625 students|Campbell Union

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted February 07, 2016
The teachers I encountered were nice but they are afraid of the administrators and the principles therefore they cannot and will not protect your children

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted February 07, 2016
I don't know because my daughter was never given homework to complete at home she was forced to stay after school and finish all her homework

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted February 07, 2016
My daughter has extreme ptsd after being verbally assaulted and abused by the principle on multiple occasions

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted February 07, 2016
My daughter was verbally abused by the principle on multiple occasions and bullied by students to the point that she still has ptsd

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 07, 2016
Horrible staff and administration. They care more about protecting violent staff members and mean children then the defenseless

Blackford Elementary School 1

Posted October 08, 2015
My advice, if you have a choice, do not allow your children to attend here. Terrible office staff who have bad attitudes. My son is always getting hurt during recess only to find out that "no one saw" so nothing is done about being kicked, pushed, tripped. If I had a choice to change schools I would do it in a heartbreat. Read these reviews!!

Blackford Elementary School 5

Posted August 17, 2015
My children have been at this school for the past 2 school years. It is by far one of the best elementary schools that my children have ever attended and I look forward to the 2015-2016 school year!

Posted May 14, 2015
The teachers and administrators at Blackford make a huge effort to make it a successful school. The parent community is improving with each year that we attend. We have been attending for 3 years, attending grades tk, k, 1, 2, 3, and 4 between 3 children. I firmly believe that a lot of experiences depend on your attitude and involvement. I spend a lot of time on campus volunteering. Our public schools won't get better until parents shift their mindset and send their kids to public schools. As long as you are involved, your child will get a great education and have a good experience.

Posted April 26, 2015
As we are finishing up our fourth year at Blackford with many more to go, I am still so impressed with all of the improvements happening at this school. The staff is so committed to making our children's experience not only positive but productive and successful. I have a tremendous amount of praise for the office staff and how they manage the day to day business of our school. The principal and her staff have set the tone and created a community committed to making Blackford a neighborhood school you would be proud to send your child to. We are looking forward to another great year next year!

Posted April 26, 2015
I am a parent of a 1st grader...I have been very happy here at Blackford. We are very involved in the school and PTA, which by the way is amazing. They have done such a great job creating a community within Blackford. It's not perfect but its improved leaps and bounds from prior years. The staff has been wonderful and both teachers we've had are amazing and so caring. I had hesitations coming in at kinder, but those were long gone the first day of school...we felt happy to be part of Blackford and continue to feel that way...and being involved makes it all worth while. Go Bobcats!!

1970 Willow Street, San Jose, CA  95125-5241
Last modified Blackford Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Blackford Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top