child struggled when he was learning how to read and write. The parents are very much involved. There is a sense of pride and unity from the parents wanting the school to improve and succeed. I have volunteered as well for a whole year in the classroom. Now, on the other hand, my older child, who is considered advanced, has not been challenged at this school academically. She was usually bored and was not brought up to her next level. This caused me to pull her out of the school and home-school her.

Laneview Elementary School 1

Posted March 13, 2015
This school is definetly not an 8 out of 10. This school has teachers that cannot spell and/or write. Some teachers shouldn't even be teaching at a school and will definitely give students bad experience in an academic environment. One should be at home taking care of her young children. This teacher is too unorganized on a daily basis. This teacher is sloppy and forgetful. The principal is not good either. She will not allow advance students to be in an advance class two years in a row. She believe slow students making any signs of improve are allow to be in advance class the following school year. I am pulling my child out after this school year. What a waste of time.

Posted April 11, 2013
Laneview is GREAT!!! I have been involved with this school for the past 12 yrs, and over these years I have seen many improvements from the staff to the PTA! It takes everyone to make a great school, and we have it here!!

Laneview Elementary School 1

Posted March 20, 2013
I can only say there are only about 3 to 4 good teachers at this school that really enjoy teaching and do care about the students. This school is very slow and I found some teachers shouldn't even be teaching. Too many students at this school have uneducated parents too. The behaviors and manners of the students really tells me we cannot expect the API to go any higher up. The glass celing will be low for this school. It is the combination of parents, students and teachers working together to make it work. Most of the kids here at this school seem uninterested to learn. Many cannot even do simple math. The grapevine at this school is the worst I can image. A high percentage of the parents at this school have bad logic too!!!!

Posted June 05, 2009
I have two children attending and one alumnus from Laneview School. My children love their school and teachers. Everyone communicates to parents. The Staff is willing to go the extra mile to help. Teachers give individual attention to those children who need it. The school is clean, and I feel that my children are safe when I leave them on campus. I would definitely recommend this school to everyone. I want to give special thanks to Mrs. Nunez, Margie and Kim in the office, Mrs. Corey Hernandez--Kinder, Mrs. Melendez--1st grade, Mr. Vu--5th grade, Mrs. Goosen--4th grade and everyone who helps in our children's daily lives! You are the best! We love you!!!!

Posted June 09, 2008

Posted June 11, 2007
- a former student
I am a former Laneview student, and the bottom line is Laneview is the best. Laneview recognizes those with its student of the month in the academic, citizenship or most improved field. It also has a Leap Into Literacy program that steers many students into reading more. The teachers there are incredibly nice, patient, helpful, well educated and able to have fun and teach students at the same time. Discipline and order is no problem. Laneview has a very safe and friendly environment. The school has a lovely environment, whether in the classroom or its landscape. The classrooms are nice and orderly and the landscape is absolutely breathtaking. The playground is very fun to play on and during recess or lunch, kids can have fun safely because there are parents who has an interest in the safety of your kids.

Posted March 17, 2006

Posted August 17, 2005

Posted November 20, 2004
My child has attended Laneview for two years. In the two years, I have been able to see him grow tremendously in academics and social skills. Of greatest importance, Laneview is one of the fewest schools that still believe in fine arts. The school provides music classes in grades 3-5. Parent volunteers are trained to serve as F.A.M.E. docents (Fine Arts Mini Experience). Every two months on a Friday, students in K-5 participate and learn about famous artists and composers. The docents dress up to reflect the era/genre and provide lessons to extend in the classrooms. In addition to formal lessons in fine arts, Laneview and its PTA organize community members in the field to perform at assemblies. The second key quality of this elementary is that all teachers are trained in a rigorous writing/reading program called Step Up to Writing. The school commits to a school-wide plan.

Laneview Elementary School
2095 Warmwood Lane, San Jose, CA  95132
(408) 923-1920
Last modified Laneview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laneview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top