Public charter
San Jose, CA

Posted August 06, 2015
My kids are English learners and we moved recently in USA. In my opinion this school is amazing. Teachers are so caring and helpful and principal does his best. We really like this school and had only positive experience.

Sartorette Charter School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 23, 2015
A nightmare to say the least. You definitely get what you pay for, nothing. The principal is awful, just schedule a meeting with him, you will see. Talk to the secretary, worse and she interacts with the kids. The test scores are horrible and they are on an academic probation. Like I said it's a nightmare.

Sartorette Charter School 1

Posted May 04, 2015
Sartorette was an awful experience for my children. I'm so happy we pulled them out of that school, and they can be happy and safe at school again. The bullying is awful there, the teachers are over loaded with problems, and the principal just looks the other way.

Sartorette Charter School 2

Posted April 05, 2015
My family recently moved to this school, we weren't sure what to expect. We found out the teachers are amazing, and have great communication with the parents. Unfortunately the office staff as we learned also plays a key role in my child's education and safety, which is why I'm writing this review. We are very unhappy with the office staff and principal. As a caring mother I would of liked to read this while searching for a school for my child.

Posted October 16, 2013
This school is amazing and I miss it so much. So many heartwarming memories were made here and I always love to check in to see how my teachers are doing. It is miraculous when I step in the campus and see all the little kids pouncing about, not even born yet when I was their age, and to experience the loving sense of friendship that holds on to kids for the rest of their life. It is also amazing to see how much things can change in 5 years, and to be sitting in the same chairs that you sat in yourselves 5 years ago. Just thinking of the kids that sat in the same classrooms maybe even in the same spot as you in 1958. This school has the magic touch that all kids and parents desire and I highly recommend it to all who wish to have the learning and caring experience of a lifetime. ~a middle school student

Posted September 10, 2013
Sartorette is a great school in the Cambrian District. It's a smaller school, as far as number of students that are enrolled. The buildings/classrooms/playground is also smaller then other schools. I believe this makes for tight-knit community in the school. There are students with various special needs on campus and are not segregated from the rest of the students which is fantastic. All the children in the school blend well with each other and they stick up for one another. Parents are very involved with the dat-to-day goings on at the school and organize/run several fun events through out the year for the students/parents/community to get together and have fun and also fundraise for the school/

Posted December 13, 2010
I did my final semester of student teaching at this school and loved every moment of it. The staff is very caring and welcoming, and exceptionally knowledgeable in their field. My experience is that the teacher I was working with was not only a wonderful first grade teacher, but a fabulous mentor teacher. Best experience of my life!

Posted April 18, 2009
Sartorette has exceeded our previously high expectations in many ways. Our children have only attended K-2 thus far, but we can state that all of the teachers are creative and effective at creating an enjoyable but challenging learning experience. Each teacher seems to bring a unique perspective (music, science, art) that introduces a fun theme into their class and field trips. Our daughter's interest in science, art and history has really grown as a result of field trips and creative in-class experiences. Parent participation is very high as well.

Sartorette Charter School 4

Posted June 09, 2008
We have enjoyed our kindergarten experience at this school. I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality and quantity of extra 'fun' things that the school does to make it a fun family oriented school. The families in the community seem very involved and their is a sense of family about the school. As with any large group of people, there can be some cliquish behavior among parents and teachers but overall the school is a very friendly and welcoming environment. The school offers extras like art, music, motor skills, spanish and science that I know are lacking in other curriculms. It will be interesting to see how the school changes now that the current principal is retiring.

Posted May 23, 2008
We have been thrilled with our daughter's kindergarten experience. There is a wonderful school community, great teachers and staff.

Sartorette Charter School
3850 Woodford Drive, San Jose, CA  95124
Last modified Sartorette Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sartorette Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top