1,305 students|Cupertino Union

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Student (1 response)

Joaquin Miller Middle School
Grateful to: Student

Posted December 10, 2015
Well students. All the students that I know in Miller middle school I want to say thanks to. In one way or another we all helped each other to make our school a great place. Thank you!

Posted October 23, 2014
I will say the school is so-so, the great API is because of the private tutoring and family value of academic performances. Stuff do not need to contribute nothing more , or even less than other not-that-good school, they are just lucky to have students from better family backgrounds , most them are Indians or Chinese families, and those two groups value the academic performance so much. My kid told me that P.E. tore a student paper into pieces publically just because he did not follow the instruction and put it into the tray, and instead, the student handed to the P.E. teacher. I cannot believe that can happen in US. I told my kid, never allow your teacher do the same thing to you! If it happens, you have to let parents know and I will fight for you.

Posted July 26, 2014
As a student I loved going to Miller, but then that was 40 years ago. I wonder if any of my teachers are still around LOL.

Posted April 07, 2014
I would give this school an average rating, nothing so outstanding about this school. Parents and kids need to put lots of effort, almost all students get private tutoring. I never heard anyone saying the teachers motivated the student to take to next level. Lots of educated parents around the neighborhood so they take initiative to take the kids to science Olympiad like activities. So these kids would definitely stand out. I have compared lots of school in not so good school district with this, I could not find any single difference in the program or any outstanding activity at this school. I tried to register my son for Robotics club after hearing lots of good reviews, nothing happened that year. It was said that some teachers would volunteer and take them for competition. Kids don t have a super friendly atmosphere, my kid was nervous to go and speak anything to any teachers. So this is best suited for students and parents who are over achievers and extraverts, not a good atmosphere for an average performing kid or an average parent/family.

Joaquin Miller Middle School 4

Posted September 24, 2013
I am satisfied with whole thihgs. My daugher is happy to go to school. She loves her school and her friends.

Posted June 13, 2013
Many of the students that attend this school are from families that value better academic standards. The students and parents put in the effort. You cannot put a student that is below average into this school and expecting the teachers to turn them around. It doesn't work that way.

Joaquin Miller Middle School 4

Posted March 23, 2013
There are many Indians/Pakistians/Cashmere = used to be one India before the British broke them into 3 countries. I had not met an India parent that is not a FOB and majority speak with very accent and a few moderate accent. I hear majority speak their native language to their kids, but Indian Dialect is listed as only 10% for this school. The percentage of Indians/Pakistians/Cashmere people combine should make between 30 to 35% of the total school population. There is no hindi speaking indian at this school is not believeable either. Please update the data.

Posted March 23, 2013
Not all the teachers are great, so if your kid is not able to learn by him or herself, then you better not enroll them into this school. There are some good teachers, but there are bad ones too. The bad ones cannot teach. They read off from the books. Currently my child misses the advance 6th grade math teacher cuz she is on maternity leave. My child does not like the sub for advance math. My child told me this sub does show the students in class how to do the math equations. Gee, why do we need a teacher like that for!! I hope the principal reads this and is looking into this problem

Posted December 30, 2012
I go to this school and love it and in 8th grade. I'm going to miss this school for 4yrs.

Posted December 28, 2012
I can't say anything. All I can say is it's beyond amazing. If you come you will know what I mean. Infinity out of 5 stars.

Joaquin Miller Middle School
6151 Rainbow Drive, San Jose, CA  95129-4043
Last modified Joaquin Miller Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.