Public charter
San Jose, CA

Monroe Middle School 1

Posted January 25, 2014
As the kids would say this school "sucks" . Very rude staff memebers too strict on EVERYTHING i'm suprised they can even breath. Bad school don't even consider this school

Monroe Middle School 3

Posted November 08, 2010
The school has very great teachers and a great principal. The academics are challenging but not most of the students are motivated enough. The staff is great but they can be better. The school offers homework help and lots of after school programs. I do see some inappropriate actions like public display of affection and hear a lot of cussing with the students. The teachers really do want to help the students but the less intelligent students aren't motivated enough to learn.

Monroe Middle School 4

Posted March 19, 2010
I am really happy with my choice to send my child to Monroe. My daughter has thrived at the school. She is on the honor roll. The teachers are open to communication and get back to me right away. They stay after school to help children who need it. They offer sports, band and theatre. The principal is really great she wants to be there and make a difference. She is approchable and willing to listen. She wants what's best for her students and the school.

Posted December 12, 2009
monroe middle school has very good teachers who can spend time with students if they need help and has structured their schedules very well.

Posted November 15, 2009
i love my school. the staff is great and its a lot of fun to be there!

Posted October 03, 2009
Very diverse school. They have a great principal that is trying to turn the school around.

Posted September 24, 2009
2009 Monroe continues to work hard on community building and the good citizenship of its students. And we have an awesome band. Children are thriving!

Posted September 23, 2009
We have awesome staff who work really hard to help our students thrive.

Posted September 05, 2009
I love monroe! I am in 6th grade and i was also at monroe for fifth grade. The teachers at monroe are just so caring and supportive of every student there attending at monroe. The principal, the VP, they all care. Even though we may have uniforms, it doesnt rally matter anymore. Thats because of everything else the school is doing for all us students, we dont really care if we have uniform.

Monroe Middle School 4

Posted August 19, 2008
i love monroe :D lots of great people on the other hand some wanna bees which i hate but we have uniforms now so no red & blue which is a good thing to stop the gang violence ! i am now going into 8th grade with a 3.8 GPA which is because of my wonderful teachers modivation they have a great elective system so you can be in band,spanish,ceramic etc. great school :]

1055 South Monroe Street, San Jose, CA  95128
Last modified Monroe Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Monroe Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top