Posted April 11, 2013
Laneview is GREAT!!! I have been involved with this school for the past 12 yrs, and over these years I have seen many improvements from the staff to the PTA! It takes everyone to make a great school, and we have it here!!

Laneview Elementary School 1

Posted March 20, 2013
I can only say there are only about 3 to 4 good teachers at this school that really enjoy teaching and do care about the students. This school is very slow and I found some teachers shouldn't even be teaching. Too many students at this school have uneducated parents too. The behaviors and manners of the students really tells me we cannot expect the API to go any higher up. The glass celing will be low for this school. It is the combination of parents, students and teachers working together to make it work. Most of the kids here at this school seem uninterested to learn. Many cannot even do simple math. The grapevine at this school is the worst I can image. A high percentage of the parents at this school have bad logic too!!!!

Posted June 05, 2009
I have two children attending and one alumnus from Laneview School. My children love their school and teachers. Everyone communicates to parents. The Staff is willing to go the extra mile to help. Teachers give individual attention to those children who need it. The school is clean, and I feel that my children are safe when I leave them on campus. I would definitely recommend this school to everyone. I want to give special thanks to Mrs. Nunez, Margie and Kim in the office, Mrs. Corey Hernandez--Kinder, Mrs. Melendez--1st grade, Mr. Vu--5th grade, Mrs. Goosen--4th grade and everyone who helps in our children's daily lives! You are the best! We love you!!!!

Posted June 09, 2008

Posted June 11, 2007
- a former student
I am a former Laneview student, and the bottom line is Laneview is the best. Laneview recognizes those with its student of the month in the academic, citizenship or most improved field. It also has a Leap Into Literacy program that steers many students into reading more. The teachers there are incredibly nice, patient, helpful, well educated and able to have fun and teach students at the same time. Discipline and order is no problem. Laneview has a very safe and friendly environment. The school has a lovely environment, whether in the classroom or its landscape. The classrooms are nice and orderly and the landscape is absolutely breathtaking. The playground is very fun to play on and during recess or lunch, kids can have fun safely because there are parents who has an interest in the safety of your kids.

Posted March 17, 2006

Posted August 17, 2005

Posted November 20, 2004
My child has attended Laneview for two years. In the two years, I have been able to see him grow tremendously in academics and social skills. Of greatest importance, Laneview is one of the fewest schools that still believe in fine arts. The school provides music classes in grades 3-5. Parent volunteers are trained to serve as F.A.M.E. docents (Fine Arts Mini Experience). Every two months on a Friday, students in K-5 participate and learn about famous artists and composers. The docents dress up to reflect the era/genre and provide lessons to extend in the classrooms. In addition to formal lessons in fine arts, Laneview and its PTA organize community members in the field to perform at assemblies. The second key quality of this elementary is that all teachers are trained in a rigorous writing/reading program called Step Up to Writing. The school commits to a school-wide plan.

Posted June 21, 2004
Great school! Great teachers! Challenging curriculum and literacy program. Highly recommended!

Posted January 15, 2004
Laneview elementary is a very clean school, well managed and hosts some of the best teachers I've ever met. My child was in the special education program and, the teachers are fantastic. Most probably the best special ed program there is. Also, the other teachers in first through 5th grade are absolutely the creme de la creme.

Laneview Elementary School
2095 Warmwood Lane, San Jose, CA  95132
(408) 923-1920
Last modified Laneview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Laneview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top