Posted June 13, 2013
Don't let the high API make you think that it has anything to do with the school or the teachers. Most of the kids that come to these schools have educated parents. They may also have a parent at home keeping them in line with school. Many of these students are from families that value better academic standards than the regular public schools. Most are either Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans , and very small percentage of southeast Asian such as Vietnamese Burmeses and Filipinos for all of the Cupertion Union School District. If your kid is not interested in learning or is above average than he/she will not get any better cuz the child along with their parents put in the most effort. The teachers are about 20% responsible. Just letting you people know and not to think that there is anything to do with the staffs. It is very expensive homes per square footage and also the rent is going crazy right now. My kids love school and are doing very well and that is the reason we stay.

Posted January 10, 2012
This is a wonderful medium sized school with great academics and highly motivated teachers. The school has two different programs, neighborhood and Chinese Immersion. The neighborhood teachers are very caring, student oriented and easily accessible. The new principal is very good at motivating the teachers. I have already seen a difference. A new playground has just been installed for the students. Thanks Mrs. Hickey. The Chinese Immersion program however is using too much resources of this school. As a result, some programs for the whole student body such as chess has to be taken away. The Chinese program takes students from the Cupertino district. Teachers are mostly from Taiwan and the atmosphere is also Chinese. Parents involvement high. Teachers work hard, however, need to be more Americanized in teaching. Not for every student who wants to learn Chinese.

Posted September 02, 2011
Very good school. Teachers are very orgnized and caring. Admin is friendly. Parents and Students are great. My daughter is very happy there everyday.

Posted February 02, 2011
Overall Great!!! great parent participation, administratively very organized, caring staff and involved parents. My daugher loves it! and the YMCA that is on campus is rated the best in the system. Peace of mind.....

Posted October 15, 2010
This school had two great principals the past years. But this year (2010-2011), there is a new principal. The Principal is completely unenthusiastic about adding more extra curricular programs. She has no vision of where she wants the school to progress. She is completely uninterested in betterment of the kids and the school. I would really think twice in enrolling in a school with such an indifferent principal.

R. I. Meyerholz Elementary School 0

Posted May 13, 2010
Great immersion program, parents and teachers all working together

Posted May 10, 2010
The community cares about its students and are willing to do what it takes to produce outstanding students. Parents, teachers, administrators collaborate to create the most conducive environment for learning.

Posted May 06, 2010
My daughter is getting a good education there. Staff are caring and school is well organized.

R. I. Meyerholz Elementary School 0

Posted May 05, 2010
Great immersion program and parents are involved in school activities.

Posted April 28, 2010
Teacher don't do much in Meyerholz, they have high score is because the parents send the kids to after school tutoring all the time. We parents spend a lot of the money for our kids to have tutor, actually all the schools teacher in california are same standard, it depends on the parents in the area. If they family have money and time to spend on the kids, of course they will get high score. The new principle is so so also, not so nice and she thinks she is running the company.

R. I. Meyerholz Elementary School
6990 Melvin Drive, San Jose, CA  95129
Last modified R. I. Meyerholz Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
R. I. Meyerholz Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top