542 students|Cambrian

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
Thank you to Mrs. George, our child's 3rd grade teacher. She is focused, caring and fun!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 18, 2015
The school is anti bullying and this helps in so many ways for the children and parents.

Posted November 18, 2015
Farnham is great. We have lots of extra opportunities like, art, bank, choir, music, sports, Project Cornerstone, etc... too many to list. The teachers are amazing and the special education services are outstanding for those who need the extra help.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 18, 2015
I wan to Thank and recognize my daughter's 4th grade teacher Mrs. Ericson. We have had a difficult family situation and recently and has been very helpful, loving, caring and understanding of my daughter. She is one of a kind

Farnham Charter School 4

Posted April 02, 2014
My son's school is wonderful! Farnham Elementary School teachers are kind, focused and organized! The Principal is very passionate with the students' curriculum and teachers needs. My son is very happy with his teacher and the guidance she provides to him. Farnham teachers always challenge the kids and help them grow, both academically and socially. It's a clean, organized and fun environment. Lastly, the Home & School Club team make it a great place to be!!! I would give it a high rating for the above reasons.

Posted November 02, 2013
Our kids LOVE school. I know it is a rare thing these days but we have had outstanding teachers every year and so have all of their friends. We love the diversity, parent involvement, teachers and the administration. The communication is good and we get our questions answered right away, we also love the "Power Groups" where kids get to grow and be challenged at their levels. The teachers are some of the most engaging and caring anywhere. We moved from another nearby city just to be at this school once we saw the diversity and sat in a few classes (Which they allowed after we checked in with the office). Principal Nguyen is very organized and disciplined and runs pretty tight ship. Some might not like his style but we all have seen that he cares and has his own children at this school which we appreciate. Sure the buildings might be a bit older but its what happens inside the walls that matter for us and we love, love, love the teachers. We frequently recommend Farnham to our friends looking for great pubilc schools. In-fact all of the Cambrian schools are pretty awesome! Thank you Farnham for making our experience with school so GREAT!

Farnham Charter School 4

Posted September 04, 2013
Farnham Elementary is a very special school due to the teachers and involvement of parents. It is a testament to the the caliber of this school that most teachers (even those from out of district) have sent their children there. With perhaps one or two exceptions the teachers are committed, kind, and genuinely care. We have loved each and everyone of our kids teachers. A small group of overachieving parents do an amazing job with extracurricular activities, fund-raising, and supporting the teachers. I only wish there was a broader base of involvement. Unfortunately I cannot say great things about the leadership. The principal, shows a lack of consistency - at times his discipline is heavy-handed and at other times much too lenient. I have also seen him treat teachers with disrespect. I believe he still has a long way to go to become a good principal and if he is not careful will begin to lose the best teachers. On a positive note, he has put scores as a priority and managed to remove some of the kids with the worst behavioral issues. As a parent, I see my children thriving both educationally and in their level of confidence. All-in-all Farnham is a wonderful school.

Farnham Charter School 1

Posted August 23, 2013
There is a very unusual climate at this school. The principal (Nguyen) is VERY hands-off, abrasive, and rude. I've even witnessed his rude behavior to teachers at the school in front of parents. It's appaling that someone like that has been put in a managerial position. Such unprofessionalism would never be tolerated in the private sector.

Posted August 09, 2013
Happy with the teachers, Mr Nguyen (principal) and the supportive environment. No one is perfect, but when I've needed to discuss issues with the staff I have been met with a "lots solve it together attitude". I feel the school is getting better and better.

Posted August 07, 2013
Farnham is the best kept secret in Santa Clara County, but that is beginning to change! In the past 10 years Farnham has blossomed into a loving, supportive, dedicated community of educators, students and parents.The teachers are highly trained, very hard working, and warm and approachable. The principal is a true leader and has brought wonderful change to the school. The parents are very involved and supportive. The Word Walk fundraiser brought in about $70,000 this past year. Most importantly, the students LOVE this school! Expectations are high, but students have fun learning and participating in the many enrichment programs offered!

15711 Woodard Road, San Jose, CA  95124-2668
Last modified Farnham Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.