Public charter
San Jose, CA

Posted October 01, 2014
My first child attends Ida Price, i'm glad that the teachers are strict with their words. This happens to students that have no respect for the classroom other students or most importantly themselves. Some teachers use shame to make a lesson out of the nicest sweetest students. I think over the years of being in tenure these teachers find out that this may be the best method for teaching. Unfortunately times have changed and there are better methods for teaching to gear towards the future. The classroom setting is like the class room settings 50 years ago, there should be more open forums and grouping of all kinds of students to achieve a certain goal. Fortunately we have great electives and I would guess that's where the fun of the corporate world integration comes in. Teamwork to achieve a certain task like Computer/Science Projects. The only thing I can say is we can't blame the teachers or the school as much as ourselves. At the end, we must be held accountable and responsible as parents for our kids and our future.

Posted May 24, 2014
Ida Price is a pretty nice charter school in the Cambrian School District. Good atmosphere when compared to most middle schools, and it is safe. Only problem is some teachers here are kinda meh. Other than a COUPLE of teachers, the school itself is pretty good, but if your student is out of district, you shouldn't send them here even though its charter, because pretty much every kid here goes to Branham or Leigh High School and those are not charter, so the student may not get into the highschool that all of their friends are going too.

Price Charter Middle School 3

Posted September 23, 2013
Mixed reviews on the teachers my child has had so far in 6th grade. The core teacher doesn't use punctuation or spell check in emails and newsletters. There does not appear to be any effort to even out homework. One day there will be 4 assignments from the same teacher due the next day and the following day there will be one assignment. On the bright side the new principal appears to be good at making an effort to work with parents. Time will tell whether this score improves.

Posted August 17, 2013
My daughter was one of those 60 Valedictorians referenced in a previous review. I know about 20 of them from my daughter's elementary school where i volunteered in the classroom. I can vouch that those kids are indeed "A" students, even "gifted" kids. Price doesn't make it easy for kids to get A's as my daughter stayed up many nights until midnight doing homework . What Price does is give opportunities for kids to retake the quizzes/tests so that they relearn the material and demonstrate mastery of it again. This practice is very common and even in high school. In the three years there, my daughter only took maybe 3-4 retests.... Having said that, the school does have challenges as well. Yes, there are teachers who could be better, the administration could be more efficient but given the financial state of education, I'm sympathetic. Also, the role of schools has evolved beyond just teaching our kids but also being responsible for discipline, parenting even, and a host of other things I cannot even begin to understand. The bottom line for me: parents/students own their education and the school should provide resources to do so and Price did just that for us.

Price Charter Middle School 1

Posted August 15, 2013
Ida Price is a bad choice for your student. They give certain students benefits. It took one of my teachers 10 weeks to put an assignment in the grade book. Most teachers are lazy. Don't care about students just a paycheck. They also discourage accelerated learning by having a maximum of 30 kids in their advanced/honors classes. On top of that they make it extremely easy to get A's. They gave 60+ kids the "valedictorian" award which means they have gotten All A's in every class. I think a Valedictorian is an award given to a student who has showed distinguishable talents over the rest of the grade. Not 1/6 of the class. If I were you I would send your kid to a private school or to another district.

Posted July 20, 2013
I have and i am attending Ida Price Middle, i am returning as an eigth grade student. As many have dealt with econmy has changed and has effected many families including mine. Eventually we ran out of money to send me to private school, this was my fist time in public school in the sixth grade, i was obviously scared. Price was very welcoming, and had wonderful campus and staff. After the first week or two i found friendships that will last a lifetime. In my years at Price they have taken bullying very seriously, and they do not tolerate it. Thank God. Overall Price is a very wonderfull school, i am looking forward to a great new year in the 2013-2014 school year!

Price Charter Middle School 2

Posted June 03, 2011
After hearing and reading the glowing reviews about Price, I was eager to have my child attend here. I was extremely disappointed, however once she started. Since day one (freshman orientation) I've seen disorganization and 'passing the buck' which I attribute to the ongoing inconsistencies followed by the school administrators and teachers. There are typos galore on the weekly newsletters that, while trivial, is ironic given the correspondence is from an educational institution. The teachers here are either hit or miss. My daughter had 2 excellent teachers who inspired her, but there were several who seemed to be there just for the pay. Homework assignment list tend to not be updated until one to two weeks later, so good luck if your child was sick and you need to see what homework was missed. Another irony, given they stressed turning in homework on time - no excuses. Also, one teacher here likes to bury his students with homework, often assigning 2-3 assignments per night. His rationale was to 'expose them to the what high school would be like' - in the 6th grade. I am relieved that my daughter survived her middle school years here. She can't wait to leave.

Posted March 11, 2011
This school is very good. While there are some bad teachers, the eighth grade teachers are superb. The only complaint is strict rules and lots of fights happen

Posted January 08, 2011
Ida Price is the best place to go to school,I'm a student attending now in 8th grade and I'm sad when I'm not in school. I've had the time of my life at this school, great teachers, great education,great people. Yes, they do expect highly of their students,but i greatly appreciate it now that i look back at previous years. The school takes bullying very seriously and I've never been insulted,in a fight, or teased. The upside to this school is also that there is a 7 11 and starbucks down the street for students to go after school. By far if you are looking for a safe,great education,and awsome teachers Ida Price is where you should be.

Posted October 16, 2009

Price Charter Middle School
2650 New Jersey Avenue, San Jose, CA  95124
Last modified Price Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Price Charter Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 45 reviews. Top