558 students|Cambrian

Bad
Good

Posted October 22, 2014
Fantastic school, great teachers! My son had Ms Silva and Ms Drach and both are excellent teachers. Parent participation is very high. Cambrian neighborhood is very family oriented and it shows well at Fammatre.

Posted September 19, 2013
This school was the reason why we moved here. We heard the Cambrian School District before from some of my friends and co-workers. Teachers here are terrific! Ms. Boswell was with my eldest son, while my middle and youngest had Ms. Johnson. Both teachers starting off with students were excellent. Combo classes made integration to higher grades was something new and it seems to work out. The 4-Bs among other Life Skills are a big essentials and plus in the morning recess. Community-wise school with extra helpful parents AND students are so supportive. I've enjoyed the experience with all the past teachers (Ms. Liewer, Mr. Carter, Ms. Foy, Ms. Silva & Ms. Phllips) and looks like they really care about their students and help in anyway they can. Helpful parents are encouraged to be involved and it shows! The network works! As parents this is all we ask for. We understand that teachers can't be everywhere but when you can see the tears in their eyes, that when you know that someone has cared for a child. There's additional after school programs. I can't tell how I appreciate our music program director Mr. Golden and Ms. Perry is on top of things! Go Falcons!

Posted April 28, 2013
The best School my son and daughter have been. Love Miss Bosewell! She is a great teacher. I have no words to explain, how well of a job she dose. She's Amazing. We are going to miss her very much. Mrs, Ramirez, is also so Amazing. My daughter loves her so much. I have to say that all the teachers and staff work so hard and put all their effort for the kids. Thank you all for the great job!!

Posted November 21, 2010
Our fourth grader and second grader have had a great time at Fammatre and have shown incredible improvements from year to year. Our fourth grader has struggled with attention deficit and has had the benefit of superb teachers every year, addressing the issue from different angles- including one teacher asking my student to stay after class to help with projects and get some one-on-one time mentor time.

Posted May 20, 2010
We just came from Fammatre's Open House where I was reminded once again just how lucky my son is to have his kindergarten experience there. KB ROCKS!!! The teachers are awesome! The room was filled to bursting with totally child constructed art, reading, writing, and science projects. My son was so proud and couldn't wait to share all his "kid-made" books. He has such a wonderful year.in KB. We are so thrilled with his excitement to learn and can only think that more wonderful teachers and learning await us in first grade.

Posted May 15, 2010
Fammatre is a great school. Our son's teachers have been great. They care about the kids and take care to ensure the kids learn social and academic skills. The school also has strong community ties. We have greatly enjoyed getting to know other Fammatre families.

Posted May 11, 2010
Fammatre is a fantastic school that provides a truly exceptional learning environment and experience for kids (and parents). My son's kindergarten teacher Miss Boswell has continually gone above and beyond to meet the needs of each student in her class. She provides her students not only with the educational skills they need but also essential life skills that will make them successful students in the years to come. The parent involvement at Fammatre has created a community that can't be beat. Throughout this year parents have stepped up and volunteered whenever needed. I'm so glad that my children are Fammatre students!

Posted May 04, 2010
This is an awesome school with caring teachers and administrators. My children are thriving there. I'm so happy we were able to get in to this charter school as our local elementary is rated a 3 out of 10! Unfortunately, like most other CA districts, we're looking at laying off quite a few teachers this summer and I hope we'll be able to maintain the quality education with fewer teachers and larger classes.

Posted May 04, 2010
We have the greatest teachers, staff, parents and kids! There is such a sense of community and so much involvement. My kids love to go to school every day.

Posted May 04, 2010
My 6 year old just loves it here. The principal is amazing and the teachers are phenomenal. The entire school, from the parents to the teachers and staff, act as a cohesive community. It takes a village to raise a child and this school is part of our village and my family is fortunate for that.

2800 New Jersey Avenue, San Jose, CA  95124-1556
Last modified Fammatre Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.