Public charter
San Jose, CA

Posted October 16, 2013
This school is amazing and I miss it so much. So many heartwarming memories were made here and I always love to check in to see how my teachers are doing. It is miraculous when I step in the campus and see all the little kids pouncing about, not even born yet when I was their age, and to experience the loving sense of friendship that holds on to kids for the rest of their life. It is also amazing to see how much things can change in 5 years, and to be sitting in the same chairs that you sat in yourselves 5 years ago. Just thinking of the kids that sat in the same classrooms maybe even in the same spot as you in 1958. This school has the magic touch that all kids and parents desire and I highly recommend it to all who wish to have the learning and caring experience of a lifetime. ~a middle school student

Posted September 10, 2013
Sartorette is a great school in the Cambrian District. It's a smaller school, as far as number of students that are enrolled. The buildings/classrooms/playground is also smaller then other schools. I believe this makes for tight-knit community in the school. There are students with various special needs on campus and are not segregated from the rest of the students which is fantastic. All the children in the school blend well with each other and they stick up for one another. Parents are very involved with the dat-to-day goings on at the school and organize/run several fun events through out the year for the students/parents/community to get together and have fun and also fundraise for the school/

Posted December 13, 2010
I did my final semester of student teaching at this school and loved every moment of it. The staff is very caring and welcoming, and exceptionally knowledgeable in their field. My experience is that the teacher I was working with was not only a wonderful first grade teacher, but a fabulous mentor teacher. Best experience of my life!

Posted April 18, 2009
Sartorette has exceeded our previously high expectations in many ways. Our children have only attended K-2 thus far, but we can state that all of the teachers are creative and effective at creating an enjoyable but challenging learning experience. Each teacher seems to bring a unique perspective (music, science, art) that introduces a fun theme into their class and field trips. Our daughter's interest in science, art and history has really grown as a result of field trips and creative in-class experiences. Parent participation is very high as well.

Posted March 31, 2009

Sartorette Charter School 4

Posted June 09, 2008
We have enjoyed our kindergarten experience at this school. I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality and quantity of extra 'fun' things that the school does to make it a fun family oriented school. The families in the community seem very involved and their is a sense of family about the school. As with any large group of people, there can be some cliquish behavior among parents and teachers but overall the school is a very friendly and welcoming environment. The school offers extras like art, music, motor skills, spanish and science that I know are lacking in other curriculms. It will be interesting to see how the school changes now that the current principal is retiring.

Posted May 23, 2008
We have been thrilled with our daughter's kindergarten experience. There is a wonderful school community, great teachers and staff.

Sartorette Charter School 0

Posted April 23, 2008
Sartorette is one of the best school you can find. Mr Wendell and the teaching staff are amazing. My two childrens experience at Sartorette was excellent.

Posted December 04, 2007
My son seems to be enjoying time at Sartorette. One thing that I like about Sartorette is that it is providing the after-school program (no. of student is limited), where the students should finish homework first and then do some projects or play with other kids. I am very happy with Sartorette.

Sartorette Charter School 4

Posted October 20, 2007
I have two boys at Sartorette School. They have always had excellent Star test scores and I attribute that to their teachers. I do feel the primary teachers put in more time and effort that the upper grade teachers, but that may be because of class size. Overall I have been very happy at Sartorette and look forward to Price Middle School next year!

Sartorette Charter School
3850 Woodford Drive, San Jose, CA  95124
Last modified Sartorette Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sartorette Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top