443 students|Cupertino Union

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted May 18, 2016
Since this is a smaller school, teachers pay higher attention on individual kids. My kids love the school and they enjoy going to it! Setting up a good personality & character is far more important than getting high marks in academic result at this young age!

Posted October 08, 2015
This a great school in CUSD - this is in fact the third elementary school my child is attending within CUSD and I love that it's a smaller school. Teachers are very caring and attentive to individual students, and the principal is great. It should be rated higher IMHO.

John Muir Elementary School 3

Posted January 13, 2014
I just moved here to portage 2months ago and my son started out Ok the teachers are Ok but they can work on the discrimination among the kids a lot better than its been because it make my kid not like coming to school and I don't like it because we are here to stay but once they work on that little situation I mention I would rate the school a B+ from my rating sincerely yours parent

Posted November 26, 2013
Amazing teachers & staff over the past 3 years 2010-2013. They have a new principal Mrs. Steele who has great energy & leadership. Vanessa Mercado, the IEP instructor provides a nurturing environment for children with ADHD, kindness & patience are her best qualities!!! Mrs Salas (5th grade teacher) provides an educationally challenging but fun environment which distracts the pressure of a challenging academic environment to a fun class to learn in all year long! Mrs Chu (3rd grade) teacher has a lot of experience & provides a warm & caring environment that is conducive to students learning at their own pace. I highly recommend this wonderful school. Great technology, awesome PTA President Wendy Strand who organizes an amazing Harvest Festival, book exchange & more!!

John Muir Elementary School 3

Posted December 31, 2012
We relocated back to the US this year and realized that there are probably 98% Asian in John Muir. The international school that my kid attended has a even higher student diversity than in this town. It was to my big surprise. Homework routine was introduced only after parents' meeting in October. The class is full of students of all different levels of competence. If you want your child to feel confident, he/she can easily earn it at this school. If you believe that peers are important and they can challenge each other so to bring out the best of a child, it's probably not the case in here. My kid also picks up a bad habit from an adult from this school.

Posted December 28, 2012
I don't think greatschool's stats do the diversity at this school justice. It really is the most diverse school in CUSD. Yes, there are more Asian and Indian students, but there are also many white and Hispanic students. I love that my daughter is around diversity like this. I was a little nervous when we moved in because John Muir was the "overflow" school, but I love the smaller size of the school and was happily surprised. The principle is amazing and seems to really care about and know each student. My daughter was behind in reading, but her teacher has been happy to help me work with her to get her caught up. All of the parents are involved in their child's education. What a wonderful place John Muir is. I couldn't be more at ease having my daughter spend the day there.

Posted May 06, 2010
John Muir is such a wonderful place for my kids. Not only they have the loving nourishing staff, but a very strong academic. Love it!

Posted April 27, 2010
this is one of the best elementary schools in the cupertino and santa clara districts. the teachers are so caring about the students , they give each child individual attention . The principal is a great leader , and the children find him very approachable. great team work . keep it up john muir. my grandson loves his school.

Posted October 06, 2009
The teachers & staff really care about every student.

Posted September 05, 2009
As a parent of a student who attends John Muir and as an employee of the Cupertino Union School District I think that if you have a child going to school here you are pretty darn lucky. There are great teachers and parent support. People should feel pretty lucky to live and have their kids go to school in the CUSD.

6560 Hanover Drive, San Jose, CA  95129-3832
Last modified John Muir Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.