Public charter
San Jose, CA

Posted April 02, 2014
My son's school is wonderful! Farnham Elementary School teachers are kind, focused and organized! The Principal is very passionate with the students' curriculum and teachers needs. My son is very happy with his teacher and the guidance she provides to him. Farnham teachers always challenge the kids and help them grow, both academically and socially. It's a clean, organized and fun environment. Lastly, the Home & School Club team make it a great place to be!!! I would give it a high rating for the above reasons.

Posted November 02, 2013
Our kids LOVE school. I know it is a rare thing these days but we have had outstanding teachers every year and so have all of their friends. We love the diversity, parent involvement, teachers and the administration. The communication is good and we get our questions answered right away, we also love the "Power Groups" where kids get to grow and be challenged at their levels. The teachers are some of the most engaging and caring anywhere. We moved from another nearby city just to be at this school once we saw the diversity and sat in a few classes (Which they allowed after we checked in with the office). Principal Nguyen is very organized and disciplined and runs pretty tight ship. Some might not like his style but we all have seen that he cares and has his own children at this school which we appreciate. Sure the buildings might be a bit older but its what happens inside the walls that matter for us and we love, love, love the teachers. We frequently recommend Farnham to our friends looking for great pubilc schools. In-fact all of the Cambrian schools are pretty awesome! Thank you Farnham for making our experience with school so GREAT!

Posted September 04, 2013
Farnham Elementary is a very special school due to the teachers and involvement of parents. It is a testament to the the caliber of this school that most teachers (even those from out of district) have sent their children there. With perhaps one or two exceptions the teachers are committed, kind, and genuinely care. We have loved each and everyone of our kids teachers. A small group of overachieving parents do an amazing job with extracurricular activities, fund-raising, and supporting the teachers. I only wish there was a broader base of involvement. Unfortunately I cannot say great things about the leadership. The principal, shows a lack of consistency - at times his discipline is heavy-handed and at other times much too lenient. I have also seen him treat teachers with disrespect. I believe he still has a long way to go to become a good principal and if he is not careful will begin to lose the best teachers. On a positive note, he has put scores as a priority and managed to remove some of the kids with the worst behavioral issues. As a parent, I see my children thriving both educationally and in their level of confidence. All-in-all Farnham is a wonderful school.

Farnham Charter School 1

Posted August 23, 2013
There is a very unusual climate at this school. The principal (Nguyen) is VERY hands-off, abrasive, and rude. I've even witnessed his rude behavior to teachers at the school in front of parents. It's appaling that someone like that has been put in a managerial position. Such unprofessionalism would never be tolerated in the private sector.

Posted August 09, 2013
Happy with the teachers, Mr Nguyen (principal) and the supportive environment. No one is perfect, but when I've needed to discuss issues with the staff I have been met with a "lots solve it together attitude". I feel the school is getting better and better.

Posted August 07, 2013
Farnham is the best kept secret in Santa Clara County, but that is beginning to change! In the past 10 years Farnham has blossomed into a loving, supportive, dedicated community of educators, students and parents.The teachers are highly trained, very hard working, and warm and approachable. The principal is a true leader and has brought wonderful change to the school. The parents are very involved and supportive. The Word Walk fundraiser brought in about $70,000 this past year. Most importantly, the students LOVE this school! Expectations are high, but students have fun learning and participating in the many enrichment programs offered!

Posted May 19, 2013
Farnham Elementary is a great school. I have 2 children that attend. I think Mr. Nguyen is a very passionate leader who has a vision for Farnham. He desires to see it grow and flourish!!! The teachers are all also amazing! Thankful for the parent support there, the teachers, and office staff.

Posted February 15, 2013
8/13 Review-Disagree or not , 1 star is for the Principal not teachers! It has nothing to do with bullies but a personal experience. My experience was similar and until you've been in this situation or know someone you probably won't understand. Maybe it's doesn't matter because your child doesn't require additional support. Before you judge ask questions! We switched schools and the new district was appalled at how our child was treated and the lack of support because being in education is about helping kids. They received our file with our requests for support and said it wasn't legal what they did or didn't do. We are thankful that our child is happy to go to school and hasn't missed 1 day this year, doesn't' fear the Principal or office staff. I agree The Teachers at Farnham are EXCELLENT as well as the PARENT SUPPORT!! Mr. Nguyen and Loren Pazdzior get a 1 star from me!

Posted October 28, 2012
Great school! A lot of activities for kids! Great after school program ROCK. 5 stars for them! Our daughter loves to go to school everyday!

Posted September 15, 2012
I 100 % disagree with 08/13/2012 review. So happy the bullies are no longer at Farnham. It only take a couple of bullies to ruin the school experience for 500 children. Farnham teachers are the BEST!!! My kids thrive at Farnham. Farnham is the only school I can think of that have an all day kindergarten. 5 stars for Farnham Elementary School.

Farnham Charter School
15711 Woodard Road, San Jose, CA  95124
Last modified Farnham Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Farnham Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews. Top