1,328 students|Cupertino Union

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They don't treat the kids right all they want is for them to be good and move ahead in life so they don't have to deal with us and high school teachers can take care of us.

Amount of homework: no rating

I don't know what to say about the homework like most of the times teachers don't give you homework which is nice but then when they do it doesn't relate to what they taught us and the test are the most diffucult and they give like a test in each class almost everyday/week.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

i can't explain this everyone legit just stabs u in the back and all u can do about it is cry and deal with it. The people in the school just want to get over with middle school legit

I will say the school is so-so, the great API is because of the private tutoring and family value of academic performances. Stuff do not need to contribute nothing more , or even less than other not-that-good school, they are just lucky to have students from better family backgrounds , most them are Indians or Chinese families, and those two groups value the academic performance so much. My kid told me that P.E. tore a student paper into pieces publically just because he did not follow the instruction and put it into the tray, and instead, the student handed to the P.E. teacher. I cannot believe that can happen in US. I told my kid, never allow your teacher do the same thing to you! If it happens, you have to let parents know and I will fight for you.

As a student I loved going to Miller, but then that was 40 years ago. I wonder if any of my teachers are still around LOL.

I would give this school an average rating, nothing so outstanding about this school. Parents and kids need to put lots of effort, almost all students get private tutoring. I never heard anyone saying the teachers motivated the student to take to next level. Lots of educated parents around the neighborhood so they take initiative to take the kids to science Olympiad like activities. So these kids would definitely stand out. I have compared lots of school in not so good school district with this, I could not find any single difference in the program or any outstanding activity at this school. I tried to register my son for Robotics club after hearing lots of good reviews, nothing happened that year. It was said that some teachers would volunteer and take them for competition. Kids don t have a super friendly atmosphere, my kid was nervous to go and speak anything to any teachers. So this is best suited for students and parents who are over achievers and extraverts, not a good atmosphere for an average performing kid or an average parent/family.

I am satisfied with whole thihgs. My daugher is happy to go to school. She loves her school and her friends.

Many of the students that attend this school are from families that value better academic standards. The students and parents put in the effort. You cannot put a student that is below average into this school and expecting the teachers to turn them around. It doesn't work that way.

There are many Indians/Pakistians/Cashmere = used to be one India before the British broke them into 3 countries. I had not met an India parent that is not a FOB and majority speak with very accent and a few moderate accent. I hear majority speak their native language to their kids, but Indian Dialect is listed as only 10% for this school. The percentage of Indians/Pakistians/Cashmere people combine should make between 30 to 35% of the total school population. There is no hindi speaking indian at this school is not believeable either. Please update the data.

Not all the teachers are great, so if your kid is not able to learn by him or herself, then you better not enroll them into this school. There are some good teachers, but there are bad ones too. The bad ones cannot teach. They read off from the books. Currently my child misses the advance 6th grade math teacher cuz she is on maternity leave. My child does not like the sub for advance math. My child told me this sub does show the students in class how to do the math equations. Gee, why do we need a teacher like that for!! I hope the principal reads this and is looking into this problem

Last modified Joaquin Miller Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.