San Jose, CA

Toyon Elementary School 1

Posted June 20, 2014
While my student is top of his class at Toyon; he failed to test into a new school. Standards are very low here.

Toyon Elementary School 1

Posted September 18, 2012
I'm very unhappy with how the principal called me one day. I felt that he wasn't explaining it to me and felt that he didn't care how my kids were going to feel. I feel that the school is unorginzated and it need to be clean. My son said that the bathroom were very nasty and gross he couldn't go to restroom so he held it till he got home. I also feel that the principal isn't very friendly and has no communication skill to parents about things being transfer and very unconcern about it and rude.

Posted May 17, 2011
My son attends TOYON and I couldn't be prouder! The teachers are fantastic and genuinely care about their students and their well-being. There are programs for children that need a little extra help, as well as extracurricular programs (Mandarin Chinese class, YMCA after-school program) that are free to families. The students love the time each week that they spend in the computer lab! This school is also a NASA distinguished school! The PTA is a great group of people who really want amazing things for the Toyon students! I think more parents could/should be involved, but the ones that are, are wonderful! Any little bit of time you can help at the school is beneficial to the classroom atmosphere! Especially now with the ridiculous budget problems... The principal is really a great guy and it is evident that he loves his job! I will be happy to send my other kids to TOYON (when their time comes)!! I highly recommend this school!

Posted May 10, 2011
I have lived across the street from Toyon Elementary for 7 years. The neighborhood is made up of mostly long time residents and is a quiet neighborhood. I have two daughters ages 6 and 8 that attend Toyon. I couldn't be happier with my decision on where to live and what school my children should attend. The teachers and staff are great at Toyon and that really makes me want to get involved as a parent. We are a close knit group of parents at Toyon. There is a real sense of community here and with that brings trust. Toyon is a great school now and I feel that in the coming years with the parent involvement we have that we will only get better!!!

Toyon Elementary School 4

Posted May 07, 2011
i just wanted to say how much i appreciated the office staff at toyon .They are the most sweetest lady's i have ever met.

Posted May 05, 2011
I have two children at Toyon, both are doing extremely well academically. I am very impressed with the Parent - Teacher communication. Additionally, the Principal is GREAT!

Toyon Elementary School 0

Posted May 16, 2010
I am a very proud product of Toyon Elementary School and believe our diversity, employee energy, and neighborhood location make for an extraordinary learning experience.

Toyon Elementary School 4

Posted March 07, 2009
When you see the school of your dream, with everything expected is satisfied, you give a perfect 5-star rating. I didn't give 5 stars because, just like most schools, Toyon elementary School is not perfect. I gave 4 stars because I think it's very good. My children went to this school for five years. I see that sometimes when you have problems at home, your children may not do quite well at school. When you well prepare your children at home, they usually do much better in class. The teachers of my children listened to and communicated well with us, the parents. These teachers worked very hard and tried to apply better ways to improve my children. Even in the worst situations, they smiled and were very patient. I feel the general air at this school is comfortable but pushing for higher test results. They tried to improve many things.

Toyon Elementary School 2

Posted December 27, 2007

Posted June 15, 2007
My son just finished his first year at Toyon. I was very happy with his teachers. I was able to spend a few days helping out in his class and came to realize how important it is for parents to be involved in their child's education. I'm a true believer that we, as parents, are the primary educators of our children. Teachers are trained professionals but all of their training won't do any good if we do not support their work.

Toyon Elementary School
995 Bard Street, San Jose, CA  95127
(408) 923-1965
Last modified Toyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Toyon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top