Posted July 26, 2014
As a student I loved going to Miller, but then that was 40 years ago. I wonder if any of my teachers are still around LOL.

Posted April 07, 2014
I would give this school an average rating, nothing so outstanding about this school. Parents and kids need to put lots of effort, almost all students get private tutoring. I never heard anyone saying the teachers motivated the student to take to next level. Lots of educated parents around the neighborhood so they take initiative to take the kids to science Olympiad like activities. So these kids would definitely stand out. I have compared lots of school in not so good school district with this, I could not find any single difference in the program or any outstanding activity at this school. I tried to register my son for Robotics club after hearing lots of good reviews, nothing happened that year. It was said that some teachers would volunteer and take them for competition. Kids don t have a super friendly atmosphere, my kid was nervous to go and speak anything to any teachers. So this is best suited for students and parents who are over achievers and extraverts, not a good atmosphere for an average performing kid or an average parent/family.

Joaquin Miller Middle School 4

Posted September 24, 2013
I am satisfied with whole thihgs. My daugher is happy to go to school. She loves her school and her friends.

Posted June 13, 2013
Many of the students that attend this school are from families that value better academic standards. The students and parents put in the effort. You cannot put a student that is below average into this school and expecting the teachers to turn them around. It doesn't work that way.

Joaquin Miller Middle School 4

Posted March 23, 2013
There are many Indians/Pakistians/Cashmere = used to be one India before the British broke them into 3 countries. I had not met an India parent that is not a FOB and majority speak with very accent and a few moderate accent. I hear majority speak their native language to their kids, but Indian Dialect is listed as only 10% for this school. The percentage of Indians/Pakistians/Cashmere people combine should make between 30 to 35% of the total school population. There is no hindi speaking indian at this school is not believeable either. Please update the data.

Posted March 23, 2013
Not all the teachers are great, so if your kid is not able to learn by him or herself, then you better not enroll them into this school. There are some good teachers, but there are bad ones too. The bad ones cannot teach. They read off from the books. Currently my child misses the advance 6th grade math teacher cuz she is on maternity leave. My child does not like the sub for advance math. My child told me this sub does show the students in class how to do the math equations. Gee, why do we need a teacher like that for!! I hope the principal reads this and is looking into this problem

Posted December 30, 2012
I go to this school and love it and in 8th grade. I'm going to miss this school for 4yrs.

Posted December 28, 2012
I can't say anything. All I can say is it's beyond amazing. If you come you will know what I mean. Infinity out of 5 stars.

Posted November 26, 2012
Miller is a good school but it is not that special from the other schools in this district. They don't have much opportunity for ELD students and the learning is based on tests. They don't have many great electives like other schools do. Although it has a high API level, it has nothing to do with the school or the teachers. The API was based on students. Kids at Miller are more advantaged in many aspects such as wealthy families, better Elementary schools, and the overall atmosphere. Parents shouldn't expect their kids to be perfect just because they go to Miller. My friend goes to Hyde and tells me about the school. Their API is affected by ELDs, families with low income and education, and (not trying to be racist) different cultures. Their is a high rate of low income families who don't have the same happiness in their children's education. My friend thinks that with student with opportunities and privileges like those in Miller, Hyde would be the schools everyone brags about. Apparently, Hyde has better teachers, more electives, and just needs more attention and funding. After that Miller vs. Hyde debate, I must say, she won.

Joaquin Miller Middle School 2

Posted August 17, 2012
Isn't great. I'm a student here and going into 8th grade soon. The teachers are really just your average teacher reading things from the workbook, not coming up with their own fun and exciting ideas. There's a lot of gossip going around in the students, and even though I'm pretty popular, I know everybody gets their own piece once in a while. Depressing atmosphere, clases are pretty boring. Theres a lot of emphasis on tests, but really the only reason you would stay up at night studying is if you are very unprepared and cramming. I recommend it for parents who don't have great expectations of their kids.

Joaquin Miller Middle School
6151 Rainbow Drive, San Jose, CA  95129
Last modified Joaquin Miller Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Joaquin Miller Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 65 reviews.