1,328 students|Cupertino Union

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (2 responses)

Grateful to: Student

Posted August 09, 2016
my friends have been the most helpful they make school fun they make me forget about all the bad things i can't live without them

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 09, 2016
They don't treat the kids right all they want is for them to be good and move ahead in life so they don't have to deal with us and high school teachers can take care of us.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted August 09, 2016
I don't know what to say about the homework like most of the times teachers don't give you homework which is nice but then when they do it doesn't relate to what they taught us and the test are the most diffucult and they give like a test in each class almost everyday/week.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 09, 2016
the teachers definitely give us the hardest time it just adds on to the stuff we already have to deal with i know they r teaching and want a good salary but if you r gonna be rude to us you are gonna bad reviews and bad reviews lead to less money and being bad teachers makes us don't like school therefore it leads to ditching

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 09, 2016
i can't explain this everyone legit just stabs u in the back and all u can do about it is cry and deal with it. The people in the school just want to get over with middle school legit

Grateful to: Student

Posted December 10, 2015
Well students. All the students that I know in Miller middle school I want to say thanks to. In one way or another we all helped each other to make our school a great place. Thank you!

Joaquin Miller Middle School 3

Posted October 23, 2014
I will say the school is so-so, the great API is because of the private tutoring and family value of academic performances. Stuff do not need to contribute nothing more , or even less than other not-that-good school, they are just lucky to have students from better family backgrounds , most them are Indians or Chinese families, and those two groups value the academic performance so much. My kid told me that P.E. tore a student paper into pieces publically just because he did not follow the instruction and put it into the tray, and instead, the student handed to the P.E. teacher. I cannot believe that can happen in US. I told my kid, never allow your teacher do the same thing to you! If it happens, you have to let parents know and I will fight for you.

Joaquin Miller Middle School 5

Posted July 26, 2014
As a student I loved going to Miller, but then that was 40 years ago. I wonder if any of my teachers are still around LOL.

Joaquin Miller Middle School 3

Posted April 07, 2014
I would give this school an average rating, nothing so outstanding about this school. Parents and kids need to put lots of effort, almost all students get private tutoring. I never heard anyone saying the teachers motivated the student to take to next level. Lots of educated parents around the neighborhood so they take initiative to take the kids to science Olympiad like activities. So these kids would definitely stand out. I have compared lots of school in not so good school district with this, I could not find any single difference in the program or any outstanding activity at this school. I tried to register my son for Robotics club after hearing lots of good reviews, nothing happened that year. It was said that some teachers would volunteer and take them for competition. Kids don t have a super friendly atmosphere, my kid was nervous to go and speak anything to any teachers. So this is best suited for students and parents who are over achievers and extraverts, not a good atmosphere for an average performing kid or an average parent/family.

Joaquin Miller Middle School 4

Posted September 24, 2013
I am satisfied with whole thihgs. My daugher is happy to go to school. She loves her school and her friends.

6151 Rainbow Drive, San Jose, CA  95129-4043
Last modified Joaquin Miller Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.