529 students|Cambrian

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted September 15, 2015
All have been effective at the very least, and most have been very effective. It is all about chemistry between parent, child, and teacher and sometimes that chemistry is more motivating than with others.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted September 15, 2015
At times, it has been a little too much. But the teachers have always been flexible with me and my older son who has some difficulty with sitting for homework. The teachers have always been willing to find alternative ways to approach our homework issue.

Posted September 15, 2015
I love this school so much! We were displaced here when we bought our house because I missed the registration deadline for our home school, Fammatre. I was really sad about that, but as it turns out, I cannot imagine being at any other school. There is such a small community feel with massive parent involvement. The principal is stellar and all my son's teacher have been great. I realize that not every single teacher is going to be magnificent, but thus far, I have been blown away. I like that this school focuses a lot on arts, music and science as well as traditional curriculum as that is what my elementary school was like... sadly the elementary school I went to (Faria) is now way too competative and grueling from what I understand. I am pleased that Sartorette provides an excellent and VARIED education while not overwhelming the poor students. Love love love my boys school - and they do too!

Posted August 06, 2015
My kids are English learners and we moved recently in USA. In my opinion this school is amazing. Teachers are so caring and helpful and principal does his best. We really like this school and had only positive experience.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 23, 2015
A nightmare to say the least. You definitely get what you pay for, nothing. The principal is awful, just schedule a meeting with him, you will see. Talk to the secretary, worse and she interacts with the kids. The test scores are horrible and they are on an academic probation. Like I said it's a nightmare.

Sartorette Charter School 1

Posted May 04, 2015
Sartorette was an awful experience for my children. I'm so happy we pulled them out of that school, and they can be happy and safe at school again. The bullying is awful there, the teachers are over loaded with problems, and the principal just looks the other way.

Sartorette Charter School 2

Posted April 05, 2015
My family recently moved to this school, we weren't sure what to expect. We found out the teachers are amazing, and have great communication with the parents. Unfortunately the office staff as we learned also plays a key role in my child's education and safety, which is why I'm writing this review. We are very unhappy with the office staff and principal. As a caring mother I would of liked to read this while searching for a school for my child.

Posted October 16, 2013
This school is amazing and I miss it so much. So many heartwarming memories were made here and I always love to check in to see how my teachers are doing. It is miraculous when I step in the campus and see all the little kids pouncing about, not even born yet when I was their age, and to experience the loving sense of friendship that holds on to kids for the rest of their life. It is also amazing to see how much things can change in 5 years, and to be sitting in the same chairs that you sat in yourselves 5 years ago. Just thinking of the kids that sat in the same classrooms maybe even in the same spot as you in 1958. This school has the magic touch that all kids and parents desire and I highly recommend it to all who wish to have the learning and caring experience of a lifetime. ~a middle school student

Posted September 10, 2013
Sartorette is a great school in the Cambrian District. It's a smaller school, as far as number of students that are enrolled. The buildings/classrooms/playground is also smaller then other schools. I believe this makes for tight-knit community in the school. There are students with various special needs on campus and are not segregated from the rest of the students which is fantastic. All the children in the school blend well with each other and they stick up for one another. Parents are very involved with the dat-to-day goings on at the school and organize/run several fun events through out the year for the students/parents/community to get together and have fun and also fundraise for the school/

Posted December 13, 2010
I did my final semester of student teaching at this school and loved every moment of it. The staff is very caring and welcoming, and exceptionally knowledgeable in their field. My experience is that the teacher I was working with was not only a wonderful first grade teacher, but a fabulous mentor teacher. Best experience of my life!

3850 Woodford Drive, San Jose, CA  95124-3736
Last modified Sartorette Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sartorette Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top